Found Deceased NM - Jose Flores, 26, Ruidoso, 25 June 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Jose Flores reportedly went with another man to the Hale Lake Road area to search for antlers sheds, but the man called his father for a ride home about 6 a.m., Monday. He said he didn’t see Flores after they separated on different paths, according to a volunteer on the rescue mission.

He was supposed to show up for work on Sunday, but did not,” a friend of the family said Wednesday. “A search started about 11 a.m. Monday with horses, dogs and helicopters, but they didn’t find anything. It was called off about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.”

The family friend said Flores’ older white Nissan Pathfinder and his cell phone were found in the area.

http://www.ruidosonews.com/story/ne...oso-downs-man-missing-since-sunday/437289001/

cc04cbe581ec4911f0ce4f0a1738280c.jpg

This smells super stinky. He was supposed to be at work Sunday? And his friend calls for a ride early Monday morning? I also see in the story that the search has been called off and the sheriff says things are not adding up or making sense.

Man, I can't imagine giving up after 2 days of searching. Sheriff must not be very convinced he's lost.

But I have so many questions.

How long had they been there? When were they planning on leaving? When did they split up? Is there any cell service in the area? Did JF have enough supplies for the length of time they had planned to be gone? Why did "friend" need a ride home early Monday? Did "friend" attempt to find JF? Or does "friend" know exactly where he left him? Why does "friend" want his name omitted?

I find it odd they would be looking for antler sheds this time of year. Deer etc. shed their antlers between January and March...maybe early April too. You don't want to wait long to look for sheds because the minute they hit the ground they are chewed on by rodents etc. and they don't last long.

I find it odd they would be looking for antler sheds this time of year. Deer etc. shed their antlers between January and March...maybe early April too. You don't want to wait long to look for sheds because the minute they hit the ground they are chewed on by rodents etc. and they don't last long.
Oh my. This case is very sad because it appears the hinky was on from the beginning.

Slightly O/T but when first reading and posting I was that dumb girl re: sheds. I was thinking of a small building and couldn't understand why they existed and why they went out "supposely" looking for them.

Looking for Jose....

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Very odd case.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I can't find any new articles. Bumping for Jose and hoping he's safe.

Bumping for Jose....

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Ruidoso is a very special place to me, I practically grew up there. My family had a cabin, then a condo, and I went skiing every other weekend for many years. It's a beautiful and cozy getaway for a lot of El Pasoans. However, when I got a little older a friend and I met a creep who turned out to be a drug dealer. Ruidoso has a dark underside that seems to have gotten worse since I became aware of it years ago. Here are a couple of articles from the last two years:

34 arrested in connection with meth trafficking on Mescalero Apache Reservation and southern NM

http://www.kvia.com/news/34-arreste...o-apache-reservation-and-southern-nm/56161659

Six arrested or detained in drug raid

http://www.ruidosonews.com/story/news/local/2016/04/07/six-arrested-detained-drug-raid/82746276/

Not trying to sound naive, I think just about everywhere has a drug problem these days. Of course this was the first thing I thought of when I read about Jose, though. I agree this story stinks. I hope I'm wrong and he is safe. :(

I did attempt to contact the msm source to see if there was an update but all I got was an error. Still trying to find something...anything on Jose Flores.

I'm worried on this one. Its a strange situation...

JOSE M FLORES
Missing Person - Endangered
image_serv
Date of Birth:01/21/1991
Date Missing:06/25/2017
Age Now:26
Sex:Male
Race:White
Hair Color:Black
Eye Color:Brown
Height:6 ft 01 in
Weight:168
Missing From:Ruidoso Downs, NM
MISSING: Jose M. Flores was last seen June 25, 2017 near Hale Lake in Ruidoso Downs, New Mexico. If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Jose M. Flores please contact the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office in Carrizozo at (575)648-2342.
BlkLogo_Small.gif
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT

New Mexico Department of Public Safety
1-800-457-3463

We came through there on Monday returning home from our daughter's home in Lubbock. There was a a huge Mescalero Apache event this last weekend. They have a rodeo, tents set up for sleeping, tents set up for food, drinks, etc. There was also another weekend of huge horse racing at the Downs. (not even close to the Apache events, it's like 15 miles apart or so east to west) And then the Inn of the Mountain Gods had some huge event for the weekend, and then on the 4th was supposed to be a huge 4th of July bash. (another 15 or so miles to the north)

And roughly 60 miles to the east is Roswell, which held their Alien Days events over the past weekend.

So I'm wondering if they were partying and something happened, so the friend made up a story.

ETA: I totally lost a week! I thought he went missing on the 1st and they searched on the 3rd. My apologies, but now I wonder if posters and family were out an about spreading the word.

So did they go out Saturday? He missed work on Sunday. The friend called someone on Monday, where had the friend been for two days? If you are searching for antlers, you don't become 'separated'.....And if I'm in the right area, this is not the middle of no where...there are houses around somewhat.

So did they go out Saturday? He missed work on Sunday. The friend called someone on Monday, where had the friend been for two days? If you are searching for antlers, you don't become 'separated'.....And if I'm in the right area, this is not the middle of no where...there are houses around somewhat.
I do believe it was Sat.

No updates....where is Jose?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member