Fork stuck in girl's head

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Indianapolis, December 29 - Lennis Dean can't stop thinking about her great-granddaughter.

"She's an outgoing child. She likes dancing. She likes to swim," said Dean.

But right now 11 year old Meghan Butler, a star pupil at Holy Angels Catholic School, is fighting for her life. The news still seems hard to believe to the great grandmother who helped raise her.

"It was a horrible, horrible feeling. I hope you never have to experience it."

More: http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=4297688

gardenmom said:
I pray this little girl survives this accident.
me too. Maybe news of the weird wasn't the best place to put this :(
How terrible. You never think about something like this.

I'm praying she pulls through this without any serious brain damage. I bet her brother feels horrible about this happening. Poor kid.

PrettyGirlMe said:
How did the fork get stuck in her head?

from the link above:

It happened Tuesday afternoon near a bench in the courtyard of an apartment complex on Indianapolis' near east side. Meghan's 10 year old stepbrother was swinging a campfire roasting fork, when the handle came apart and the sharp metal flew out and lodged in Meghan's forehead.

:( That is so sad! I pray this little girl pulls through just fine. How horrible for her parents.

Indianapolis, Feb. 28 - The clapping, cheers and enthusiastic welcome back were a bit overwhelming for 11-year-old Meghan Butler. Just two months ago a bone flap was removed from her right side to relieve swelling after a grilling fork pierced her forehead and lodged six inches deep.

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=8945

The link takes me to a "we're sorry" page from the newspaper, but I'm glad she survived... I'm sure by now (over a year later) she's doing great again. :woohoo:

Thank goodness!!!!

We had something happen similar when I was a child with my sister and I-----that poor little boy is going to carry it around forever. My thoughts will be with both of them.

Poor little girl....she's got such a sweet smile!!! Prayers for Meghan!!!!

from the link above:

It happened Tuesday afternoon near a bench in the courtyard of an apartment complex on Indianapolis' near east side. Meghan's 10 year old stepbrother was swinging a campfire roasting fork, when the handle came apart and the sharp metal flew out and lodged in Meghan's forehead.

Happened to us camping only the fork stuck in a tree and not someone's head. One of the kids was swinging the fork around on that little strap on the handle and the thing just came apart.

What a little sweetheart. All she's been through and she worries about her brother and mother.

God bless her and I hope she continues to improve.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss
Back