716 users online (102 members and 614 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Ben Lund, 19, Killeen, 13 June 2005

Killeen police and a Houston investigative firm continue to search for an Elkhart teen who has been missing since the summer.

Ben Lund, 19, was last seen at a Harker Heights H-E-B grocery store wearing blue jeans and a white T-shirt on June 13, according to investigator Lance Lowry of Lowry & Associates, the Houston firm enlisted by Lund's family to find their son.

Lund's 1999 Nissan Sentra was found four days later, abandoned on the 1900 block of Wood Avenue in Killeen, said Killeen Police Department spokeswoman Carroll Smith.

More: http://www.wacotrib.com/news/content...icereport.html
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 04-10-2010 at 12:03 PM.

I shop at that HEB all the time. I remember when they found the car. Wood Ave is not in a good area of town. The 1900 block is duplexes. My sons call that area crack city. I don't think this boy drove there on his own. I don't even show homes in that area unless one of my sons is with me. I'm glad his family has a PI working on the case, sad to say I don't have a lot of confidence in KPD solving this case.

This boy has been missing for almost 7 months....not good. Sounds like someone either yanked him out of his car and then drove the car to that bad part of town or something like that. I wonder if they will ever be able to prove that the person he had had trouble with was involved....if he was. His poor parents.

This is sad, and the first I am hearing about this.... The holidays must have been rough for his family. Thanks for the info SadieMae

bumping for ben.

He hasn't been found yet, as far as I know.

His family is offering a 10,000 reward.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/missi...njaminLund.pdf

I found Ben's Mother Beth's blog, describing the circumstances surrounding Ben's disappearance:

http://peace4missing.ning.com/profile/BethLund

I'm praying he comes home soon...
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Billboard

They have put up a billboard on Veteran Memorial for Ben. When I saw his billboard it was the first that I had ever heard of his case. Just too much unknown.

Where on Veteren's BLVD is it located allison?

I know the area well, we were at Hood for nine years. 2000-2009.

I didn't hear about Ben either until the year before we left.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Where on Veteren's BLVD is it located allison?

I know the area well, we were at Hood for nine years. 2000-2009.

I didn't hear about Ben either until the year before we left.

The billboard is pretty close to WS Young. If you turn right at the Hastings it is a bit further down.
    I have been looking around the internet for some more info on this case since this is the first time that I have heard about it. Just really just the same write up on every site that I have looked at. It would be a good thing to look closer at his "friend" that he left with that night that returned without him. I see that looking at Beth's blog that they have gotten the run around from the KPD. They have/had a person that they wanted to interview pertaining to the disappearance but that is about all of the different info that is stated in her blog compared to any information that is avaliable on the internet.
    I lived in Temple at the time of his disappearance but never heard anything about it.
    Last edited by allisonand80; 09-03-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: add the comment about Beth's blog

We have another member here who's sister is missing from Killeen. She got the run around too. Big time IIRC.

Every great once in a while the Killeen Daily Herald will run an article about a few of the missing persons from the Killeen, Copperas Cove, Harker Heights (and Hood area) but not very often.

I think they should do it at least once a year. JMHO.

An awareness rally will be held Monday in Killeen for a man who disappeared in 2005.

Ben Lund was 20 at the time of his disappearance in June when he was seen leaving his apartment.

Lund's vehicle has since been recovered, but his whereabouts are still unknown.

http://www.kwtx.com/ourtown/headlines/132323363.html

Family still searching for missing son eight years later

http://www.kxxv.com/story/20932752/f...ht-years-later
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Lund Family Offers $15,000 For Information On Missing Son

http://www.kcentv.com/story/21539885...on-missing-son

Posted: Mar 06, 2013 10:54 PM EST
    Updated: Mar 06, 2013 10:54 PM EST
    By Amanda Kenney

How long would you search for your missing child? Beth and Craig Lund are going on eight years searching for their son, and have no plans on giving up. They hope a new reward will finally lead to information on their missing son Ben.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast