1299 users online (232 members and 1067 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WI - Matthew Kruziki, 24, Hartland, Dec 2005

Hunt continues for son of Wisconsin marshal
    ...His father, William Kruziki, is U-S marshal for eastern Wisconsin. He fears his son had a -- quote -- "mental meltdown" over a recent death of a friend.

More: http://www.woi-tv.com/Global/story.a...00304&nav=1LFX
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Mississippi River connection??

His dad was the long-time sheriff in my county, and this must be a very difficult thing.

Also - just like to mention that this is ANOTHER young college-ageish man, who disappears after a night of drinking, and who was drinking near the mississippi river.

Anyone who would like to know more about the coincidence or lack thereof can google Jared Dion and La Crosse.

The son of the U.S. marshal in Milwaukee mysteriously disappeared after a dispute early Christmas Eve in an Illinois bar close to the Mississippi River, prompting a large-scale manhunt that continued Thursday.

The marshal, William Kruziki, said Thursday that a police officer in East Dubuque, Ill., was the last person known to have seen his son as Matthew Kruziki, 24, of Hartland walked away from the tavern.

In the days before his disappearance, Matthew Kruziki had been working for a non-profit organization in several communities throughout Iowa, said William Kruziki, a former Waukesha County sheriff who arrived in East Dubuque on Christmas Day.

Matthew Kruziki and a friend, whom William Kruziki knew only as "Curtis," were en route to a community just north of Des Moines, Iowa, on Dec. 23 when they decided to stop driving and stay overnight at a hotel in Dubuque, Iowa. The Mississippi River separates the city from East Dubuque, Ill.

The two were at a bar early Christmas Eve in East Dubuque when Matthew Kruziki was ordered out by the bar's staff after a disagreement over his tab. Bar staff didn't let him get his jacket.

He remained outside the bar for a period, which prompted the bar staff to call police.

"They didn't want him hanging around out front," William Kruziki said.

An officer arrived and questioned Matthew Kruziki, who was cooperative. The officer told him to return to his hotel.

His friend, Curtis, stayed at the bar and returned a few hours later to the hotel where they stayed. By late Saturday morning, the friend called police to inquire about Matthew Kruziki's whereabouts.

The next day, William Kruziki traveled from his home in Waukesha to East Dubuque to search for his son. He posted missing-person fliers at places his son might have visited, including colleges where he looked for recruits.
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/gen/dec05/381412.asp
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

http://www.kcrg.com/article.aspx?art...054&cat_id=123

Father Calls in Fellow Officers to Search for Missing Son
    Saturday, December 31, 2005, 12:06:34 AM

By Katie Wiedemann
    KCRG-TV9 News

(East Dubuque, IL KCRG) -- A Wisconsin family is calling in help from three states to find their missing son. 24-year-old Matthew Kruziki was last seen early Christmas Eve morning in East Dubuque, Illinois. After several days of searching there's still no sign. Matt's father, Bill Kruziki is a United States Marshal. Friday he rallied the help of dozens of fellow law enforcement officers to help search for his missing son.

More than 50 law enforcement officers are voluntarily giving up their holiday weekend to search for Matt Kruziki.It can all be summed up by one reason according to Lieutenant Jeffery Greb, of the Wauzeka County Sherriff's Department. Greb said, "There was no decision to be made. One of our family members is missing and we need to be here for him." Among this search team are United States Marshals from *****

*********CONTINUED

Ground search fails to find missing son of Wis. marshal

Police and volunteers ended a ground search of this Mississippi River town Friday without finding the missing son of the U.S. marshal for eastern Wisconsin.

Matthew Kruziki, 24, of Hartland, Wis., was last seen early on the morning of Dec. 24 outside an East Dubuque tavern, police said.

William Kruziki, who heads the marshal's office in Milwaukee and is a former Waukesha County, Wis., sheriff, has helped with search efforts for his son.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Just to stir the waters a little more - it's not uncommon that the last contact some of these young men had with anyone was police officers. Sorry to run off on a far-fetched conspiracy theory, but it's just such a similar thing... I hope that that the river has nothing to do with it, and that Matt is safe.

Ang, is this a college town?

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Ang, is this a college town?
    Dubuque, where the hotel was, is a college town. East Dubuque, where the bar was, is not. But it makes me wonder if they're close enough - because the guys were said to have walked from one town to the other. Maybe East Dubuque has a main street with lots of bars, and people regularly cross over to drink??

Looking at internet searches, East Dubuque is in the corner of WI, IL and IA, in IL. It's just over the river from Dubuque, IA. (and probably an hour or so south of La Crosse, WI)

Loras, Clarke and the University of Dubuque enroll a total of about 4,000 students annually, while Northeast Iowa Community College welcomes 2,583 students at its Dubuque and Peosta campuses.

From accessdubuque.com

BTW - I used to live in a small town on the Mississippi/St. Croix, and the bars/riverfront were all close together like in La Crosse. I've never heard of anyone drowning there...

The reason I asked, is there seems to be a pattern. Young men, usually associated with a college. Out drinking at a bar one night, and then they are usually found in the river. It happens in various parts of the country, and LE has not acknowleged any pattern to it. Various theories have been tossed around here, but nothing concrete.
    Wonder if there was a big game at the college that week, or some other type of get together?

The reason I asked, is there seems to be a pattern. Young men, usually associated with a college. Out drinking at a bar one night, and then they are usually found in the river. It happens in various parts of the country, and LE has not acknowleged any pattern to it. Various theories have been tossed around here, but nothing concrete.
    Wonder if there was a big game at the college that week, or some other type of get together?
    Yes, that's what I'm getting at. And this case will be particularly interesting as this is the SECOND young man in 2 years from my county to die in this type of incident. Jared Dion, who drowned in La Crosse, was the first. Since both men were in different towns, I don't think the hometown is any kind of connection, but the river sure is.

Since this man's dad is very well-connected to LE, and is in LE himself, the outcome will be interesting for that reason, and to see if Dad thinks there is a link if his son is found in the river.

Anyone who is new to this can get a good background from this site...

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k...sin/index.html

Another day of searching with the same disappointing results. East Dubuque police and fire continued their search for Matthew Kruziki of Hartland, Wisconsin. He was last seen a week ago on Christmas Eve in an East Dubuque bar.

It was a search that was supposed to start at the boat ramp in East Dubuque, but plans quickly changed and search crews made their way over to the marina. Police Chief, Steve O'Connell says, "This is an area of interest for us down here because of the terrain and such. So were working this area as much as we can and we'll see what this produces and if it doesn't then we'll regroup and see where we'll go from there."

This search was much smaller than last Friday's when dozens of volunteers combed the hilly terrain looking for Kruziki. "The train is a problem. The rain is a problem. The good thing is we are in a small town where the people really care," says Bill Kruziki, Mathew's father.

One similarity to Friday's search was the use of specially trained police dogs. The dogs took to the banks of the river as well as the ice looking any trace of the missing man. "We started out with the intentions of just doing a canine search. We've got six canines, Bloodhound, Mallomars, German Shepards, different varieties. They're all trained for human scent," says Chief O'Connell.
    http://www.kwwl.com/Global/story.asp?S=4307232&nav=2Ifu

An aerial search in this Mississippi River town Thursday failed to find the missing son of a federal law enforcement official for eastern Wisconsin.
    http://www.lacrossetribune.com/artic.../4marshall.txt

The reason I asked, is there seems to be a pattern. Young men, usually associated with a college. Out drinking at a bar one night, and then they are usually found in the river. It happens in various parts of the country, and LE has not acknowleged any pattern to it.
    i agree. i wish LE would see this obvious pattern. I'm sure they don't want to cause "panic" though.

What pattern.........

LE would have to determine how many of the College students who go drinking each night in the USA compared to breaking it down from the total from each state. Then from that entire total, they would have to break it down for each occurance. So in one state you may have 250K students who go drinking and one death.

So there is no pattern, but I can see how these deaths happen when you have young, inexperienced drinkers, getting hammered, walking out of a bar, drunk, lack of judgement and fall into a nearby body of water.

When they fall into the water, it is not like they "suddenly" sober up, they are still drunk.......,the water is cold and it is dark and to add a factor they may not be able to get out of the water before hypothermia sets in.

The common factor is that all of these students are young, male, drinking and then walking home or otherwise.

If you have not noticed young, drunk males don't exactly show the best judgement.......

I do see these type of deaths as "death by misadventure" or accidential.

It has happened in Canada also, do you think that these "murderers" have crossed our border and are stalking young, drunk males too?

A man staggers down the street, near a body of water, his brain is not working propertly due to excessive booze, he "thinks" the water is farther then it is and then all it takes is one step......heck in the state of mind of a young person who is very drunk, they may even "think" they want to go for a swim. Who knows what drunk people think...........

Young extremely drunk men are not exactly the most responsible also.....

So if someone could provide me with the following stats: How many young males go out drinking on any given night in the USA, and how many of those men on that particular night die by drowning.

I don't see any patter except with the behaviour of these young men......

I think the point in this story is that the young man recently went through something disturbing. It's been running through his mind. Then you get alcohol into the equation. 1 + 1 = 2.

1 = depressant. You have the depressing scenario that weighs on your mind and the depressant of alcohol combining with it.

2 usually equals, in this case, suicide.

That is a pattern. That is the only pattern I've been seeing lately with young college kids, male or female, killing themselves. Whether it be pills, alcohol or whatever type of depressant they use for the "1".
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Are there not services available on campus, like the services of a mental health counsellor, peer advisor, medical clinic, friends, RA, professors or others.

I would think that is suicide is a common problem on campus, it should be addressed.

It is not a young person "suddenly" decides to commit suicide. There are usually warming signs...........

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast