804 users online (119 members and 685 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    CA - Danielle Van Dam, Westerfield Appeal

    thanks to Twinz for this tribute...

    http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/angel70/dani.swf

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,384

    CA - Danielle Van Dam, Westerfield Appeal

    I know Danielle Van Dam's abduction/murder was solved and the killer is ,thankfully behind bars,but I have a question and wasn't sure where to ask!

    Anyhow............shortly after Westerfield's sentencing the Van Dam's appeared on Court TV and alluded to evidence/information about the case and Westerfield that was NOT allowed into the hearing but now that he was convicted it would all be coming out (I remember Mrs.Van Dam stated that there was, prior to Danielle's murder,instances of Westerfield "stalking" girls in their neighborhood etc) Well I have not heard anything further about this and was wondering if anyone had any links/book reconmendations or info to pass along because although this case has been solved I'd still like some follow-up.


    Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Salem; 05-29-2012 at 10:23 PM.

  3. #3
    If David Westerfield is going for an Appeal, I don't think they can release anything yet.

    That is my understanding.
    Just the facts, Ma'am.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    8,276
    I followed that case and I think a lot of it was the videos were he had secretly taped a neighbor while she was working out in her home. The blinds were set so he could spy from his house. It was not presented in trial from what I remember.
    Was that what you were looking for?
    Michelle

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182
    Bump, I'm going to change the title on this thread and move it to Awaiting Trials as Westerfield has filed an appeal.

    Salem

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,285
    http://www.10news.com/news/30435808/detail.html

    article on the appeal of the death penalty (from 3 months ago)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over The Rainbow
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    http://www.10news.com/news/30435808/detail.html

    article on the appeal of the death penalty (from 3 months ago)
    Here is a book that was written about the evidence, the trial and the history of the case. Trust me, it's not a book you want to take to the beach to read .

    Amazon.com: Rush to Judgement: a critical examination of the David Westerfield, Danielle van Dam child kidnapping and murder case, San Diego 2002 (9781460956977)
    Last edited by KateB; 05-16-2015 at 10:18 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    There are THREE sides to every story, 1. Yours 2. Mine and finally number 3. THE TRUTH

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleone48 View Post
    Here is a book that was written about the evidence, the trial and the history of the case. Trust me, it's not a book you want to take to the beach to read .

    Amazon.com: Rush to Judgement: a critical examination of the David Westerfield, Danielle van Dam child kidnapping and murder case, San Diego 2002 (9781460956977): C Stevenson: Books
    The book is a vanity publication written by an "unknown" author. Notice there is no identification of the writer. Probably written by one of the posters who posts daily at the local San Diego paper.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
    Groucho Marx

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over The Rainbow
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink56 View Post
    The book is a vanity publication written by an "unknown" author. Notice there is no identification of the writer. Probably written by one of the posters who posts daily at the local San Diego paper.
    Yes the book was written by one of the UT's daily posters with the help of several other people including Westerfield's ex BIL who to this day maintains that Westerfield is innocent.

    I have the full PDF of the appeal and I will figure out how to link it here.
    There are THREE sides to every story, 1. Yours 2. Mine and finally number 3. THE TRUTH

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    48

    San Diego prosecutors are being asked to reopen the Danielle Van Dam murder case

    Hello all, just wanted to share this story with you all, I know many have followed this case and the SDUT crowd seems to be involved so keep your eye's out for news, I would be interested in anything you all find as this come out in San Diego. Thanks!....Gypsy

    Rapist's 'confessions' could reopen a case

    James A. Selby wrote that he murdered a San Diego girl in 2002 in a high-profile case.

    AJ.Flick
    Tucson Citizen


    Link to story in Tucson Citizen
    http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/index.p...041905a5_selby

    Looks like the Dave is innocent crowd found "the real killer of Danielle Van Dam. Well at least, they found a letter they could use from the person they claim real killer of Danielle Van Dam. I have been posting at UT and didn't believe they had the letter at all! Now this! I still think he's guilty but have to give them credit... they found this confession.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    150
    Apparently, Mr. Selby also once claimed to have killed JonBenet Ramsey. Did he also kidnap the Lindbergh baby and build Stonehenge? Westerfield's supporters could be on to a gold mine here!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by bbmcrae
    Apparently, Mr. Selby also once claimed to have killed JonBenet Ramsey. Did he also kidnap the Lindbergh baby and build Stonehenge? Westerfield's supporters could be on to a gold mine here!
    Funny I said the same thing, it's a nightmare over there now that they have this to beat me over the head with. Just wanted to let the gang over here know cause I know many people followed the trial. I believe Westerfield is guilty and nothing but solid proof will change that.

    I also razzed them about Jon Benet and the comments. I can't wait to find out what Dusek and all will have to say it about and of course I think that the "David Westerfield Review Board... is probably more like the the same people from SDUT and their network. Of course they are not to happy with right now.. Grrrrr... so I thought I would get some idea of what people on my fav forum will think about it all and the Van Dam's having to deal with it... grrrrr.

    Hey, if I honestly thought that this was really likely it would be different but I really believe that Selby was not even in the area at that time. There is a lot of info for him on the internent and it's all wrong. Not to mention David did it... ANYHOOO..was angry at the butt whippin I was getting for demanding proof of their claims and asking them to share the letters for all to see on the forum. See they have them, but they only wanted to share with the NG side and just tease us crazy G posters...grrr...

    Well, glad to see that there are still people on the G side... ROFL ..like the rest of the world outside the forums.

    Tricia should follow up on this one and get the scoop, it should be a hot topic.. if the general media gets wind and brings it out more!

    Till then, I stick with Westerfield Guilty. Selby sick convict and dead by own hand.

    Gypsy

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    839
    Westerfield is guilty as sin !!

    They better not re-open this case. If I have to listen to that 'bug' and 'insect eggs' testimony etc again...... oh Lordy, I dont have the strength.

    I'm just kidding about the testimony. I hope they dont re-open this case again because they proved their case against Westerfield the first time

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Rag Doll 02
    Westerfield is guilty as sin !!

    They better not re-open this case. If I have to listen to that 'bug' and 'insect eggs' testimony etc again...... oh Lordy, I dont have the strength.

    I'm just kidding about the testimony. I hope they dont re-open this case again because they proved their case against Westerfield the first time
    Well, If I had an honest belief that Selby might be resposible because the case was weak or none of Danielle's DNA and such were not all over his eviornment and such. I would say yes! Test the DNA etc..let's be sure, give Westerfield the benefit of that at least.. fine.

    But when you try to throw in forum games and insults of G side arguments and such. It's not funny. Hey, if you claim you all have info that's going to free Westerfield put up or shut up. I pushed it far and they lost it! Now this story come out and it shows that they were telling the truth.

    So it would stand to reason that the "other information" that The David Westerfield Review Group.. (mentioned in article) would most likely be the very people at UT who brought it up and that they are trying to build a case to reopen the Van Dam case based on the Selby confession and there adamant harping that ...David was framed by SDLE, Holmes/Dusek/Phingst.

    Of course we on the Guilty side for the last years will not buy it and it's just a big ole slug fest. I had to get some feedback here. Because I just can't buy and never did.....that there was ever a really part of the general public who thought David was falsley convicted. His brothe in law used to post here and also there. During the trial there were several forums in play. I just see it being nuts again if they manage to pull it off. It's sad for the Van Dam's, it's bad enough they'll have to deal with the appeals. When this really gets out to the public, it will just start the nightmare up for them all over again, because some one found a way to muck up the system with a what IMO...will turn out to be a false confession. No way did Dusek/Phingst and other do all that they are accused of. It's just a huge farce and really sad to see.

    Gypsy

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Rag Doll 02
    Westerfield is guilty as sin !!


    What she said!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Recovered/Located TN - Danielle Bledsoe, 17, Memphis, February 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2016, 06:12 AM
  2. Found Alive IL - Danielle Schultz, 23, Beach Park, 22 February 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-26-2016, 10:47 AM
  3. Danielle Larue, 2002 Vancouver
    By dotr in forum Sleuthing Vancouver Cold Cases
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-05-2015, 10:48 PM

Tags for this Thread