Resolved FL - Palm Beach Co, WhtFem, UP16715, 22-44, in wooded area, two diamond rings, Dec'82 - namus removed

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Namus UP 16715

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16715

Unidentified Body/Remains (White Female)

Found December 19, 1982 in Palm Beach County, FL
Body Condition: Not recognizable
Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 22-44 (Adult)

Approximate Height: 63 estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Brown; remains of hair present

Eye Color:
unknown
Scars and marks:
nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing:
Blue jeans with a brand name "U R FREE" had a length of 3'5" as measured from the outside. Inseam length is 32". Waist diameter was 29". T-shirt had a unique design and writing of ...ALE 1980 (Could be MOOSEALE). White panties. Brassiere size 34D with lace in the front and a stretch strap.

Jewerly: white metal "Benrus" brand wristwatch, two diamond rings near remains. One ring white metal diamond pinky ring and the other a 10 karat ladies yellow metal cocktail ring with four baguette diamonds. A necklace with yellow metal mariner's anchor pendant

Footwear: nothing

Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available and entered
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA:
Sample submitted - tests not complete

Case History
:
Middle-aged white female, decomposed body found in a wooded area. She was short and had considerable dental repair work. She was wearing jewelry.

Interesting that there's no cause of death given. If she was murdered, it's surprising that her killer left 2 diamond rings on her.

It's also somewhat confusing that she is described as "middle-aged" yet her estimated age range is given as 22-44.

It could be that if she was murdered and the motive was robbery they probably thought the rings were fake and or they thought that it was easier to just get cash rather than pawning off some rings. Or if she was murdered then they probably didn't care much about the rings and maybe took her wallet as to make sure she wouldn't be identified.

On another note. We can probably assume that the remains were at most would had been there since 1980 since the shirt had that year on it and I don't think that it would had been sold before that year. Was it common for older women to wear pinky rings at this time?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3379dffl.html

Andrea Darlene Allen
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: May 24, 1982
Location Last Seen: West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Florida

Physical Description
** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: February 24, 1959
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 yrs old
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 105-115 lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Andrea Darlene Shapiro

Distinguishing Marks/Features: None

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Andrea was last seen on May 24, 1982 in West Palm Beach, Florida.

3379DFFL[1].jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2457dffl.html

Gwendelyn Kay Goode
Missing since February 18, 1982 from Orlando, Florida
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: May 8, 1942
Age at Time of Disappearance: 40 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 155 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red hair.
DNA: Available

Gwendelyn Goode walked away from their residence in February 1981.
She was a heavy drinker, and no one reported her missing for a while.
There was a reported sighting of Gwen in the summer of 1981. At that time, she was with a white, male transient, also a presumed alcoholic.
She was presumed to have resorted to a transient lifestyle, and is now presumed dead.

GGoode[1].jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2438dffl.html

Patricia T. Ford
Missing since January 26, 1982 from Oldsmar, Pinellas County, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing

PTFord[1].jpg

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 19, 1916
Age at Time of Disappearance: 65 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 105 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Grey hair; hazel eyes.

Patricia Ford was last seen removing $5,000 from her bank in Tampa. She was going to buy antique figurines from a woman who was about to move into a nursing home. Police never found the seller, and suspect Patricia may have been victim of a scheme to rob or abduct her. Ford regularly bought and sold antiques at the Oldsmar flea market.
Her vehicle was found abandoned at Lafayette Boulevard and National Orange Drive in Oldsmar, Florida.

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available and entered
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA:
Sample submitted - tests not complete

I find it quite interesting that this case have been given an 'identification potential' rating of low (one star)

Yes a lot of time has passed, but when fingerprints, dental and DNA are all available, I think there is still a very good chance that she will be identified, eventually.

Andrea Allen sounds promising, although would police not have made the connection at the time given she disappeared only a short drive away from where this Jane Doe was found? The hair colour is also different but dark blonde and light brown can easily be interchangeable.

The clothing and jewellery description sounds to me like a younger woman, just my opinion. So the older suggestions don't stick out to me so much.

This site has some info on the history of Benrus watches - seems like it was a very common brand through to the 1960s and 1970s but then became less so. Interestingly: "In the 1960's through the late 70's, Benrus made military issue watches used by the Army and Navy. These were issued to servicemen fighting in the Vietnam War." http://www.thewatchguy.com/pages/BENRUS.html That combined with the anchor pendant - wonder if this was a wife/daughter/girlfriend of a Navy serviceman? I don't know much about this but it looks like there are some Naval bases in the area?

I'm surprised pictures of the jewelry weren't uploaded. They sound very distinct.
I'd never heard of or seen Benrus watches before, so I cruised through Wikipedia.
I think NamUs has since updated the case, because it now states fingerprints aren't available.

I find the size of this petite ladies jeans is throwing me a bit. A woman who only measures 5'3" tall would be swimming in 32" length jeans and normally women's jeans come in 29"/31"/33" inseams. It would suggest that the jeans she wearing were men's and perhaps she rolled them up.
Also, from her clothing if the jeans actually fit her...then she would be approximately around 130 lbs.
I'd also add, that her size 34D bust size might have given her a top heavy look, since a 34 band is not large at all. Curvy figure, I would venture to guess.

It could be that if she was murdered and the motive was robbery they probably thought the rings were fake and or they thought that it was easier to just get cash rather than pawning off some rings. Or if she was murdered then they probably didn't care much about the rings and maybe took her wallet as to make sure she wouldn't be identified.

Possible, certainly. And also possible her killer thought he might get caught if he tried to sell them. On the other hand, if he was fairly mobile he could have kept them for a while and tried to sell them out of state, or simply taken them to a second hand jeweller and asked if they were diamonds. "Probably not - Gran never did have much money".

Was it common for older women to wear pinky rings at this time?

Is or was it common for anyone to wear pinky rings?

I've only ever heard of them in one context - a ring, especially a signet ring, worn on the little finger of the left hand used to be used by gay men in the UK in decades past to recognise one another.

On the other hand it's possible it had been her ring when she was a child but only fit the little finger once she was an adult.

My gut says that the motive for this one was more likely to be a domestic violence incident. Robbery is less likely the motive because of the jewellery - in my opinion.

Statistically, it's likely it was a partner/husband who killed her as opposed to a stranger. I doubt she is on a missing persons list - I would guess her partner/husband said that she'd left him.

I find the size of this petite ladies jeans is throwing me a bit. A woman who only measures 5'3" tall would be swimming in 32" length jeans and normally women's jeans come in 29"/31"/33" inseams. It would suggest that the jeans she wearing were men's and perhaps she rolled them up.
Also, from her clothing if the jeans actually fit her...then she would be approximately around 130 lbs.
I'd also add, that her size 34D bust size might have given her a top heavy look, since a 34 band is not large at all. Curvy figure, I would venture to guess.

I did a search for that brand of jeans and found one pair on ebay which were a women's style with a 32 inch inseam - so perhaps an anomaly of that particular brand that they did a 32? But yes, you're right that they seem long for someone that height.

I did a search for that brand of jeans and found one pair on ebay which were a women's style with a 32 inch inseam - so perhaps an anomaly of that particular brand that they did a 32? But yes, you're right that they seem long for someone that height.

Unless she wore them with high platform soled shoes.

There is also Robyn Melanie Adler:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11326/99

Robyn was 64” tall with brown hair.

Robyn, along with two other young women, Andrea Darlene Allen and Deborah Kim Green, disappeared from the same area in May of 1982 and 1983 in separate cases. Their vehicles were found abandoned afterwards and no one has seen any of the girls since:

https://truecrimediva.com/andrea-allen-deborah-green-robyn-adler/

Oops! Robyn is listed as missing in May 1983 and the decedent’s remains were discovered in December 1982.

Andrea Darlene Allen has already been mentioned as a potential match and hasn’t been ruled out.

Although Deborah Kim Green has brown hair, she is 69” tall and clothing does not match:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/11891

Back to the drawing board . . .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie