Bond Street House

Desilu

Reaction score
So what are your opinions on why Darin went to look at the screens on Bond Street? I haven't a clue why in the world he would find the need to do this.

17 Q. And yet, when you went over there to
18 Corrine Wells on December the 3rd of 1996, you went there
19 for the purpose of seeing whether you had cut screens on
20 your old house there at Bond, didn't you?
21 A. Yes, sir, I did.
22 Q. So you were trying at that time,
23 weren't you, Mr. Routier, to come up with some feasible
24 story to tell this jury, as to how that window screen got
25 cut that evening, weren't you?

1 A. No, sir, I was just very interested.
2 Q. You were just curious?
3 A. I was very curious.
4 Q. Very curious about whether the screens
5 were cut over there on Bond Street?
6 A. Yes, sir.
7 Q. The house that you haven't lived in in
8 three years?
9 A. Yes, sir.
http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/volumes/vol-42.php#4

Such a lame answer, I wish he would have pressed harder on that.

Desilu said:
17 Q. And yet, when you went over there to
18 Corrine Wells on December the 3rd of 1996, you went there
19 for the purpose of seeing whether you had cut screens on
20 your old house there at Bond, didn't you?
21 A. Yes, sir, I did.
22 Q. So you were trying at that time,
23 weren't you, Mr. Routier, to come up with some feasible
24 story to tell this jury, as to how that window screen got
25 cut that evening, weren't you?

1 A. No, sir, I was just very interested.
2 Q. You were just curious?
3 A. I was very curious.
4 Q. Very curious about whether the screens
5 were cut over there on Bond Street?
6 A. Yes, sir.
7 Q. The house that you haven't lived in in
8 three years?
9 A. Yes, sir.
http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/volumes/vol-42.php#4

Such a lame answer, I wish he would have pressed harder on that.
I agree. It is one of the things that makes me think he might have cut the screen. That and some of the things he said to the woman who lived there. It almost seemed like he was trying to incriminate Darlie. My guess is that he was scared and wanted to make sure there was nothing there that could connect him to the cut on the screen at Eagle Drive...like maybe a T-cut in a screen that was maybe mended but never replaced. Or maybe he wanted to make sure a certain screen had been replaced for some similar or unknown reason.

The other alternative is that he really did not participate in the killings or the staging, and wanted to see if Darlie had left any incriminating evidence behind on Bond Street,either because he wanted to protect her (which is doubtful due to the nature of his comments while there) or he just wanted to see for himself if maybe she had done it and thought something there would prove it to him.

Sometimes I think Darin may have been trying to implicate Darlie and other times I just think he is a giant dumbass who just loved to talk. Especially telling the neighbor that Darlie could have run that sock down the alley in 27 seconds, and that the sock came from their house.

I was re-reading his testimony yesterday and he just comes off as a complete liar. Especially with the testimony about the CPS lady, that was just a complete mess.

Desilu said:
Sometimes I think Darin may have been trying to implicate Darlie and other times I just think he is a giant dumbass who just loved to talk. Especially telling the neighbor that Darlie could have run that sock down the alley in 27 seconds, and that the sock came from their house.

I was re-reading his testimony yesterday and he just comes off as a complete liar. Especially with the testimony about the CPS lady, that was just a complete mess.
I think Darin is like Darlie in that he runs on at the mouth. They both talked too much without an attorney. She ran on too much in her letters from jail, they both like to hear themselves talk and be the center of attention. I don't think he's trying to implicate Darlie by saying that about the sock. It might have been a slip or he might have been quoting Babara Davis who ran the path and back to see how long it took.
Have you seen the Leeza show on Darlie's website? Leeza starts out by saying that Devon was stabbed so hard the knife went all the way through him and nicked the subflooring. He actually nodded and agreed with her. This is a Barbaraism that is simply not true. So he's either a liar or a doofus or both.

Goody said:
I agree. It is one of the things that makes me think he might have cut the screen. That and some of the things he said to the woman who lived there. It almost seemed like he was trying to incriminate Darlie. My guess is that he was scared and wanted to make sure there was nothing there that could connect him to the cut on the screen at Eagle Drive...like maybe a T-cut in a screen that was maybe mended but never replaced. Or maybe he wanted to make sure a certain screen had been replaced for some similar or unknown reason.

The other alternative is that he really did not participate in the killings or the staging, and wanted to see if Darlie had left any incriminating evidence behind on Bond Street,either because he wanted to protect her (which is doubtful due to the nature of his comments while there) or he just wanted to see for himself if maybe she had done it and thought something there would prove it to him.
Wasn't there some talk of the boys climbing in through the window to get popsicles from the freezers? And was there a cut screen on Bond Street? Who found out about this?
A thought: suppose he went over to cut the screen so he could say that about the popsicles? It's a very dumb move, but we're talking about Darin here.

beesy said:
A thought: suppose he went over to cut the screen so he could say that about the popsicles? It's a very dumb move, but we're talking about Darin here.
I could almost go with you on that if it hadn't been three years since they lived there. I just really can't come up with a good reason why he would go to a home they haven't lived in in years to look at the screens. There has got to be something significant about it, but for the life I me I just don't what it could be.

Desilu said:
I could almost go with you on that if it hadn't been three years since they lived there. I just really can't come up with a good reason why he would go to a home they haven't lived in in years to look at the screens. There has got to be something significant about it, but for the life I me I just don't what it could be.
maybe because he's a dumb butt?

Desilu said:
I'm with you on this one. Something is wrong here. Don't know what.

Desilu said:
Well, going over there 3 years later for any reason makes no sense. We're talking about Darin here. Cutting the screen makes as much sense as anything else that Darin does.
Did the current owner report that Darin went over there?

beesy said:
Well, going over there 3 years later for any reason makes no sense. We're talking about Darin here. Cutting the screen makes as much sense as anything else that Darin does.
Oh, I want to know that also. Wonder what the numbnut said to her when he got there.

OK, I have a theory - - sometimes when your life is turned upside down you try and go back to a place of "comfort", a place that held good thoughts and feelings; just to try and make sense of the horrid event that turned your life upside down. I wonder if life was better at the Bond St house and Darin simply went there to try and relive or bring back that feeling. jmho
raven

ravenmad said:
OK, I have a theory - - sometimes when your life is turned upside down you try and go back to a place of "comfort", a place that held good thoughts and feelings; just to try and make sense of the horrid event that turned your life upside down. I wonder if life was better at the Bond St house and Darin simply went there to try and relive or bring back that feeling. jmho
raven
Yeah and while he was there, he decides to sit down and have a loooong chat with the current resident, who just happens to be a DHS worker, and implicates Darlie in every other word. Nobody is that dumb. I think even Forrest Gump could figure that out to be very ill advised.

beesy said:
Well, Beesy, today your brain is on vacation because the DA asked Darin all about this little trip to Bond St. He denied most of what was reported but I doubt if anyone believed him. I think he was scared of being implicated in the trial and the why he did what he did,said what he did had everything to do with that.

deandaniellws said:
Oh, I want to know that also. Wonder what the numbnut said to her when he got there.
According to the DA, he said all kinds of things....that Darlie could make the run for the sock drop in 27 seconds, that a 300 pound man had attacked her and something about her *advertiser censored*, I believe. It is in Darin's trial testimony, the cross or recross by the state.

beesy said:
maybe because he's a dumb butt?
Darin is not dumb. He just lacks self discipline and talks to much, probably because he likes to be the center of attention as much as Darlie did. Maybe even more if the truth be known. Darin has just learned to use the country boy bumpkin to his advantage, esp in this case.

beesy said:
Wasn't there some talk of the boys climbing in through the window to get popsicles from the freezers? And was there a cut screen on Bond Street? Who found out about this?
When they lived on Bond Street the boys were too little to climb in and out of windows. Whatever he wanted had to do with him and/or Darlie.

Desilu said:
So what are your opinions on why Darin went to look at the screens on Bond Street? I haven't a clue why in the world he would find the need to do this.
This is just a guess but maybe he cut one of the screens when they lived there using the same knife or a knife that could be tied to the Routier home, in one of his misguided "insurance" scams. Maybe he was nervous and afraid that if LE could find evidence on the screen cut at the house on Eagle Drive maybe they could also find evidence that he had cut a screen on Bond St. This makes no sense. Even as I am typing it I am pounding my forehead saying...what?????:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back