Thread: TN - Lavera Chatman, 23, Birmingham, 24 Aug 2005

TN - Lavera Chatman, 23, Birmingham, 24 Aug 2005

Body found in Ala. identified as Memphis woman
    BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) The decomposed body of a woman found this week was identified as that of a Memphis woman missing since Aug. 24, police said.

Lavera Chatman, 23, was last seen leaving a strip club early that morning in Birmingham, where she was visiting with friends. Her death is being considered a homicide, although police did not reveal a specific cause.

More: http://www.al.com/newsflash/regional...st=alabamanews

I wonder if this is the crime of a serial killer?
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Lavera Chatman, 23, was last seen leaving a strip club early that morning in Birmingham, where she was visiting with friends. Her death is being considered a homicide, although police did not reveal a specific cause.

Chatman's friends told police that she left the club with strangers and her family filed a missing person report when they returned to Memphis without her.

I hope someone at that club knows who the strangers are. Single women have to be so careful in this day and age. So often women take a ride with a stranger and they are never seen again or are found dead....like this gal and Julie P. plus many more. We don't live in a safe world.

Because Chatman was an adult, and there was no obvious evidence of foul play, her disappearance went virtually unnoticed until her body was found this week.

http://www.al.com/search/index.ssf?/...ws?nmet&coll=2

Sad. Seems LE really dropped the ball on this one. Four months has passed with little effort put into the case of this poor girls disapperance/murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Raine
    Because Chatman was an adult, and there was no obvious evidence of foul play, her disappearance went virtually unnoticed until her body was found this week.

http://www.al.com/search/index.ssf?/...ws?nmet&coll=2

Sad. Seems LE really dropped the ball on this one. Four months has passed with little effort put into the case of this poor girls disapperance/murder.

"Because Chatman was an adult!!!!!!" That sure says a lot doesn't it. Didn't she have any family that were pushing for her to be found? When someone
    doesn't normally leave home for weeks on end....if they have a job that they attend daily...if their being gone isn't normal for them...you can pretty well figure that something is wrong. She was only 23 yrs. Where did everyone think she was for pity sake? If no one was pushing LE they probably really put the case aside. It is really sad.

Body identified as missing Memphis woman

Her death is being considered a homicide, although police did not reveal a specific cause.
    She has likely been dead for more than four months, Sgt. Cory Hardiman said. "Based on her condition," he said, "I would assume she was killed at the time, or shortly after, she left the club."
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....0324/1017/NEWS
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Do you suppose that the governor of Tennessee is going to call for a boycott of Birmingham?

Quote Originally Posted by luthersmama
    Do you suppose that the governor of Tennessee is going to call for a boycott of Birmingham?
    They just found her body this week. Geesh.....give them a chance to investigate the crime scene, wait for autopsy results, talk to her family and friends, etc.

LE in Birmingham is not corrupt like the LE in Aruba.....