AL AL - John Hyde, 39, Montevallo, 4 May 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Family of man who went missing in Shelby County holding candlelight vigil[/h]
John Adam Hyde was last seen by family members on May 4. His car was found shortly after at ‘the slab’ in Shelby County. Right now, the family tells CBS42 they have few answers as to what happened to him.

Wednesday is his 40th birthday.
Amy Hyde is the twin sister of John Adam Hyde. This is the first birthday she’ll have to celebrate without her brother and without knowing what happened to him.
“It doesn’t look like it wasn’t foul play let’s put it that way, it’s just too many things have led me to believe there’s something amiss,” said Charles Robbins, Hyde’s brother-in-law.

The family is offering a $500 reward for any information about Hyde’s whereabouts.
The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office is investigating.
Wednesday’s candelight vigil will be at the Church that God Built parking lot in Montevallo at 6 p.m.
http://wiat.com/2017/07/05/family-o...g-in-shelby-county-holding-candlelight-vigil/

a $500 reward? Really?

Also, he was last seen at "the slab" that just sounds shady.. but the article doesn't elaborate on what "the slab" is. Perhaps Hyde was up to some nefarious activity?

His picture from an older article:
missing-man-shelby-co.png

http://wiat.com/2017/05/16/missing-...slab-shelby-co-sheriffs-office-investigating/

a $500 reward? Really?

Also, he was last seen at "the slab" that just sounds shady.. but the article doesn't elaborate on what "the slab" is.

RSBM.

Just to clarify, I don't think he was seen there. The articles say his car was found there after he went missing. I'm not from there but from googling it appears that "the slab" is a park/river area: http://www.cahabariver.net/oslab.htm

Wednesday is his 40th birthday.

Amy Hyde is the twin sister of John Adam Hyde. This is the first birthday she’ll have to celebrate without her brother and without knowing what happened to him.

“It’s hard, but I’ve been trying to take it day by day it’s just really hard for me,” said Amy.

On Hyde’s 40th birthday, the family is holding a candlelight vigil, hoping to keep a spotlight on his story and unveil new leads in the case. It’s a case they say isn’t adding up.

“It doesn’t look like it wasn’t foul play let’s put it that way, it’s just too many things have led me to believe there’s something amiss,” said Charles Robbins, Hyde’s brother-in-law.

http://wiat.com/2017/07/05/family-o...g-in-shelby-county-holding-candlelight-vigil/

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

it doesn't look like it wasn't foul play? Such an odd sentence. Double negatives. Hmmm. Why not just says it looks like foul play? Regardless, I hope John is ok somewhere and his family gets the answers they need soon.

it doesn't look like it wasn't foul play? Such an odd sentence. Double negatives. Hmmm. Why not just says it looks like foul play? Regardless, I hope John is ok somewhere and his family gets the answers they need soon.
He's been missing for too long. I hope they've checked the river. If it took them 10 days to find his car at the old slab, I'm worried. Montevallo is small. Most people know each other, or have at least heard of them. I can't believe he hasn't been found. Prayers for the family.

In statement analysis, this would be marked as an indicator of possible deception (lying). I had noticed it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“We found somebody that actually saw him on May 6, but that was the last anybody ever saw of him,” said his brother-in-law Charles Robbins.

On May 11, they reported him missing to the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office and the search began.

“It was on Mother’s Day we found his car. That gave us an area to start searching,” said Robbins.

The car was at the slab in Shelby County — a place Hyde had been before — but Robbins believes he didn’t leave there of his own free will.

“There was things that was left in his car that when we found it, that didn’t add up. I mean, he was a chain smoker, and his smokes and stuff were in the car,” explained Robbins. “He was very particular about his car and didn’t leave the windows down, didn’t leave it unlocked, which… it was unlocked and the windows were down.”

When no new leads surfaced, the family decided to hire a private investigator and search the area themselves.

“We brought in some cadaver dogs from the North Alabama Search and Rescue Team, and all those leads kind of went dry on us there,” he said.

http://wiat.com/2017/06/29/family-asks-publics-help-locating-missing-shelby-county-man/

except that he meant to say it ... it wasnèt a freudian slip

In statement analysis, this would be marked as an indicator of possible deception (lying). I had noticed it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No new news in internet land. Hope he is ok.

Sheriff's Office Continues Search In 2 Missing Persons Cases

Two missing persons cases from 2017 are still being investigated by the Shelby County Sheriff's Office. The Sheriff's Office posted on social media last week that the search for John Adam Hyde - missing since May of 2017 - and Steve Jerome Vick - missing since October of 2017 - are still ongoing.

[...]

John Adam Hyde – The Charley Project

John Adam Hyde

hyde_john.jpg
hyde_john2.jpg
hyde_john3.jpg
hyde_john4.jpg

Missing Since 05/06/2017
Missing From Montevallo, Alabama
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Male
Race White
Date of Birth 07/05/1977 (42)
Age 39 years old
Height and Weight 5'9, 175 - 220 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Hyde smokes cigarettes.

Details of Disappearance
Hyde was last seen on May 6, 2017, when he attended a wedding in Montevallo, Alabama. He missed an appointment with the Social Security Administration on May 11, and has never been heard from again.

Hyde's family reported him missing on May 14, and that same day, his vehicle was found abandoned near the Slab, a site in the Pea Ridge area off Shelby County Road 10, along the Cahaba River, in Montevallo. The car was unlocked and the window was rolled down, and Hyde had left his cigarettes behind. His family believes he was taken against his will. His case remains unsolved.

His NamUs page: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back