764 users online (155 members and 609 guests)  

Websleuths News

Redirects

I can't use WS via mobile anymore, it's unusable. If I don't get redirected while posting this, I'll be surprised!

Was interrupted by redirects twice getting here to report the first one, ugh. Screenshot_2017-06-29-20-14-35.jpg

Shot of the second one, I was trying to navigate to this forum.
    http://yhojw.net/c1?ref=&browser=Chr...id=aol_308950#
    Screenshot_2017-06-29-20-26-29.jpg

I am getting that redirect all the time when I use my tablet. I don't have that problem when I use my PC.

Last edited by mrsobrien; 06-30-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulamith View Post
    I am getting that redirect all the time when I use my tablet. I don't have that problem when I use my PC.
    Same. My issue is solely when I'm on my phone. :-/ I've tried cleaning out unnecessary apps from it and updating. I don't know what to do.

Hi All,

I've got an idea how we can try to catch the annoying mobile redirects. There's an iOS browser in the app store called HttpWatch it's very expensive, so just download HttpWatch Basic.

The browser can record network requests, so if you get redirected, you can see which ad initiated the redirect or just share the log here.

Here's a link to the basic (free) version of the app: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id658886056

Happy hunting!

Best,
    L

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    I've had the same problem on my iPad but I downloaded the free ad blocker in the App Store and it has solved the issue.
    Fair enough

Could you please just tell me if your location really is Scotland? I don't mean to pry, just want to find out if the redirecting campaign has expanded it's geo targeting to include European countries as well. The one redirecting to something.top/amz or something.top/walmart used to only be aimed at the US.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by adquality View Post
    Fair enough

Could you please just tell me if your location really is Scotland? I don't mean to pry, just want to find out if the redirecting campaign has expanded it's geo targeting to include European countries as well. The one redirecting to something.top/amz or something.top/walmart used to only be aimed at the US.
    I have no idea. I apologize.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.
    For a more detail explanation of why Websleuths is asking for your help CLICK HERE

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    I am going to close this thread.

We have a thread were we ask you to provide us with certain pieces of information.

If no one provides this information then we can't find the ads that are popping up or redirecting.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d-Sluggishness

Above is the thread with the instructions.

Please email me if you have any questions.

Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.
    For a more detail explanation of why Websleuths is asking for your help CLICK HERE