effects on parents of missing children

Doyle

Reaction score
Website
www.
First, there's panic. Then come the frantic phone calls, search parties, photocopied flyers and the clothing for the police dogs to sniff.

Then comes the wait. And then, there's the silence. In the hours and days after a child is reported missing in Canada, the parents are caught in a whirlwind of search activity involving friends, family, police and media attention.
http://www.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2003/12/25/296736-cp.html

Thanks, Doyle

For anyone wanting an inside view of what the parent feels, please read Robert Cooke's journal for his missing daughter Rachel at

http://rachelcookesearch.org/

Click on Journal, in the upper right hand corner.
There is a reason I pasted the whole link, btw.

He is changing apathy to empathy.
Praying for answers, and soon, Lanie

I just visited Rachael's web site - such a beautiful young woman, so full of life. I did not realize that she disappeared at 11:00 a.m. within yards of her home. Combine this with the disappearance of Dru Sjodin at 5:00 p.m. from a local shopping mall, and it plainly shows that perps are not just night stalkers. Women need to be observant and careful at all times and at all places. In fact, women need to be almost paranoid anymore. Has the world changed so much, have there always been so many stalkers, or is it the fact that these individuals cannot be confined to mental institutions unless certain conditions are met?

Trino, it is not just females and female children that need to be aware. Men and boys also need to be aware of what is going on. A lot of men are abducted, too. I can refer you to many sites that show this, day or night, we must always be aware, and know how to protect ourselves.

Fear is the absence of knowledge, educate yourselves, please. There is no shame in going out with friends, or asking someone to walk you to your car, even if you are a man. I would rather be blushing, than to be abducted.

There is safety in numbers. If you have any questions, I can direct you to more resources. God bless you, Trino.

You're right about guys. A colleague of mine was getting ready for work at 5:30 a.m. There was a rapping on her bathroom window by a young man. He asked her to call the police. He had been abducted, did not at all know the abductor, was able to get out of his car when the guy fell asleep. The police were able to get there in time to arrest the abductor. The guy had made the victim withdraw money from ATM machines. If he hadn't managed to get away, things may have turned out differently.

I can't even think of what that would do to me! Thats why I walk the kid's to and from School everyday! I don't have Kids of my own, but I brought these kids up, mostly from babysitting while mom & dad work!

I don't even like to walk down the street my self alone, But I do it everyday, I have had some training so it might help! But to see what these Mom & dad go though its like everything is going in slow motion! and it seem like for ever that they get some infomation!
God Bless everyone who has to go thought that! Your all in my prayers!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back