1417 users online (250 members and 1167 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    702

    AR - Sophia, 2, & Zane Welborn, 6 mos, drowned in pond, Paron, 28 June 2017 *Arrests*

    Two Children Dead After Missing Truck Found in Pond, Alleged Suspects Arrested

    According to the Saline County Sheriff's Office, deputies were called to the 16000 block of Highway 298 in Paron late Wednesday night about a missing truck with two children inside. While heading towards the call, dispatchers notified deputies that the truck was found inside a pond close to the address.

    Two young children, a 2-year-old and a 6-month-old, were found at the location and emergency treatment immediately began. Both of the children later died due to their injuries.


    http://www.thv11.com/mb/news/local/t...sted/453037258

    Just when you think you couldn't possibly hear one more shocking and devastating story involving very small children, some losers manage to dig down to a whole different level you never thought existed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    U2forever's Avatar
    U2forever is offline You're the best thing about me. I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aiken, SC/Augusta, GA
    Posts
    1,852
    Quote Originally Posted by policyoftruth501 View Post
    Two Children Dead After Missing Truck Found in Pond, Alleged Suspects Arrested

    According to the Saline County Sheriff's Office, deputies were called to the 16000 block of Highway 298 in Paron late Wednesday night about a missing truck with two children inside. While heading towards the call, dispatchers notified deputies that the truck was found inside a pond close to the address.

    Two young children, a 2-year-old and a 6-month-old, were found at the location and emergency treatment immediately began. Both of the children later died due to their injuries.


    http://www.thv11.com/mb/news/local/t...sted/453037258

    Just when you think you couldn't possibly hear one more shocking and devastating story involving very small children, some losers manage to dig down to a whole different level you never thought existed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BBM

    Policyoftruth, you took the words right out of my head.
    I'm off to read the article and also bracing myself.

    The two babies died after being treated for their injuries.
    Do I really want to know what their injuries were? Unfortunately I do want to know, so I can fantasize what I want to do with these two losers before auctioning them off to General Population at their favorite prison.

    Godspeed, sweet innocents
    Last edited by U2forever; 06-30-2017 at 07:41 AM. Reason: wording

    eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 May 28 aTLANTA


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,437
    RIP, little ones! Many of would have loved to love you....

    Auntie Laughing

  4. #4
    U2forever's Avatar
    U2forever is offline You're the best thing about me. I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aiken, SC/Augusta, GA
    Posts
    1,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post
    RIP, little ones! Many of would have loved to love you....

    Auntie Laughing
    Yes, Auntie laughing, so many couples are unable to bear children of their own and have to live childless, while rampant child abuse soars and parents murder their babies every day.

    These babies deserved to live their life, thrive, grow up and be happy. What happened to that?
    It's to bad and way too sad the lives of innocent children don't matter until it's too late.

    eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 May 28 aTLANTA


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by U2forever View Post
    BBM

    Policyoftruth, you took the words right out of my head.
    I'm off to read the article and also bracing myself.

    The two babies died after being treated for their injuries.
    Do I really want to know what their injuries were? Unfortunately I do want to know, so I can fantasize what I want to do with these two losers before auctioning them off to General Population at their favorite prison.

    Godspeed, sweet innocents
    Judging from the pictures of the man and woman I'm gonna take a crazy risk and say there's probably a good chance drugs are involved. I'm ashamed this happened less than 30 minutes from where I live, but I shouldn't be - in a way it's more personal when it happens in your community or a community extremely close.

    We always think this happens somewhere else, but it happens everywhere. Just a couple of weeks ago this happened to 2 kids in Texas who were almost the exact same age, and their deaths (oddly enough, also in a car) turned out to be because of partying.

    I'll never understand why these people who clearly either don't want their children and/or see their children as a burden don't just give them up for adoption. I hope the local news here will continue to keep this story updated.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,390
    Sweet babies....I can't think of a punishment tough enough for this one.

    Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde


    In my opinion....speculation

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,372
    Do we know that these are their own children? If so, I wonder who called to report a truck stolen with two children inside.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    702

    AR - 2-year old & 6-month old found dead in pond, Paron, June 28, 2017

    There's already been an update to the story:

    http://katv.com/news/local/parents-o...ppear-in-court

    This just physically, mentally, and emotionally makes me sick. It's even harder knowing those *#$&?!'s are in the county jail - less than 5 minutes from my house. I wish I had known they were being arraigned today - the court is just a little over 5 minutes from my house.

    Another case of parents killing their very small children. I'm guessing, from what's reported in the story, that the "missing truck" was some type of coverup attempt by the parents who were really trying to hide what they had done to the children. This is looking like South Carolina and Susan Smith all over again except this time it's both parents.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by policyoftruth501; 06-30-2017 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Grammar

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    446
    RIP little ones. you now know what is like to be loved by god and that justice will be done right by you.
    Find Haleigh, Maddie, Diana,
    Find Lindsey, Pearll, Kyron


    Today's forecast; severe attitude warnings possible throughout the day, scattered sarcasm showers, and a strong chance of annoyance later in the day...

    Well butter my biscuit and call me darling , I'm just a hot mess !!! I'm not worried thou because I come from a strong line of lunatic's..





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by policyoftruth501 View Post

    a little over 5 minutes from my house.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Policy of Truth, if this isn't a trigger or a stressor for you, could you keep us informed of funeral/memorial service plans?

    TY, Laughing



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post
    Policy of Truth, if this isn't a trigger or a stressor for you, could you keep us informed of funeral/memorial service plans?

    TY, Laughing

    No triggers, just utter disgust. Will continue to post any updates from local MSM. Might take a little while for a funeral if they sent the children to the state crime lab.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    702
    Local news report on the 10:00 news stated the parents did not enter pleas in court today. Their next court date is August 8.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by U2forever View Post
    Yes, Auntie laughing, so many couples are unable to bear children of their own and have to live childless, while rampant child abuse soars and parents murder their babies every day.

    These babies deserved to live their life, thrive, grow up and be happy. What happened to that?
    It's to bad and way too sad the lives of innocent children don't matter until it's too late.
    This. Why do these types simply not just give their children up? I think we should make it easier for bad parents to surrender their kids without always assuming 'parents are best', because all too often, parents are the worst.

    Is it because they don't want to have to pay child support to whoever takes custody? they think they won't get caught and it means they won't ever have to pay a cent and might even get a bit of coin via a GFM or something.

    I can't think of any other alternative other than pure evil, but I think it's often more just ultimate selfishness and self-centredness than genuine evil.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,829
    This story just gets worse.
    His charges have been upgraded to two counts of negligent homicide.

    "In this morning's bond hearing, the Saline County Sheriff told the judge that Welborn had admitted to taking meth that day. He says Hairston admitted they were under the influence of something and said they gone to a friend's house that day and left the kids in the truck. Once it got dark, they went back outside and realized the truck was gone.

    The sheriff told a different story. He said in court that a witness reported seeing Welborn in the truck as it was going down the hill and towards the pond and said Welborn hopped out of the truck before it landed in the pond.

    The sheriff and prosecutors tell us they are still working out exactly what happened. "

    http://www.fox16.com/news/local-news...aths/753909412
    Last edited by everybodhi; 07-01-2017 at 01:07 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,829
    More details at the court hearing show why his charges were increased to negligent homicide, I'm not sure about the "negligent" part, it seems intentional.
    The detective said they were on meth.
    Looking at the address of the house on Google street view, The house looks so bad I think it may be gutted but there are several campers around that look more like where human beings may live.


    "The children were reportedly in car seats, but were not clothed, according to SCSO Detective Jason Ballard.
    ...
    Ballard said Welborn was waiting for Hairston in the vehicle.
    ...
    The witness also stated that she saw brake lights engage before the driver reversed the truck, crossing the highway, prior to quickly rolling down a hill.
    ...
    "(The truck) was moving," the witness stated while describing the speed of the vehicle.
    ...
    Ballard said there was no sign of braking prior to the vehicle coming to a rest in a nearby pond.
    ...
    When deputies arrived at about 10 p.m., Welborn was standing near the pond.

    https://www.bentoncourier.com/conten...nfant-bond-set

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Safe TX - Sophia Casso, 11, Corpus Christi, 23 June 2017
    By liltexans in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-24-2017, 12:33 AM
  2. GUILTY WI - Sean Flowers, 3 mos, drowned in pond, Milwaukee, 30 July 2016
    By KayElJay in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-17-2017, 09:20 PM
  3. NC - Calista Lassiter, 3, thrown in pond, drowned, Durham, 20 Sept 2015
    By cuffem in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-06-2016, 02:31 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 02:07 PM
  5. IN - Chesney Allen, 5, drowned in pond, Indianapolis, 19 April 2010
    By Lucy's mom in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 07:42 PM

Tags for this Thread