1279 users online (189 members and 1090 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Video of woman thrown into van by man, Los Angeles, 5 July 2017

On July 5, 2017 at 12:30 p.m., in the 15000 block of El Cajon Street, LAPD Mission Division officers were notified of a kidnap investigation.

A video of the incident was located showing the victim talking with a heavyset male. A light blue Chrysler minivan, possibly a Town and Country Van was parked on the curb next to them. The female attempts to walk away, but the male follows her. He then opens the sliding door of the van as he continues to talk to her. The male grabs her by the hair and forcibly throws her inside the van. She tries to escape but he pushes her back inside the van. He then gets into the driver's seat and drives away with the victim still inside the van.

The female victim appears to be Hispanic, with long black hair, around 25 to 35 years old. The male is about 250 pounds, and around 30 to 35 years old. He is seen wearing a baseball cap that is turned backwards.
    http://www.lapdonline.org/newsroom/news_view/62633

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Did she throw something out of the van?
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

This is horrifying! After shoving her in the van, he's not even in any rush. He just walks slowly to the drivers side.

Quote Originally Posted by Dushi View Post
    I thought it was her shoe coming off, but on a second viewing of that, it looks like there is someone in the front passenger seat that threw something out!
    Last edited by anonypotomous; 07-06-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anonypotomous View Post
    I thought it was he shoe coming off, but on a second viewing of that, it looks like there is someone in the front passenger seat that threw something out!
    Yes!! It did come from the passenger seat
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

First, looks like there is a second person in the van, who unlocks the door for the driver. He tries to open the door then knocks on the front door and then opens the back door. Also, yes, I see he threw something. I wonder if he used a cloth soaked in something (chloroform?) and that is what he threw. He appears to show her something, which at first I thought was a phone, like asking for directions, but then I think it may have been a white cloth that maybe he held against her face. Terrifying totally. Also interesting that the last few ticks of the video clock are "sped up" for lack of a better term. He walks around to the driver's side and then the van seems to pull away so quickly, like he didn't even have time to enter but if you watch the clock you see several fragments of seconds are "missing".

ETA: no, you're right, whatever was thrown was probably trash and did come from the passenger area. I thought he was showing her something but on a fourth review, I think I was mistaken.
    Last edited by AzPistonsGirl; 07-06-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    When you have more than you need, build a longer table not a higher fence --Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dushi View Post
    At a point before actual contact, she appears to be holding a SODA CUP.

"Investigators believe the man and woman know each other, but a motive for the kidnapping has not yet been determined."

This was my feeling too since she stood quite close to him. Hope the man is quickly identified and that she's safe.

http://ktla.com/2017/07/05/police-se...n-sylmar-lapd/

The report that whitelilac has posted above has the video also.
    This one allowed me to view full screen
    Whatever was tossed out appears to be hard
    At the very least, there will be fingerprints

Rosemadderlake

omg this is terrifying
    the passenger definitely threw litter out ... looked like a soda bottle

Looking closer, it is a plastic water bottle with a neck on it in her right hand.

I saw something very similar irl once. Of course, I called police immediately! In my situation, it turned out to be a pimp/prostitute dispute.
    Could this be the case here?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsobrien View Post
    I saw something very similar irl once. Of course, I called police immediately! In my situation, it turned out to be a pimp/prostitute dispute.
    Could this be the case here?
    or a domestic situation? husband/boyfriend/ex? What's concerning is that this happened yesterday, and there's no update. Wonder where that camera is, and who reported this.

A van like that would certainly have child locks on the rear doors. Ugh.

No offense to the victim of course, but i'm wondering if this might be one of those drug-related incidents, everything is a possibility.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast