GUILTY CA - Danielle Van Dam, 7, abducted & murdered, San Diego, 1 Feb 2002

I know Danielle Van Dam's abduction/murder was solved and the killer is ,thankfully behind bars,but I have a question and wasn't sure where to ask!

Anyhow............shortly after Westerfield's sentencing the Van Dam's appeared on Court TV and alluded to evidence/information about the case and Westerfield that was NOT allowed into the hearing but now that he was convicted it would all be coming out (I remember Mrs.Van Dam stated that there was, prior to Danielle's murder,instances of Westerfield "stalking" girls in their neighborhood etc) Well I have not heard anything further about this and was wondering if anyone had any links/book reconmendations or info to pass along because although this case has been solved I'd still like some follow-up.

Thanks!!!

If David Westerfield is going for an Appeal, I don't think they can release anything yet.

That is my understanding.

I followed that case and I think a lot of it was the videos were he had secretly taped a neighbor while she was working out in her home. The blinds were set so he could spy from his house. It was not presented in trial from what I remember.
Was that what you were looking for?
Michelle

Hello all, just wanted to share this story with you all, I know many have followed this case and the SDUT crowd seems to be involved so keep your eye's out for news, I would be interested in anything you all find as this come out in San Diego. Thanks!....Gypsy

Rapist's 'confessions' could reopen a case

James A. Selby wrote that he murdered a San Diego girl in 2002 in a high-profile case.

AJ.Flick
Tucson Citizen

http://sabino.tucson.com/RealMedia/...zenEnews.gif/34323165333237303430633931613330
Link to story in Tucson Citizen
http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/index.php?page=local&story_id=041905a5_selby

Looks like the Dave is innocent crowd found "the real killer of Danielle Van Dam. Well at least, they found a letter they could use from the person they claim real killer of Danielle Van Dam. I have been posting at UT and didn't believe they had the letter at all! Now this! I still think he's guilty but have to give them credit... they found this confession.

Apparently, Mr. Selby also once claimed to have killed JonBenet Ramsey. Did he also kidnap the Lindbergh baby and build Stonehenge? Westerfield's supporters could be on to a gold mine here!

bbmcrae said:
Apparently, Mr. Selby also once claimed to have killed JonBenet Ramsey. Did he also kidnap the Lindbergh baby and build Stonehenge? Westerfield's supporters could be on to a gold mine here!
Funny I said the same thing, it's a nightmare over there now that they have this to beat me over the head with. Just wanted to let the gang over here know cause I know many people followed the trial. I believe Westerfield is guilty and nothing but solid proof will change that.

I also razzed them about Jon Benet and the comments. I can't wait to find out what Dusek and all will have to say it about and of course I think that the "David Westerfield Review Board... is probably more like the the same people from SDUT and their network. Of course they are not to happy with right now..:laugh: Grrrrr... so I thought I would get some idea of what people on my fav forum will think about it all and the Van Dam's having to deal with it... grrrrr.

Hey, if I honestly thought that this was really likely it would be different but I really believe that Selby was not even in the area at that time. There is a lot of info for him on the internent and it's all wrong. Not to mention David did it... ANYHOOO..was angry at the butt whippin I was getting for demanding proof of their claims and asking them to share the letters for all to see on the forum. See they have them, but they only wanted to share with the NG side and just tease us crazy G posters...grrr...

Well, glad to see that there are still people on the G side... ROFL ..like the rest of the world outside the forums.

Tricia should follow up on this one and get the scoop, it should be a hot topic.. if the general media gets wind and brings it out more!

Till then, I stick with Westerfield Guilty. Selby sick convict and dead by own hand.

Gypsy

Westerfield is guilty as sin !!

They better not re-open this case. If I have to listen to that 'bug' and 'insect eggs' testimony etc again...... oh Lordy, I dont have the strength.

I'm just kidding about the testimony. I hope they dont re-open this case again because they proved their case against Westerfield the first time

Rag Doll 02 said:
Westerfield is guilty as sin !!

They better not re-open this case. If I have to listen to that 'bug' and 'insect eggs' testimony etc again...... oh Lordy, I dont have the strength.

I'm just kidding about the testimony. I hope they dont re-open this case again because they proved their case against Westerfield the first time
Well, If I had an honest belief that Selby might be resposible because the case was weak or none of Danielle's DNA and such were not all over his eviornment and such. I would say yes! Test the DNA etc..let's be sure, give Westerfield the benefit of that at least.. fine.

But when you try to throw in forum games and insults of G side arguments and such. It's not funny. Hey, if you claim you all have info that's going to free Westerfield put up or shut up. I pushed it far and they lost it! Now this story come out and it shows that they were telling the truth.

So it would stand to reason that the "other information" that The David Westerfield Review Group.. (mentioned in article) would most likely be the very people at UT who brought it up and that they are trying to build a case to reopen the Van Dam case based on the Selby confession and there adamant harping that ...David was framed by SDLE, Holmes/Dusek/Phingst.

Of course we on the Guilty side for the last years will not buy it and it's just a big ole slug fest. I had to get some feedback here. Because I just can't buy and never did.....that there was ever a really part of the general public who thought David was falsley convicted. His brothe in law used to post here and also there. During the trial there were several forums in play. I just see it being nuts again if they manage to pull it off. It's sad for the Van Dam's, it's bad enough they'll have to deal with the appeals. When this really gets out to the public, it will just start the nightmare up for them all over again, because some one found a way to muck up the system with a what IMO...will turn out to be a false confession. No way did Dusek/Phingst and other do all that they are accused of. It's just a huge farce and really sad to see.

Gypsy

blueclouds said:
Maybe we can mix these threads. I started one yesterday in the Jury Room.

HELLO MODS???
Cool! I'll go check it out..

BirdieBoo said:
This hasn't been in the San Diego news at all, as far as I've seen.
No but there has been a huge debate and much game playing at the UT forum and then I found the story by AJ Flick yesterday, I posted it at the top of this thread. She writes for the Tucson Citzen, it's a long story but we have been going round and round on this for a good week solid at UT..

A group called "The Westerfield Review" are the ones who sent a letter from Selby confessing to the crimes to the California DA's Innocence Project.

I can't prove it but anyone who was here back during the trial and read the SDUT and forums knows exactly what I am saying. I don't buy that Selby did it, I have researching storys and such as have other posters, who like I, believe that David Westerfield was indeed found guilty in a fair trial and Selby was probably giving a false confession to avoid extradition to California.

His MO really doesn't fit, though the Westerfield Supporters will tell you it does... blah, blah,

I have been contending in our arguments that Westerfield really never had a true or large group of supporters who were really "The General Public" and that it is this group who were all close to DW's brother in law and others who have actually gone on to start taking phone calls from and writing to Westerfield. At any rate very long story. I do suggest you take a look at the threads over on the Union Tribune forum.. it does seem that they have really found some way to push for a re-opening of Danielle's case.

G

I haven't checked out the UT forum yet today, to tell you the truth I am affraid that I will put my fist throught my computer screen if I read over there. Is John, the BIL posting at the UT?

Gypsy said:
No but there has been a huge debate and much game playing at the UT forum and then I found the story by AJ Flick yesterday, I posted it at the top of this thread. She writes for the Tucson Citzen, it's a long story but we have been going round and round on this for a good week solid at UT..

A group called "The Westerfield Review" are the ones who sent a letter from Selby confessing to the crimes to the California DA's Innocence Project.

I can't prove it but anyone who was here back during the trial and read the SDUT and forums knows exactly what I am saying. I don't buy that Selby did it, I have researching storys and such as have other posters, who like I, believe that David Westerfield was indeed found guilty in a fair trial and Selby was probably giving a false confession to avoid extradition to California.

His MO really doesn't fit, though the Westerfield Supporters will tell you it does... blah, blah,

I have been contending in our arguments that Westerfield really never had a true or large group of supporters who were really "The General Public" and that it is this group who were all close to DW's brother in law and others who have actually gone on to start taking phone calls from and writing to Westerfield. At any rate very long story. I do suggest you take a look at the threads over on the Union Tribune forum.. it does seem that they have really found some way to push for a re-opening of Danielle's case.

G
I really highly doubt this is going to be re-opened in San Diego. Remember how during Peterson's trial, Geragos kept making a motion to have the whole trial thrown out? I think it all falls under the category (in these people's minds) of "Doesn't hurt to ask."

It's very telling to me that this is in the Tucson paper but not in the San Diego news.

BirdieBoo said:
I really highly doubt this is going to be re-opened in San Diego. Remember how during Peterson's trial, Geragos kept making a motion to have the whole trial thrown out? I think it all falls under the category (in these people's minds) of "Doesn't hurt to ask."

It's very telling to me that this is in the Tucson paper but not in the San Diego news.
During our MANY.. days of blow out at UT.. I told them that they should write to her because she was the only one who interviewed Selby in Arizona before he died and that they should share all there secret info with her if they were serious and had all this proof and a large group of supporters..

Funny now that very reporter writes an article in Tucson, the reason it would come out there is that he was convicted of serial rapes in Tucson and he was also wanted by San Diego for the Banker's hill rapes. He was connected to those by DNA. He was a bad guy, serial rapist. They claim that they know much more than they will share and honestly believe not only, that the case will be re-openend but that it is going to exonerate Westerfield.

The funny thing is though... "David Westerfield Review" sent this info and the letters to the California DA's Innocence Project. I did some quick research and lo and behold... It's Woody Clark that started that and works on the cases sent to them.

Imagine what he thought when he get's the confession, (which SDLE, should know about they had an open investigation on Selby) and I am guessing but if it's the group I'm thinking of they are going to also claim that David was framed by Dusek,Clark, Phingst... and a whole cast of LE and others...

So, I guess they are asking Woody Clark and his team to investigate themselves...I want an answer... I want to know that NO WAY... did this guy do it. Just so they have to stop... He claimed to Jon Benet too!

Gypsy

bbmcrae said:
Ya got that right.. I noted that the Lindburg baby had 200 confessors:doh:

Gypsy

I took a look at the SDUT board...quite a group. So there are groupies who spend their days "fighting" for Westerfield. I guess nothing surprises me anymore. (Okay, this surprises me.)

I read the Wichita Eagle board during the BTK arrest. There were some delusional claims there-for example, that there was a "group" of BTKs operating in the city, a sort of serial killer secret society. And that various posts by the members cracked the case, which was not true at all, as far as I know.

I have a feeling this will blow over by May. The claim by Selby is laughable and transparent. But I guess Westerfield's buddies will go on fighting for the s.o.b. It'd be sad if it wasn't so creepy and annoying.

I hear, in addition to the Lindbergh baby and Stonehenge, Selby is also responsible for the Zodiac killings, the breakup of the Beatles, and the Shroud of Turin. He was a busy little .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back