AL AL - Kristi 'Nikki' Sharritt, Phenix City, June 2014

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Sister of Kristi Sharritt files missing persons report

5955644dda43d.image.jpg

Human remains found in September 2015 were positively identified as belonging to a Phenix City man earlier this week, and relatives now have filed an official missing persons report for his wife.

The sister of Kristi Nicole Sharritt filed a report with the Phenix City Police Department on Tuesday, Capt. George Staudinger confirmed Thursday. She also provided investigators with a photo of the missing woman and said she has not seen her since June 2014, according to the official report.

Sharritt’s husband, Jeffery Michael Sharritt, had been missing since late July 2014, but no report was filed for him, Lee County Sheriff Jay Jones said. When Jeffery Sharritt’s bones were identified this week, detectives tried to locate relatives.

“(Lee County) Capt. Van Jackson and his investigators talked to them and found family members had not heard from Kristi either,” Staudinger said. “I asked if the family would come to us and officially report her missing.

“It’s kind of unusual that they’ve been missing for so long,” continued Staudinger, who described the couple’s relationship with relatives as “strange.” He said that most family members of Kristi Sharritt, whose maiden name was Vance, live in Florida and were not in frequent contact with her.
http://www.oanow.com/news/local/sis...cle_0814b75e-5d0a-11e7-9e22-7b439540a681.html

Family of missing Lee County woman seeks answers

Sharritt’s daughter, Desi Rae Vance told News Three she and other family members were shocked to learn the remains were identified as her stepfather’s because they thought he was invincible. She said the past three years have been very tough. The last memory she has of her mother, Kristi, is telling her that she would be a grandmother.

“It’s hard because a lot of things have happened since I have talked to her last, and most girls have their mom,” Vance said. “They can run to them and talk to them and get the advice they need, and me not knowing where she is or how to contact her, I can’t do that. It’s a missing relationship with my mom right now.”

The Lee County Sheriff’s Office is leading the murder investigation of Jeffery Sharritt, and the Phenix City Police Department is leading the missing persons investigation with the sheriff’s office assisting.

“This is truly a mystery, It is very, very important for us to locate Mrs. Sharritt,” Capt. Van Jackson. “We’re going to spend and exhaust every measure to locate her because I think she is the key to finding some more details to determine what and how Jeffrey, her husband, met his fate.”
http://wrbl.com/2017/06/29/family-of-missing-lee-county-woman-seeks-answers/

Jeffery Sharrit's identified thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ek-Sep-15-Jeffery-Sharritt&highlight=Sharritt

She goes by Nikki it seems.

Jeff Facebook can be found through hers. I did see something that could be suspect around the beginning of July 2014 but I will just watch and see.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

This is interesting. Curious why her daughter hadn't reported her missing years earlier.

I'm assuming when family couldn't reach either of them that they just assumed they went off with each other?

What indicates this to be a murder instead of accident or something?

This is interesting. Curious why her daughter hadn't reported her missing years earlier.

I'm assuming when family couldn't reach either of them that they just assumed they went off with each other?

What indicates this to be a murder instead of accident or something?

Her husband died from a gunshot wound according to the sheriff. It's in the other thread.

ETA: Here's an article about COD (before he was identified): http://www.al.com/news/montgomery/index.ssf/2015/09/skeletal_remains_found_in_lee.html

Oh interesting! I didn't know you could determine gunshot wounds from skeleton remains. I'm guessing there was a bullet in a bone or something? Interesting. And that article was back in 2015.

I don't think they released where the gun shot wound was but I'm guessing maybe it was in the skull and in a place/angle where it would be impossible to be suicide-- like the back or something. JMO.

“It’s kind of unusual that they’ve been missing for so long,” continued Staudinger, who described the couple’s relationship with relatives as “strained.” He said that most family members of Kristi Sharritt, whose maiden name was Vance, live in Florida and were not in frequent contact with her.

The Phenix City Police Department had its first contact with Kristi Sharritt in 2007, so she had been living in Alabama at least since then, Staudinger said. He added that Jeffery Sharritt has relatives in Lee County and that police have “had interaction with him going back to 1995.”

Jones confirmed that at the time of Jeffery Sharritt’s disappearance, he had outstanding warrants for property crimes.

At the time the couple was last seen in summer 2014, they resided in the Russell County side of Phenix City.
http://www.oanow.com/news/local/sis...cle_0814b75e-5d0a-11e7-9e22-7b439540a681.html

It's been quite some time since the last post here. Does anyone know if there are any updates?

This was in July 2017:
[h=3]Deputies find nothing in search for missing Phenix City woman's remains[/h]
LEE COUNTY, AL (WTVM) - The Lee County Sheriff's Office and the Phenix City Department was searching property in Ladonia for the remains of a missing Phenix City woman Tuesday morning.

After the search, officials did not find anything in connection to the remains of Kristi Sharritt.

Sharritt, the wife of Jeffrey Sharrit whose remains were found in Salem, AL in 2015, was last seen in July 2014, according to her family members. His case is being treated as a homicide.

"We did some checking to see where they lived,” said Captain George Staudinger, with the Phenix City Police Department.
That search led investigators to 47 Davis Circle, the property empty now after a trailer caught fire years ago.
"We brought the cadaver dogs out to see if there were any areas they alerted to,” said Captain Staudinger.
The K-9 units found nothing of interest during their search. Crews then moved to a well on the property using cameras to go inside under the water searching for clues and neither search gave the officers additional information as to what may have happened.
http://www.wtvm.com/story/35855382/...search-for-missing-phenix-city-womans-remains

I'm not seeing anything more recent.

September 25, 2018 08:34 PM

At least five investigators from the Lee County Sheriff’s Office served a search warrant on Davis Circle in Phenix City Tuesday in connection with an ongoing investigation in the 2015 death of Jeffery Michael Sharritt.

Investigators were at the location for most of the morning with assistance from the Phenix City Police Department.

Jones said Phenix City police are running a parallel investigation into the disappearance of 39-year-old Kristi Nicole Sharritt. She was reported missing to authorities in July 2017. “ Mrs. Sharritt has not been seen in quite some time,” the sheriff said.

Read more here: Lee County authorities conduct search on Davis Circle in death of Phenix City man

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back