876 users online (106 members and 770 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - Quhey Saunders, 20, beaten to death, Surrey, 26 June 2017 *Arrests*

This is awful....

• A man was battered to death with a shovel in front of his parents during a row about a parking space.
    • Witnesses said the 20-year-old, named locally as Quhey Saunders of Stanford-le-Hope, Essex, was left unconscious after a fight broke out between two groups of people when he pulled up at Cobham Services in Surrey.
    • He was airlifted to St George’s Hospital, Tooting, London, but was pronounced dead yesterday after the 'horrifying attack'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4lOXE4I72

Looks like it was his brothers wedding just 3 days before this happened. Also, there is reference to "RIP brother" in earlier posts, I hope that isn't another tragedy for this poor family. I just can't imagine.

Anyone know how Quhey is pronounced?

What on earth!!! ... my gp always gives me a cheery little 'glass half full' pep talk when I see him and tells me what a wonderful world we live in ... then I read things like this and I find it even harder to believe ....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

After a very quick bit of research ... I think there may be more to this than just 'a row over parking space' ...

Quote Originally Posted by mrazda71 View Post
    After a very quick bit of research ... I think there may be more to this than just 'a row over parking space' ...

Haven't read anything yet on the links. But what a dreadful fatal attack this seems. Whatever went before, nothing is excusable for causing death by such an attack.
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure, and never simple - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by jessie View Post
    Haven't read anything yet on the links. But what a dreadful fatal attack this seems. Whatever went before, nothing is excusable for causing death by such an attack.
    I wasn't suggesting it was in any way excusable ... if it sounded that way it wasn't my intention.

To be completely blunt. I have a suspicion that he's from an Irish Traveller family and my hunch is that this was no random incident and that he was an intended target OR he thought he could take on something that ultimately he couldn't.

I just don't think it was a simple road rage/argument gets out of hand thing ...

But, we shall see ...

I wondered too as it seemed to be on a petrol station forecourt, I suppose he could have nipped onto a pump by jumping the queue but it still doesn't quite seem to add up.

I am pronouncing it Queue-y but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Squamous View Post
    I wondered too as it seemed to be on a petrol station forecourt, I suppose he could have nipped onto a pump by jumping the queue but it still doesn't quite seem to add up.

I am pronouncing it Queue-y but who knows?
    I think his real name is Hughie.

A young member of a travelling family was bludgeoned to death with a shovel in front of his parents after a brutal fight on the forecourt of an M25 service station. The victim, named as 20-year-old Quhey Saunders, was a prominent member of the travelling community.

Both Surrey and Essex detectives are probing the likelihood the killing was the latest feud involving two members of the travelling community. The Daily Mail has learned the Saunders family have previously been involved in a long running dispute with another traveller family [the Dooleys]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4lPtNl6pH

Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Also, there is reference to "RIP brother" in earlier posts
    Self quoting with apologies - it wasn't "RIP brother", it was "miss you brother" with a broken heart emoji and I remembered it wrong. Said brother, Paul, is in jail for the machete attack mentioned in DM link

Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Cags, I'm not sure what 'MBFGF' means but ... I think I'd probably agree!

I thought the 'Big fat wedding ..... OOOOHHHH!!!! I think I get the MBFGF now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm American and unfamiliar with this travellers thing... The only reference I have are old fairy tales about "gypsies" and Brad Pitt's character in "Snatch." Is that the kinda thing we're talking about here?

I agree nobody deserves to see their child beaten to death in front of them... Also this sounds like a generational issue...sometimes people don't know there are other ways of life, or do but don't know how to leave the one they're in and enter one which is foreign to them and I wonder if they've been taught to fear the mainstream? Like I said I don't know about this lifestyle... Just trying to figure out why the lack of sympathy for human beings....
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast