CA CA - Video of woman thrown into van by man, Los Angeles, 5 July 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
On July 5, 2017 at 12:30 p.m., in the 15000 block of El Cajon Street, LAPD Mission Division officers were notified of a kidnap investigation.

A video of the incident was located showing the victim talking with a heavyset male. A light blue Chrysler minivan, possibly a Town and Country Van was parked on the curb next to them. The female attempts to walk away, but the male follows her. He then opens the sliding door of the van as he continues to talk to her. The male grabs her by the hair and forcibly throws her inside the van. She tries to escape but he pushes her back inside the van. He then gets into the driver's seat and drives away with the victim still inside the van.

The female victim appears to be Hispanic, with long black hair, around 25 to 35 years old. The male is about 250 pounds, and around 30 to 35 years old. He is seen wearing a baseball cap that is turned backwards.
http://www.lapdonline.org/newsroom/news_view/62633

[video=youtube;00oybH6fFgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00oybH6fFgA[/video]

Did she throw something out of the van?

This is horrifying! After shoving her in the van, he's not even in any rush. He just walks slowly to the drivers side.

Did she throw something out of the van?

I thought it was her shoe coming off, but on a second viewing of that, it looks like there is someone in the front passenger seat that threw something out!

I thought it was he shoe coming off, but on a second viewing of that, it looks like there is someone in the front passenger seat that threw something out!

Yes!! It did come from the passenger seat

First, looks like there is a second person in the van, who unlocks the door for the driver. He tries to open the door then knocks on the front door and then opens the back door. Also, yes, I see he threw something. I wonder if he used a cloth soaked in something (chloroform?) and that is what he threw. He appears to show her something, which at first I thought was a phone, like asking for directions, but then I think it may have been a white cloth that maybe he held against her face. Terrifying totally. Also interesting that the last few ticks of the video clock are "sped up" for lack of a better term. He walks around to the driver's side and then the van seems to pull away so quickly, like he didn't even have time to enter but if you watch the clock you see several fragments of seconds are "missing".

ETA: no, you're right, whatever was thrown was probably trash and did come from the passenger area. I thought he was showing her something but on a fourth review, I think I was mistaken.

The report that whitelilac has posted above has the video also.
This one allowed me to view full screen
Whatever was tossed out appears to be hard
At the very least, there will be fingerprints

omg this is terrifying
the passenger definitely threw litter out ... looked like a soda bottle

Looking closer, it is a plastic water bottle with a neck on it in her right hand.

I saw something very similar irl once. Of course, I called police immediately! In my situation, it turned out to be a pimp/prostitute dispute.
Could this be the case here?

I saw something very similar irl once. Of course, I called police immediately! In my situation, it turned out to be a pimp/prostitute dispute.
Could this be the case here?

or a domestic situation? husband/boyfriend/ex? What's concerning is that this happened yesterday, and there's no update. Wonder where that camera is, and who reported this.

A van like that would certainly have child locks on the rear doors. Ugh.

No offense to the victim of course, but i'm wondering if this might be one of those drug-related incidents, everything is a possibility.

It looks like whatever was in her hand flew in the passenger side when he pushed her in and the passenger threw it back out. How scary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to me I watched before reading, and I thought she knew him right away. I am thinking that this is a bf / former bf and he looks like a gangster to me.

First, looks like there is a second person in the van, who unlocks the door for the driver. He tries to open the door then knocks on the front door and then opens the back door. Also, yes, I see he threw something. I wonder if he used a cloth soaked in something (chloroform?) and that is what he threw. He appears to show her something, which at first I thought was a phone, like asking for directions, but then I think it may have been a white cloth that maybe he held against her face. Terrifying totally. Also interesting that the last few ticks of the video clock are "sped up" for lack of a better term. He walks around to the driver's side and then the van seems to pull away so quickly, like he didn't even have time to enter but if you watch the clock you see several fragments of seconds are "missing".

ETA: no, you're right, whatever was thrown was probably trash and did come from the passenger area. I thought he was showing her something but on a fourth review, I think I was mistaken.

BBM -good catch - I thought he made it into the van amazingly quickly!

to me I watched before reading, and I thought she knew him right away. I am thinking that this is a bf / former bf and he looks like a gangster to me.

May I ask why do you think he looks like a gangsta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from watching the video, I think this girl knows her abductor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back