GA GA - Alan Morse, 19, Austell, Oct 1989

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Morse was last seen in Austell, Georgia in October 1989.
At the time of his disappearance Alan Lee Morse was an Air Traffic Controller for the U. S. Navy stationed at Naval Air Station in Bermuda. Morse came home to Cobb County, Georgia on leave in October 1989 and at the end of his leave period was to have returned to Bermuda. At the end of his leave Morse told his Mother he would see her at Christmas and left. That night someone from the NAS in Bermuda called Morse's father looking for Morse.

It was soon learned that Morse had told his mother that his father would take him to the airport for the return trip and told his father that his mother would take him. Based on this inconsistency, the assumption was made that Morse had gone AWOL.

Early efforts to list Alan as missing met with reluctance since there was no apparent evidence of foul play. Alan's disappearance and subsequent lack of contact with family is completely out of character for Alan in that he enjoyed an unusually close relationship with other family members. A missing person report was taken in 2007.
The Navy has advised Alan's family that they will not prosecute Alan for being AWOL.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/584/

It does sound strange that he would tell them the same story and then disappear....where are you Alan?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

It does sound strange that he would tell them the same story and then disappear....where are you Alan?

From what I have read there is no mention of a significant other in his life. Is it possible that he told his parents this so that he could meet up with that person to take him to the airport since he felt that maybe his parents wouldn't approve of the relationship? Or was he trying to hide the fact he was going to see a friend that his family didn't like.

This was from a news article I found his dad was quoted as saying " He found that his son had visited a friend after leaving his family in 1989. That friend said he took Alan to a bus station. That was his last sighting."

Last edited:
Missing since 1989, but the police report not taken until 2007? I hope he's out there somewhere and can be located soon..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back