1082 users online (162 members and 920 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M I- Monroe County -Sherri Richter attempted to set car on fire with 11 y/o son inside.

[The boy was not physically injured]

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20170...urn-son-in-car
    A woman was arrested by Monroe County Sheriffís deputies after she bound her 11-year-old son and locked him inside a car, and attempted to set the vehicle on fire at Roselawn Memorial Park in LaSalle Tuesday.

Deputies arrived minutes later and found the Focus emitting smoke from the passenger compartment, but the mother and son could not be found. Deputies located the pair in a different part of the cemetery talking to staff....

A preliminary investigation revealed the mother bound her son at the wrists and locked him inside the car. The mother started a fire in the trunk with the boy still inside. The mother later attempted to start another fire using gasoline inside the passenger compartment where the boy sat. The second fire did not ignite while the boy struggled to free himself from the vehicle. The mother then freed the boy from the car and they walked away until locating an employee of the cemetery. The employee freed the boy from the bindings.
    http://www.monroenews.com/news/20170...was-overweight
    The motive for Sherri Richterís alleged actions was revealed in court documents, which also showed she was legally drunk at the time.

The woman accused of setting a car on fire with her young son tied up inside allegedly committed the act because the boy was overweight.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fi...-kill-son.html
    Monroe County officials would not comment Friday on the suspected motive of a Frenchtown Township woman they said tried to kill her young son.

Sherri Richter, 48, is accused of trying to set her 11-year-old boy on fire inside her car at Roselawn Memorial Park. She was arraigned Thursday on charges of assault with intent to murder and arson.
    A 1st District Court judge in Monroe set bond at $100,000. She remained held in the county jail.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

poor kid
    glad he's physically ok

Sad, sad story....considering they were at a cemetary, sounds like more to this story. I hope he has other family local.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2326 View Post
    Sad, sad story....considering they were at a cemetary, sounds like more to this story. I hope he has other family local.

I am pretty sure there is a lot we have not heard. Unfortunately, Monroe a County is not known to update these crimes very well. I hope we hear more. The poor young man is going to have unbelievable memories to carry the rest of his life. I can only pray he has other family that can help and guide him through the days and years ahead.
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017

MI-Monroe County -Sherri Richter attempted to set car on fire with 11 y/o son inside.

Good grief What the actual F? Seriously are we that messed up as a human race that we just have zero regard for life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

Quote Originally Posted by MIKAYOYO View Post
    Good grief What the actual F? Seriously are we that messed up as a human race that we just have zero regard for life?

Yes I'm quoting myself because looking at half the cases here, I answer my own question.

Ugh, from your second link:

Coincidentally, one of Richterís grandchildren is a son of Daniel Clay, who is on trial for sexual assault and was convicted of murdering Chelsea Bruck, said court officials.
    During his sexual assault and home invasion trial Clay, 28, testified that he has three children. The mother of one of those children is Richterís daughter.
    The boy's mom was legally drunk when she tried to burn him up which makes it hard for me to be sympathetic even if she does have a mental health issue. According to court documents she attempted to burn her son to death because he was overweight. That she eventually released him from the car makes me believe she knew she was doing something wrong - as opposed to being in some sort of psychotic episode. So sick or not she intended to kill him at one point.

But I'm not a mental health professional so it's JMO. In any case her son is the victim here; if mom is sick then I hope she gets help.

Most of all though I hope this child will get all the love and support he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarple View Post

The boy's mom was legally drunk when she tried to burn him up which makes it hard for me to be sympathetic even if she does have a mental health issue. According to court documents she attempted to burn her son to death because he was overweight. That she eventually released him from the car makes me believe she knew she was doing something wrong - as opposed to being in some sort of psychotic episode. So sick or not she intended to kill him at one point.

But I'm not a mental health professional so it's JMO. In any case her son is the victim here; if mom is sick then I hope she gets help.

Most of all though I hope this child will get all the love and support he deserves.

Gross! What a pos! So glad he's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarple View Post

Yes, MsMarple, it is the young boy I am concerned about. He will never get over this incident. I just hope he can get supportive care from all who love and care about him,
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

Unfortunately, it sounds like this family is not the cream of the crop!

Up above it reads that this mother has a daughter who has a child with the murderer of Chelsea Bruck.

Also, if this mother was drunk, what was she doing driving with her son in the car?!

Monroe Co. woman texted husband after setting car on fire with son inside 911 audio: Woman wrote “call 911 lol” after setting vehicle ablaze

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fi...on-inside.html

Quote Originally Posted by monster12 View Post
    Monroe Co. woman texted husband after setting car on fire with son inside 911 audio: Woman wrote “call 911 lol” after setting vehicle ablaze

once again, Toledo Blade is covering this much better than Monroe County.
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

Quote Originally Posted by monster12 View Post

That's longest 911 call I have ever heard. the poor man must have felt so frantic, but he did well, as did the operator.
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

What a sad story...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

June 29:

The woman accused of setting a car on fire with her young son tied up inside allegedly committed the act because the boy was overweight.

The motive for Sherri Richterís alleged actions was revealed in court documents, which also showed she was legally drunk at the time.

Richter, 48, was arraigned this morning on charges of assault with intent to murder and arson after police said she set fire to a car at a cemetery with her 11-year-old son temporarily trapped inside. The boy eventually was released unharmed.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20170...was-overweight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast