Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltexans

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
ATTENTION WEBSLEUTHS MEMBERS:

Recently a handful of posters has been bickering, going off topic, and in general being a major pain in our moderator’s behinds.

The next person that argues posts something totally off topic or does anything against our terms of service that poster will get a time out and I will keep giving time outs until everyone understands.

This thread is about Yingying and her tragic murder. It is not for you to bicker back and forth about things that have NOTHING to do with Yingying.

If you have a problem with a post, hit the Alert button in the lower left-hand corner and follow the directions. Even if a poster directly calls you out, you need to ignore and alert. Let us handle it.

We do not allow rumors, posts from other forums, or posts from other blogs.

We do allow things relevant to the case to be discussed. Since the Fetlife website is in the affidavit, then we can discuss what this site has to do with the case. Please do not post any pictures or links to the site.

If you see something you don’t like you must alert and then scroll past the problem post.

Finally, our moderator “liltexans” is a fantastic and dedicated moderator. When liltexan speaks, you must listen to her. Show her the respect she deserves as one of our moderators.

You don’t want me to come back to this thread again. I am old, cranky, and I am desperate for a chocolate shake; therefore, I am not in a great mood. Best to listen to liltexan and post without violating our terms of service http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Thank you,

Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

UPDATE: Police release new details about missing UI scholar

image1.PNG

Police spokesman Pat Wade said Yingying Zhang, 26, boarded a Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District Teal line bus at 1:35 p.m. Friday at the south shelter at the Orchard Downs complex in Urbana. She got off the bus at 1:52 p.m. at Springfield and Mathews avenues in Urbana and hasn't been seen since then.

Wade said the last time she was seen, Zhang was wearing a charcoal-gray hat with a white logo on the front, a white/pink flannel long-sleeve shirt, a white undershirt, jeans, white shoes and a navy-blue backpack. She has shoulder-length brown hair and wears glasses.
89416_0611_loca_yingying_zhang.jpg

attachment.php

Multiple attempts to contact her at her home and on her cellphone have been unsuccessful, Wade said. Police have also talked to friends and checked local hospitals, as is routine in missing-persons cases.

The visiting scholar from China was headed to the One North apartment complex on North Lincoln Avenue in Urbana on Friday to sign a lease, Wade said.

"She texted the property manager at One North at 1:30 p.m., said she was going to be late and never showed up. That was the last anyone has heard from her," he said.
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...ase-new-details-about-missing-ui-scholar.html

The FBI says it has located the car that a missing Chinese scholar studying at the University of Illinois was last seen getting into earlier this month.

The FBI said in a Tuesday statement that it's received "numerous leads" regarding the black Saturn Astra and won't need any further information on the vehicle. Authorities also said they've developed "several additional leads" in the investigation.

FBI spokesman Brad Ware declined to give further details.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/fbi-locates-car-related-to-missing-chinese-scholar-case/2155842/

On Friday night, a day after hundreds marched in Urbana in support of Yingying Zhang, the FBI announced the arrest of Brendt Christensen, 28, of Champaign, on a federal criminal complaint that charges him with Zhang’s June 9 kidnapping.

Authorities said they think Zhang is no longer alive based on audio FBI agents heard of Christensen, under surveillance Thursday, describing how he kidnapped her and what the bureau described only as “other facts uncovered during the investigation of this matter.”

FBI spokesman Brad Ware said he couldn’t comment on where Zhang might be, saying: “It’s still an ongoing investigation.”

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...ted-ui-scholars-disappearance-fbi-presumes-he

Previous Thread - #2

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 8,444
“musicaljoke” asked earlier (post #866, 2nd thread) “Can you tell if there was a period of time when he wasn't online?”

Interesting question? …in case it’s not obvious, what I think “musicaljoke” is getting at is whether there was a time pattern to BC’s online presence, and did it suddenly change say around June 9, 10, 11… (admittedly hard to research since he had so many aliases, but FBI is probably sorting it all out).

Mods, please detail what I can share from his Fetlife profile.

Thoughts about YZ panicking in the car: she may very well have. BC might have included this in his "confession" because he felt it might have been captured on a security camera somewhere.

Someone in the prior thread mentioned about the fed having more resources than state govt. But unless I am mistaken I don't think this case will stay in federal court. The only reason it is in fed court is because of the kidnapping charge. If this goes into a murder charge that would be a state offense and would go back to IL state court.

Can anyone remember a case like this that was in federal court? If her parents end up suing the university or him personally it would be in federal court but I don't see why any criminal case would remain in federal court if the charge gets escalated to murder.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...sing-illinois-student-met-20170702-story.html

Chinese students, parents share concerns over campus safety in wake of U. of I. kidnapping arrest

Authorities have not provided updates to the investigation over the weekend and have not specified what led them to conclude that Zhang is dead. An FBI spokesman did not respond to requests for comment Sunday seeking additional information about the search.

In the midday heat, the campus was mostly quiet Sunday as FBI flyers urging people to look for Zhang remained posted at blue emergency phones near the bus stop where she disappeared.

Thoughts about YZ panicking in the car: she may very well have. BC might have included this in his "confession" because he felt it might have been captured on a security camera somewhere.
...or, he might use the 'panicking' storyline to eventually say she banged her head on something or he otherwise accidentally killed her trying to calm her down... and at that point HE panicked, and got rid of the body.
Once the body is found FBI will probably determine true cause of death.

I'm sure she did panic in that car at some point. :-(

His statement to police, and his horrid bragging or whatever that was caught on audio recording...I believe both contain truths and lies.

I'm sure she did panic in that car at some point. :-(

His statement to police, and his horrid bragging or whatever that was caught on audio recording...I believe both contain truths and lies.
Has this been previously posted, the audio? Sorry, brain fart. You are referring to the audio police have.

Has this been previously posted, the audio?

Reference to audio recording is in the criminal complaint, linked in a prior post. The recording itself though, has not been released.Screenshot_20170702-191154.png

Please see Tricia's comments in the first post of this thread. Since Fetlife is part of the arrest documents and will apparently be part of this criminal case, it may be discussed in the context of what BC was known to be doing on Fetlife. Pictures from and links to Fetlife are not allowed.

I hope that helps.

Please see Tricia's comments in the first post of this thread. Since Fetlife is part of the arrest documents and will apparently be part of this criminal case, it may be discussed in the context of what BC was known to be doing on Fetlife. Pictures from and links to Fetlife are not allowed.

I hope that helps.

Kind of, thanks. I dare not share the SSs I have here, lol. Specifically, I'd like to share some (censored) selections from his list of interests and profile specs. Also, perhaps some dates of interest.

Kind of, thanks. I dare not share the SSs I have here, lol. Specifically, I'd like to share some (censored) selections from his list of interests and profile specs. Also, perhaps some dates of interest.

Go ahead mrsobrien! Great sleuthing to you and Ursamajr, BTW!

Dear mrsobrien and any other member who has information on the Fetlife profile; please email me what you have found so I can verify and decide what can and cannot be discussed.

My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com or you can send me the info in a PM.

Thank you,
Tricia

I understand. Please contact Tricia directly and she will decide what can and cannot be shared. Thank you for your patience and your willingness to dig into the Fetlife site to help sleuth this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie