"Lucky" Cat

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SSOULA, Montana (AP) -- If cats have nine lives, a kitty in Montana has definitely used one up.

A house cat survived being locked in a cage, thrown off a bridge and then stranded in an icy puddle of river slush.

The ordeal ended Tuesday morning when a pair of passers-by spotted the calico cat while crossing a footbridge and called for help.

Missoula firefighters arrived minutes later, donned wet suits and launched a rescue boat.

Someone had put the animal in a cage, along with a rock weighing about 16 pounds, and tossed it into the Clark Fork River. But instead of landing in the water, it bounced several times on the ice and then became stuck.

It's unclear how long the cat had been there.

Firefighters took it back to the fire station, dried it off and fed it leftover Christmas turkey and a dish of milk.

\
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/29/cat.rescue.ap/index.html

I wish they would hunt down the sick bast**d that tried to drown little Lucky. All they had to do was take her to a shelter or call a kitty rescue agency if they didn't want her.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if they could at leadt fingerprint the cage and see if it matches anything on file. The person even could have just dumped the cat ( I'm not condoning dumping animals), it would have had a chance of being picked up by someone at least.

I hope they find this idiot - this kind of desire to destroy or torture an animal doesn't usually stop with animals.

I'm sure they'll have some good homes for that cat, if the firemen can't keep it. Such a sweet cat (almost all of them are).

Firefighter Josh Macrow decided to keep the cat. After his shift, he took it to a veterinarian and then home to his 12-year-old daughter.

"It's the sweetest cat," Macrow said. "It sits on your shoulder when you drive down the road, and it curled up with my black Labs this morning."

Sounds like she got a good home after all. The kitty even slept with the dogs in her new home. How could anybody want to hurt such a nice cat? :(

Jeana (DP) said:
SSOULA, Montana (AP) -- If cats have nine lives, a kitty in Montana has definitely used one up.

A house cat survived being locked in a cage, thrown off a bridge and then stranded in an icy puddle of river slush.

The ordeal ended Tuesday morning when a pair of passers-by spotted the calico cat while crossing a footbridge and called for help.

Missoula firefighters arrived minutes later, donned wet suits and launched a rescue boat.

Someone had put the animal in a cage, along with a rock weighing about 16 pounds, and tossed it into the Clark Fork River. But instead of landing in the water, it bounced several times on the ice and then became stuck.

It's unclear how long the cat had been there.

Firefighters took it back to the fire station, dried it off and fed it leftover Christmas turkey and a dish of milk.

\
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/29/cat.rescue.ap/index.html
Cat abuse is something that makes me particularly mad. How can people do things like this?

Cats rule- OK!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back