985 users online (163 members and 822 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FL - Makeva Jenkins, 33, shot to death hours after FB post, 28 June 2017 *Arrest*

LAKE WORTH, Fla. – A day after a mother of three was shot in the head by a masked gunman, a Facebook post and the victim's stolen car could be clues in helping investigators find her killer, reports CBS affiliate WPEC.

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputies say Makeva Jenkins was gunned down early Thursday morning in her home in unincorporated Lantana.

Deputies say Jenkins was shot in the head just feet from her three children and relatives.

According to the Palm Beach Post, Jenkins was 33, married, and mother to a 1-year-old, a 7-year-old, and a 13-year-old. The paper reports that the suspected killer knocked on Jenkins' door around 2 a.m. Tuesday and after shooting her, fled in her car. It was found abandoned a short distance away.

WPEC reports that just hours before her murder, Jenkins posted a reflection of sorts on Facebook, celebrating her life's success and ability to go from homelessness to becoming a business owner. Jenkins managed The Prime Enterprise Group, which creates business plans and marketing strategies for entrepreneurs and small businesses, according to the Palm Beach Post.

"We overcame being homeless in 2013/2014 to reaching my six figure mark in 2015 to now making multi six figures. No matter what the road looked like, I followed my heart and stuck with it growing my business," Jenkins wrote late Wednesday.

Another point of focus for the investigation will likely be Jenkins' car.

"One of the biggest parts of this case is that her car was stolen and recovered," Tom Whatley, a retired police detective, told WPEC.

"There's going to be a lot of information obtained from that car, whether it's DNA, whether it's prints."

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is asking anyone with any information to call PBSO or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers. Tipsters can remain anonymous.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mom-slai...s-on-facebook/

Not sure why she doesn't already have a post

Thanks for posting! I wonder who might have been following her that had some hate in their heart for her success (jealousy maybe)? It doesn't sound random.

thanks for starting this thread. Glad she has a place here now. Heartbreaking for those who knew and loved her. Her children... ugh. Poor babies...
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
    Margaret Mead

What a great woman. Shame on who did this - hope you are caught right now.

Thanks for video. Didn't know her story. I do think some women keep men grounded as he said his wife did for him.
    Another weird story...who has the guts to shoot someone with the husband and kids there. Jeez!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gunman allowed children to leave the house. Told husband and wife to lay on floor. Shoots wife in the head. Leaves....bumping Makeva to the top.....

http://www.insideedition.com/headlin...d-to-her-death

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

FL - Makeva Jenkins shot to death hours after Facebook post June 28th 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2326 View Post
    Gunman allowed children to leave the house. Told husband and wife to lay on floor. Shoots wife in the head. Leaves....bumping Makeva to the top.....

http://www.insideedition.com/headlin...d-to-her-death

The murderer got to the home (on foot?) and stole their car; and we know it's a male.
    Maybe he drove off in their car to his own waiting car OR to an accomplice waiting for him. He asked for the keys or saw them laying there, or checked her purse for them....I guess.
    How'd he get in?
    There's going to be a size, ethnicity description, and a voice description. So much to wonder about. Hope he is caught really soon.
    A young woman with babes taken away way too early!

Last edited by Aydrianna523; 07-03-2017 at 11:45 PM.

This is just so tragic!
    So many questions too....
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

How sad. This woman had overcome so much, only to have her life violently taken from her. So many questions come to my mind, like:

• Are LE certain it was Makeva who made the post about her 6-figure income on FB? Can they determine the exact time of the post, where it was posted from (did anyone else have access to her account), and who was online when it was posted?

• Did the intruder wear a mask? Did any of the adults, or even the children, in the home recognize him?

• Where did the children go when they were sent out of the house?

• Why was Makeva alone shot? Was there an altercation between Makeva and the intruder? If so, what was it over?

• Was anything stolen from the home other than the vehicle which was later abandoned? Was anything stolen from the vehicle?

I hope Makeva's killer is identified and apprehended soon. Rest peacefully, beautiful lady.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    How sad. This woman had overcome so much, only to have her life violently taken from her. So many questions come to my mind, like:

• Are LE certain it was Makeva who made the post about her 6-figure income on FB? Can they determine the exact time of the post, where it was posted from (did anyone else have access to her account), and who was online when it was posted?

• Did the intruder wear a mask? Did any of the adults, or even the children, in the home recognize him?

• Why was Makeva alone shot? Was there an altercation between Makeva and the intruder? If so, what was it over?

• Was anything stolen from the home other than the vehicle which was later abandoned? Was anything stolen from the vehicle?

I hope Makeva's killer is identified and apprehended soon. Rest peacefully, beautiful lady.
    Why was the husband not harmed?

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post

Right......all very good questions, Indy.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Quote Originally Posted by Aydrianna523 View Post
    The murderer got to the home (on foot?) and stole their car; and we know it's a male.
    Maybe he drove off in their car to his own waiting car OR to an accomplice waiting for him. He asked for the keys or saw them laying there, or checked her purse for them....I guess.
    How'd he get in?
    There's going to be a size, ethnicity description, and a voice description. So much to wonder about. Hope he is caught really soon.
    A young woman with babes taken away way too early!

ETA: This makes the intrusion seem staged, doesn't it? MOO
    BBM This. Doesn't make sense. If he lived close by, why steal a vehicle only to abandon it a short distance away. Also, why would he need to drive to where the get-away driver waited--seems he would park nearby with engine running. I cannot think of a reason why the intruder would steal a vehicle only to abandon it. How far away did he abandon it? Wonder if it was near where he lived. That would be real smart. But, fortunately, it would make it easier for LE to locate him.
    Last edited by Indy Anna; 07-03-2017 at 11:59 PM.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2326 View Post
    Why was the husband not harmed?

Yes. And reportedly there were other "relatives" in the home--if I understand correctly, besides the husband and children. Who were they and why were they not harmed either? Very strange.
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Dénouement View Post

LAKE WORTH, Fla. – A day after a mother of three was shot in the head by a masked gunman, a Facebook post and the victim's stolen car could be clues in helping investigators find her killer, reports CBS affiliate WPEC.

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputies say Makeva Jenkins was gunned down early Thursday morning in her home in unincorporated Lantana.

Deputies say Jenkins was shot in the head just feet from her three children and relatives.

According to the Palm Beach Post, Jenkins was 33, married, and mother to a 1-year-old, a 7-year-old, and a 13-year-old. The paper reports that the suspected killer knocked on Jenkins' door around 2 a.m. Tuesday and after shooting her, fled in her car. It was found abandoned a short distance away.

WPEC reports that just hours before her murder, Jenkins posted a reflection of sorts on Facebook, celebrating her life's success and ability to go from homelessness to becoming a business owner. Jenkins managed The Prime Enterprise Group, which creates business plans and marketing strategies for entrepreneurs and small businesses, according to the Palm Beach Post.

"We overcame being homeless in 2013/2014 to reaching my six figure mark in 2015 to now making multi six figures. No matter what the road looked like, I followed my heart and stuck with it growing my business," Jenkins wrote late Wednesday.

Another point of focus for the investigation will likely be Jenkins' car.

"One of the biggest parts of this case is that her car was stolen and recovered," Tom Whatley, a retired police detective, told WPEC.

"There's going to be a lot of information obtained from that car, whether it's DNA, whether it's prints."

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is asking anyone with any information to call PBSO or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers. Tipsters can remain anonymous.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mom-slai...s-on-facebook/

Not sure why she doesn't already have a post
    This is so sad, to see her rise from homelessness to being a business owner and for her life to be taken like this, 😢

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast