Thread: Autopsy reveals cocaine in baby girl that mother rolled on top of while sleeping

Autopsy reveals cocaine in baby girl that mother rolled on top of while sleeping

While conducting an autopsy on an East Alton infant, authorities discovered that the mother had passed cocaine to the baby through breast milk, police said Thursday.

Four-week-old Kendra Staggs died Aug. 15 when her mother rolled on top of her while sleeping in the same bed, said Maj. Darren Carlton of the East Alton Police Department.

More: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...B?OpenDocument
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

this isn't the same story that was posted a while back...

that was this one: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...ht=baby+breast
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

The article says that there wasn't enough cocaine in the infant's system to kill her. I hope they're not suggesting that the mother rolling over on her baby was a common accident? It was the mother's use of cocaine that caused her to do this. Many people say co-sleeping is dangerous, but unless a parent is on drugs or drunk, there is little danger in rolling over on a baby when co-sleeping.

I hope the other children have been taking out of the home. Crackhead moms don't always have the best judgement.

I agree that drugs and/or alcohol are usually involved in roll over type deaths, but it does happen in other cases as well. The truth is that there is simply no reason for an infant to be in bed with parents all night. Why take the chance?