Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: FL - Tammy Lynn Leppert, 18, Cocoa Beach, 6 July 1983

Suzanne, there's always hope... and you must know many people, with their hearts and prayers, hope with you.

ďOnce you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.Ē Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicRose99 For This Useful Post:

If any one see's someone that looks like this please let me know.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    .................Bumping
    Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them."
    ó Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper)

For you Tammy

Happy New Year Wish

My Happy New Year wish for you
    Is for your best year yet,
    A year where life is peaceful,
    And what you want, you get.
    A year in which you cherish
    The past yearís memories,
    And live your life each new day,
    Full of bright expectancies.
    I wish for you a holiday
    With happiness galore;
    And when itís done, I wish you
    Happy New Year, and many more.

By Joanna Fuchs

I will never quit looking for you.I've looked a long time.I do care very much for you.I just want to know if you are ok.I do not want to look for you dead any more.I want a year where life is peaceful.Where this all ends.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

John Brennan Crutchley

I wonder if this case might be related to the disappearance of Tammy Lynn Leppert?

----------------------------------------------
    Detectives hope to link skull to "vampire rapist"
    Written by:
    Christopher Collette
    8 October 2010

Malabar, Florida -- A reconstruction of a skull found in Malabar, enhanced by a forensic artist who added a face to it, has yet to yield the results cold case homicide agents hoped for.

Agents with the Brevard County Sheriff's Office think the reconstructed skull will not only lead to the dead woman's identity but also tie John B. Crutchley, the "Vampire Rapist" to a string of murders that occurred locally in the mid-1980s.

In May, agents released photographs of the enhanced skull but still have no leads.
    "We normally get two or three calls on something like this," Homicide Agent Sgt. Carlos Reyes said. "On this one, we did not."

Reyes said he received a call from another police agency on Florida's west coast investigating a disappearance, but it was determined quickly that it was not a match.
    Crutchley kidnapped and raped a young hitchhiker in 1985. Then, while she was tied up, he inserted a hypodermic needle into her arm and attached it to a hose leading to his mouth. On several occasions, while she was bound and gagged in his Malabar home, Crutchley drank her blood. He even poured some into a large glass and gulped it all down. The girl managed to escape, and Crutchley pleaded guilty to rape.

That's when he became known as the "Vampire Rapist."

Crutchley, who died in prison in 2002 while practicing autoerotic asphyxiation -- suffocating himself during sexual arousal -- was a suspect in several states in more than 30 homicides or missing women cases.

Even though six driver's licenses belonging to dead women were found in his desk at Harris Corp. where he worked, no murders could ever be linked to Crutchley.

Melbourne attorney Joe Mitchell, who represented Crutchley, said earlier this year that it was thought Crutchley drank his victim's blood until they died. He would then dismember the bodies and scatter the parts all over.

That would explain why investigators found partial skeletal remains of a half-dozen women in the wooded area of Malabar, where this skull was found in 1985.

DNA and other information was sent to a nationwide program at the University of North Texas, Reyes said, which eventually will become a massive database aimed at identifying remains. The Center for Human Identification works to generate anthropological and DNA profiles then searches all FBI DNA profiles to see whether there is a match.

Reyes said that process could take some time before yielding a result but still hopes he can help bring closure to the dead woman's family.

"Sometimes we win these things," he said. "Sometimes we don't."

John A. Torres, Florida Today

See photos at link below.

LINK:

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/crime...storyid=149917

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

The CBPD says John Brennen Crutchly has been ruled out as a suspect in my sisters disappearance.But I do think his unidentified Jane Doe possible victims need to be ruled out as Tammy through DNA.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Suzanne View Post
    The CBPD says John Brennen Crutchly has been ruled out as a suspect in my sisters disappearance.But I do think his unidentified Jane Doe possible victims need to be ruled out as Tammy through DNA.
    I think of you everytime they find someone .... *hugs*

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasCharm For This Useful Post:

Thank you.

We made this for Tammy a while ago.Please let me know what happened to her.Please let this all end where we know where she is.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mWsUIkaWCo&feature=g-upl"]Have you seen Tammy Lynn Leppert - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by Ms Suzanne; 04-26-2012 at 07:38 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

Well,I just received this email.Jane Doe found Saint Tammany Parish,Slidell Louisiana June 19 1986

Suzanne,
    I just received a letter from the DNA lab in North Texas with the results of the mitochondrial testing. The unidentified remains from our lab (case 03-35) are officially NOT your sister. I know you have been waiting a long time for this comparison to be complete and I’m sorry that we ultimately were not able to help you. Hopefully, you will get some answers one day.
    Helen

I am glad this is not my sister Tammy it gives me hope she is ok out there.I can't seem to find her alive and I can't seem to find her dead.I do look for her dead because I cannot and will not believe she would let me or other people look for her dead and ever be that selfish.I don't know where to look or what to do any more.But I won't give up on her.What if she really is dead out there and no one to find her and bring her home.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

Well,I just received this email.Jane Doe found Saint Tammany Parish,Slidell Louisiana June 19 1986

Suzanne,
    I just received a letter from the DNA lab in North Texas with the results of the mitochondrial testing. The unidentified remains from our lab (case 03-35) are officially NOT your sister. I know you have been waiting a long time for this comparison to be complete and Iím sorry that we ultimately were not able to help you. Hopefully, you will get some answers one day.
    Helen

I am glad this is not my sister Tammy it gives me hope she is ok out there.I can't seem to find her alive and I can't seem to find her dead.I do look for her dead because I cannot and will not believe she would let me or other people look for her dead and ever be that selfish.I don't know where to look or what to do any more.But I won't give up on her.What if she really is dead out there and no one to find her and bring her home.
    Suzanne,

Do you think their would be a chance that she could have changed her identity so she could escape the limelight for awhile? Would she actually put you and your family thru something like that?

I think of Tammy often. I remember watching the Unsolved Mysteries episode years ago with her story. It seemed like she had a good life, but maybe got mixed up with some wrong people?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

I don't know.

I don't know.
    What do your other siblings think happened? Whatever happened to Tammy, I know she is sure lucky that she has a sister like you that has never given up hope to find her.

Like I said in a few posts above, I think of Tammy's case often and all the hard work you have done trying to find her. Have you ever heard of Judy O'Donnell who has been missing from NY since 1980? her sister Maureen is one that I don't think will ever give up in finding her sister. God bless both of your families.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

No one knows.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

Just thinking about this case and trying to understand what was going on in Tammy's life back in 1983. She was quite accomplished and certainly extremely beautiful. Tammy's experience in modeling and acting was far beyond the "still waiting to be discovered' stage. She had the connections (through her Mom's agency) to get the best auditions, I would imagine. I don't think that she would have fallen for Wilder's tactics or needed his involvement in her career to be successful-I could be wrong, since her mom stated that Tammy and Wilder had met on a movie set. So there maybe a previous association that made Tammy comfortable with this monster. Once KR left her that day near the beach, she could have accepted a ride from Wilder (when she couldn't reach her aunt by phone) and never expected his motives.
    I do wonder what she and KR argued about that day - they were good friends, and friends have disputes, but what would have escalated to the degree that made a young man leave an 18 year old girl on the side of the road that day? What was KR's explanation? He left her on July 5th- she was reported missing on July 11th. What was going on during those 6 days - where did her family think she was? I have read in other on line sites that Tammy was seen with KR after July 5th. Is there any truth to that?
    If these questions have been answered before, please forgive me. I hope this case is solved and Tammy's whereabouts are discovered for this family.
    A few things to know about Louisiana:

1) Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2 )There are 5,000 types of snakes, and 4,998 live in Louisiana.
    3 )There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in Louisiana, plus a couple that nobody has seen before.
    4) Squirrels and crawfish will eat anything.
    5) Unknown critters love to dig holes under tomato plants.
    6) Raccoons will test your crop of melons and let you know when they are ripe.
    7) Festivals are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect/animal or profession.
    8) It's not a "garden hose," it is a "hose pipe."
    9) A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola, or pop...it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example: "What kinna coke you want?"
    10) It is not a "shopping cart", it is a "buggy."
    11) Fire ants float in a flood ... beware.
    12) People actually grow and eat okra.
    13) "Fixinto" is one word, as in "I'm fixinto go to Cannata's"
    14) There ain't no such thing as "lunch." There's "dinner" and then there's "supper."
    15) Sweet tea is appropriate for all meals, and you start drinking it when you're two.
    16) Backwards and forwards" means, "I know everything about you."
    17) "Jeet?" is actually a phrase meaning "Did you eat?"
    18) You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
    19) Fried catfish is "the other white meat"
    20) Distances are measured in minutes, not miles.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nola For This Useful Post:

I never heard KR was seen with Tammy after the 6th from anyone out here.He left her July 6th.May I please ask where are you hearing this and what are they saying?
    Last edited by Ms Suzanne; 05-12-2012 at 10:02 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

I never heard KR was seen with Tammy after the 6th from anyone out here.He left her July 6th.May I please ask where are you hearing this and what are they saying?
    I'm not sure if this is what nola was referring to but on this youtube video of Tammy's Unsolved Mysteries episode someone is claiming they saw Tammy after July 6th with Keith. I don't really know if you can believe this though as anyone can make claims on the internet but I've seen this person thr33s3as make claims on another site. Someone else has commented on the video to say they married Keith. I don't know if you were able to follow up on any of these comments Suzanne, and wish you the best in continuing your search

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=DS2O_lSMV_8

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ctaylor For This Useful Post:

Thank you.This particular person the police are not for and says he does not know anything about Tammy.He may or may not have met her once.The CBPD and FDLE are disgusted with him and say he is no friend of Tammy.They will back up what I say.He hears things.Then puts himself in the story.He has been reported to the police many times.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

Hey Suzanne-
    I did see this comment a few times on the youtube site. The remarks were made by the same poster, thr33s3as. The comments made by that poster were pretty inflammatory- I doubted their validity, but wanted your view. Anyhow, as I read through the many postings on that site I wanted to find out if any family member believed that Tammy had been seen following that July 6th (sorry about my error with the date earlier) day when KR left her in Cocoa Beach.
    Since there is evidence (phone messages to her aunt) that day - I guess that is why KR's account was deemed credible? That leads me to ask if the location where she made those calls to your/her aunt was ever identified? And if so, did LE investigate to see what other numbers were dialed from that same phone immediately before, between and after these calls to see who Tammy may have called for a ride?

Thanks again Suzanne for your comments to my questions. I appreciate your patience and so respect you for your dedication to your sister.

3 )There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in Louisiana, plus a couple that nobody has seen before.
    7) Festivals are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect/animal or profession.
    9) A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola, or pop...it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example: "What kinna coke you want?"
    14) There ain't no such thing as "lunch." There's "dinner" and then there's "supper."
    15) Sweet tea is appropriate for all meals, and you start drinking it when you're two.
    18) You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nola For This Useful Post:

Know one knows.The police know all this and have looked into this.I really don't discuss her case a lot any more because the police do not like a lot of discussions on it any more.I just let the CBPD and FDLE handle her case and if people know something to please call them.They will handle it.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

My gut keeps telling me that Tammy may be in the Witness Protection Program. I do know that LE says, no. BUT would they ever say, yes? Here are my reasons why:
    1. Tammy told several people that she saw something that put her life in danger (something about money laundering).
    2. Her personality changed drastically overnight without any medical/mental explanation. I believe she was truly terrified.
    3. Her mom sought out every support system/resource for Tammy, 72 hour mental health evaluation and even taking her to LE to get on record what she saw and why she felt threatened. Yet, police have no record of her visit to them -the detective, when asked, said he barely remembered her (Tammy was breathtaking - any man would remember her- and let's say he didn't remember her right away, he would be reminded of her once she is reported missing). He then gave a totally different reason why Tammy came in that day (stolen property). Stolen property may have been a part of Tammy's concern - at least one person who knew Tammy says that she had planned to confront someone about stolen property and feared their response, right? The detective's explanation could have touched on the truth, but only slightly. If she did report stolen property, would that too be a motive for someone to keep her quiet? Wouldn't that report become important in the search for Tammy?
    4. Early dismissal by LE that Tammy wanted to leave home/family - she was tagged as a runaway - no search was necessary. I know that this was the norm for the time, but this girl had a promising career with plans to travel to CA soon, and had been frightened about her safety - seems possible that LE knew more about this case than they say.
    5. Little LE follow up and quick elimination of involvement of people who saw Tammy last. Both KR and Mr Adams both indicate (Unsolved Mysteries) that they were not questioned as they thought the circumstance might require.
    6. Tammy told Mr Adams on July 5th that she might be going away for a while...
    [7. Removed via edit by nola]
    8. People in high places in FL government were indicted in late 1983 on money- laundering charges.

I think that Tammy's life was in danger. If a person is part of the witness protection program, is it safe for LE to reveal a person's participation? I don't think that's how the program works.

I am hopeful that Tammy is safe and living her life with a new identity somewhere. This is sad for her and her family, but a better ending than the alternative.
    Of course, I am only expressing my opinion. But I hope that one day (if this is the case) that the threat will be resolved and Tammy could reconnect with her family.
    Last edited by nola; 05-14-2012 at 03:32 PM.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nola For This Useful Post:

They believed very strongly Tammy ran away at first and did for a very long time.That's exactly why they did not look for her.The police do not like rude people discussing the case and bashing each other is what I meant.I believe Detective Cooper with the CBPD is doing everything he can to find her.I believe he is a good police officer.I respect him and I'm letting him and the FDLE do their investigation.I'm not going to do a lot of discussion on her any more.I'll just keep her picture and information out there so if anyone knows where she is or what happened to her they can call the police.
    Last edited by Ms Suzanne; 05-14-2012 at 03:36 PM.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

If anyone can please do an age progression picture like of Tammy of the pictures of Tammy already out there.Please send them to me.

Suzanne, my heart goes out to you, I really hope you find closure in Tammy's case. I have a question for you, maybe you can answer it for me. I went to imdb to look at the credits for the movies Tammy played a part in, but she is never listed for the movie Spring Break or Scarface, was she using a different name? It is my understanding that she played a small role in both movies? Perhaps that is why under cast she is not listed?

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozzie For This Useful Post:

I wanted to add something else to my question with another question. I know Tammy disappeared in 1983, however, since apparently she was dropped off near a bank or at a bank parking lot, was there surviellance video of the bank's parking lot? Obviously, quality would not have been good but was there ever any surviellance footage of the bank parking lot? Or at that intersection? If there was, was there anything on there?

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozzie For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast