1296 users online (190 members and 1106 guests)  

Websleuths News

CARIIS is online now "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?

Ethics director Walter Shaub quits -conflicts of interest being ignored by admin

From him

-Trump's trust is "not even halfway blind," Shaub said at Brookings. "His sons are still running the businesses, and, of course, he knows what he owns."

--
    Since Trump began naming appointees following the November election, the ethics office has been racing to keep up with the workload. That involves reviewing appointees' financial information

--during the six months between October 2008 and March 2009, as the Obama presidency was taking shape, it got 733 public contacts,

--October 2016 to March 2017 period in the Trump era, it was swamped with 39,105 contacts

-
    Trump's plan for avoiding conflicts of interest "doesn't meet the standards that the best of his nominees are meeting and that every president in the past four decades has met."

-
    Trump's refusal to divest his businesses and the administration's delay in disclosing ethics waivers for appointees.

--
    attorney

--
    Shaub has been sharply critical of Trump's approach to ethics compliance since the election.

--
    Trump had not promised total divestiture.

--

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/06/535781749/ethics-office-director-walter-shaub-resigns-saying-rules-need-to-be-tougher

When is enough enough already?

I think he will be a talker!! Delicious

Last edited by CARIIS; 07-06-2017 at 11:48 PM.
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!

CARIIS is online now "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!