1100 users online (177 members and 923 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Palmetto Bay, Fem UP16802, 14-99, skeletal remains along nature trail, Jun'17

Skeletal remains found along a Palmetto Bay nature trail

The body, which was in parts, was found Tuesday by workers who were clearing out invasive species of brush from the 22-acre pedestrian nature preserve at the Palmetto Bay Village Center on Old Cutler Road.

“Given the condition of the remains, it is believed the body has been at that location for a number of weeks or months,” the center’s property manager, Ken Powell, said in a memo. (Powell retired Friday.) The village center is the site of the old Burger King headquarters.

Miami-Dade police closed off the park for several hours as its homicide unit gathered the remains. The body was found alongside a walking path underneath foliage and a tree canopy. Police would not disclose whether the body was that of a man or woman, only that it was an adult.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Decades after woman jumped from a plane, skeletal remains may solve her disappearance

For more than two decades, mystery has surrounded the disappearance of Christine Pascale, a troubled one-time pilot who hurled herself, without a parachute, from a small plane in an apparent suicide attempt over South Miami-Dade.

Investigators never found her body.

But Pascale’s relatives got a spark of hope last week when workers discovered skeletal remains hidden in the brush of a 22-acre nature preserve next to the Palmetto Bay Village Center on Old Cutler Road.
    It might take months for forensic anthropologists to identify the skeletal remains, which were found in pieces as workers cleared out invasive plants. The bones may be too old to yield DNA for testing. But Miami-Dade homicide detectives and the medical examiner’s office are exploring the possibility that Pascale’s body might have finally surfaced.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Has anyone found out any more on these remains found? How long were these remains there?Are they getting DNA?
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

I'm still very interested in these remains found.Has anyone found out any more on these remains found? How long were these remains there?Are they getting DNA?

Ok.I think these remains are female.I think they are on NAMUS right now.Does anyone know any more or can please find out more on these remains found.I am very interested in them.
    https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16802

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Suzanne View Post
    Ok.I think these remains are female.I think they are on NAMUS right now.Does anyone know any more or can please find out more on these remains found.I am very interested in them.
    https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16802
    Scars and marks possibly had a surgical scar somewhere on right leg. There is a metal rod in the right tibia (right lower leg). The surgery would have been after October 1992.

Clothing on body Tag from "Sasson" brand clothing item (possibly pants/shorts). Size is 15/16 average
    Dark colored belt
    Tag from Unknown clothing item, brand is "Partners, Mervyns". Size is M (medium).
    Clothing with body
    Footwear white shoes