MD MD - Greenbelt, BlkMale 15-25, UP2251, off I-95, deformed teeth, straight jacket, blanket, Aug'81

ghostINshell

Reaction score
Namus link: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2251?page=images

This guy was found near a guardrail along the Northbound Lane Balt/Wash Parkway 1, 1/2 miles South of I95 in Greenbelt, Maryland on August 3, 1981.

Race: Black
Height (inches):62, Estimated
Weight: 102 lbs
Hair: Black, kinky hair
Eye color: Unknown (I'm thinking brown)
He had no distinctive body features.

Clothing: Blue jeans and blue blanket or bed spread that was with him.

Fingerprints and Dentals are submitted and complete.
DNA is submitted but tests not complete.

1588e934162e24ca4b4a6c25af8f4818.jpg

James Natalia Foster
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/foster_james.html
I know quite a few things are off with this one (height, weight, distance) but physically he is similar to the UID and the time fits. Because of the few details available in Fosters case we probably won't know if it is possible he ended up on the other side of America...

Jerry Lee Armstrong
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/armstrong_jerry.html
Again, a few things are off but the time and physical description fit to me. The distance between MP and UID for this one are certainly possible.

These two are both long shots, I know, but it's all I found and I figure it's better to post it and be wrong than not to post it at all.

James Natalia Foster
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/foster_james.html
I know quite a few things are off with this one (height, weight, distance) but physically he is similar to the UID and the time fits. Because of the few details available in Fosters case we probably won't know if it is possible he ended up on the other side of America...

Jerry Lee Armstrong
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/armstrong_jerry.html
Again, a few things are off but the time and physical description fit to me. The distance between MP and UID for this one are certainly possible.

These two are both long shots, I know, but it's all I found and I figure it's better to post it and be wrong than not to post it at all.
Idk about Jerry it sounds more like he was murdered right after he dropped off his girlfriend.

But James is a good possibility. And even though the height and weight are off all of that might be wrong. James does look a lot like our UID.
I think you should submit him!![emoji106]

I thought the same regarding Jerry, that he was murdered right away, but I wanted some other opinions too.

I have never submitted anyone before because I'm still quite new here so I have absolutely no idea how I would go about submitting! Anyone want to point me in the right direction?

I thought the same regarding Jerry, that he was murdered right away, but I wanted some other opinions too.

I have never submitted anyone before because I'm still quite new here so I have absolutely no idea how I would go about submitting! Anyone want to point me in the right direction?
Lols same here I'm quite new here too. I'm not even sure where to start with a submit buuut maybe someone who has submitted a missing person before will head you in the right direction [emoji4]

The good thing about this UID is that his teeth are very identifiable. His friends and family would recognize his distinctive front teeth.

NamUs says his top teeth were 'seriously deformed', and it definitely looks noticeable from the recon. I wonder if this was from some sort of congenital thing or if they were just broken/damaged from lack of care?
It also mentions a medical straight jacket found near his body. Could he have spent time in a mental institution? If not him, perhaps the person who killed him/dumped his body?

The full Namus text about the teeth is "The victim has seriously deformed top front teeth. The teeth appear to have gaps and they are jagged. The front top teeth appear to be different sizes and lengths." That sounds to me like the way they grew in.

Also, a dentist normally wouldn't describe decayed or broken teeth as deformed. They usually say damaged or decayed or whatever it is.

I could not find a thread on thread on this case. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) 2168UMMD Have you seen this child? John Doe, Greenbelt, MD, 08/03/1981 | Federal Bureau of Investigation Namus UP#2251 Age 15-25 Race Black Sex Male Height 5"2 to 5"5 Weight 106-120 lbs, with a thin build Hair Color Black, kinky of medium length Eye Color Unknown Distinguishing Marks/Features His face was clean shaven. He had long fingernails. Date of Discovery August 3rd 1981 Location of Discovery Greenbelt, Prince Georges County, Maryland Estimated Date of Death Days prior Cause of Death Unknown Clothing Blue Jeans Additional Person Items Blue blanket ,bandages and bedspread Agency Name United States Park Police Agency Contact Person Criminal Investigations Agency Phone Number 201-610-8730 Circumstances of Discovery On 08/03/1981,the unidentified human remains of a black male, between the ages of 15 and 25 years old, 5"2 and 5"5 feet tall and weighing between 106-120 pounds, with black hair , were discovered on the northbound side of the Baltimore Washington Parkway in Greenbelt Maryland. The victim was wrapped in a blue blanket and next to the victim was a canvas medical straight jacket with an unknown medical insignia and the letters "U.S". The victim also had very crooked and decaying teeth.

Last edited:
Ignore my earlier post I found the thread for this case.
NamUs says his top teeth were 'seriously deformed', and it definitely looks noticeable from the recon. I wonder if this was from some sort of congenital thing or if they were just broken/damaged from lack of care?
It also mentions a medical straight jacket found near his body. Could he have spent time in a mental institution? If not him, perhaps the person who killed him/dumped his body?
He was likely dumped given that he was wrapped in a blue blanket on a patch of grass.

I think this John Doe was probably the victim of abuse in an institution due to the items found on and near him.
There is a transcript to a video that no longer is active. The transcript reads:

Investigators haven't ruled out the possibility he may have been a patient at Spring Grove Mental Hospital, Walter Reed Medical Center or Crownsville Medical Center. Police contacted several hospitals seeking missing persons reports and sent fingerprints to the FBI but nothing matched the boy.

There appears to be DNA on file for this case. And because it appears that the boy was likely neglected by hospital staff and all of them have closed down, maybe this too is a case for @othram?

Last edited:
Crownsville is nearby. I dont have the exact address but crownsville MD and Greenbelt MD are 33 minutes apart.
Crownsville was initially established as a place to send black patients so they could be separated from the white patients during segregation

There is a transcript to a video that no longer is active. The transcript reads:

Investigators haven't ruled out the possibility he may have been a patient at Spring Grove Mental Hospital, Walter Reed Medical Center or Crownsville Medical Center. Police contacted several hospitals seeking missing persons reports and sent fingerprints to the FBI but nothing matched the boy.

There appears to be DNA on file for this case. And because it appears that the boy was likely neglected by hospital staff and all of them have closed down, maybe this too is a case for @othram?

I think this John Doe was probably the victim of abuse in an institution due to the items found on and near him.
The teeth also suggest that maybe he had a disability. People with complex congential or birth injury disabilities sometimes have dentition that's crowded, gapped, deformed, or decayed as a result of either their conditions directly causing unique tooth development or the difficulties in caring for their teeth as a result of their conditions. And in a bad institutional setting... yeah. I have heard of cases where they just pulled people's teeth. Not because they were damaged, but because it was less work if they didn't have any. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back