894 users online (94 members and 800 guests)  

Websleuths News

CARIIS is online now "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?

WH Warns CNN -Critical Coverage Could Cost Time Warner Its Merger

It is just out of control

DID THE WHITE HOUSE JUST USE THE TIME WARNER-AT&T DEAL TO THREATEN CN…

White House could use AT&T/Time Warner deal as “leverage” against CNN

Donald Trump was elected, hardly a day goes by in which the president of the United States doesn’t vent online at whoever happens to have earned his ire. While his targets have ranged from Hillary Clinton to Nordstrom, the mayor of London to Arnold Schwarzenegger and the entire Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the bulk of his anger has been reserved for those purveyors of “FAKE NEWS” in the lying, liberal media. Publications from The New York Times to The Washington Post to Vanity Fair have all been on the receiving end of the president’s all-caps criticism, as have the co-hosts of MSNBC’s Morning Joe, who were recently treated to a pair of tweetsreferring to them as “psycho Joe” and “low I.Q. Mika.” But perhaps no news network has received as much attention from Trump as CNN, whose relationship with the former Apprentice host took a uniquely bizarre turn over the weekend when the president tweeted a video of himself pummeling a man with CNN’s logo superimposed over his face.
    CNN has walked a delicate tightrope in its efforts to report with fairness and accurac

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/...-warner-merger

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...warner-merger/
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!

Pretty much. However expect more of the same. Nothing more will come of it. It seems everyone that can do something directly about this is complacent in letting it just go on and on with no end in sight. I like to put it best like this. During the election I asked someone what would "The Angry Orange" have to do to loose their support. I mean we all have lines of something going too far. I also understand that these lines shift but I'm getting at the this is just too far. This is a no go zone. I want to know the bedrock bottom. Well. Many said this or that or the other thing. Oddly. Many couldn't come to an answer. Some who had an answer their lines have been crossed. Some long ago. Yet many, but not all still support him. I'm really unsure why. I'm even less sure what if anything it would take for him to lose his base or for that matter GOP support. I remember some people recalling that he was like Ronald Regan. I choose to believe President Regan is rolling over in his grave. I don't think any former president of the United States could in all honesty or would support this clown 🤡 with all the scandalous behavior and investigations and even the social media lashing out at the target de jour. I can't even imagine our founding fathers agreeing or wanting things of this nature to go on. Had they seen this coming I think that they might have never opened the can of worms we call the American revolution. King George would have just kept power until we as a nation decides a better or at the very least different path. Only time will tell how our history books will view this imbacil and how deep the rabbit hole is. The office of the president has never been so attacked at least in my memory but the following presidents will have a much harder time in the office. Think of the old tale of one bad apple spoils the bunch. Or you ruin it and you ruin it for everyone. That seems to hope truer than ever before. The most Noble office in the land of the free has been desecrated and won't soon rise from the ashes. If and I do say if. If it ever can. The check and balances have never been so tested and thrown out of wack. But that's what happens when you have a wack-a-noodle playing president.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

CARIIS is online now "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?
    A stunning post just amazing TY!!

Quote Originally Posted by physco219 View Post
    Pretty much. However expect more of the same. Nothing more will come of it. It seems everyone that can do something directly about this is complacent in letting it just go on and on with no end in sight. I like to put it best like this. During the election I asked someone what would "The Angry Orange" have to do to loose their support. I mean we all have lines of something going too far. I also understand that these lines shift but I'm getting at the this is just too far. This is a no go zone. I want to know the bedrock bottom. Well. Many said this or that or the other thing. Oddly. Many couldn't come to an answer. Some who had an answer their lines have been crossed. Some long ago. Yet many, but not all still support him. I'm really unsure why. I'm even less sure what if anything it would take for him to lose his base or for that matter GOP support. I remember some people recalling that he was like Ronald Regan. I choose to believe President Regan is rolling over in his grave. I don't think any former president of the United States could in all honesty or would support this clown 嵐 with all the scandalous behavior and investigations and even the social media lashing out at the target de jour. I can't even imagine our founding fathers agreeing or wanting things of this nature to go on. Had they seen this coming I think that they might have never opened the can of worms we call the American revolution. King George would have just kept power until we as a nation decides a better or at the very least different path. Only time will tell how our history books will view this imbacil and how deep the rabbit hole is. The office of the president has never been so attacked at least in my memory but the following presidents will have a much harder time in the office. Think of the old tale of one bad apple spoils the bunch. Or you ruin it and you ruin it for everyone. That seems to hope truer than ever before. The most Noble office in the land of the free has been desecrated and won't soon rise from the ashes. If and I do say if. If it ever can. The check and balances have never been so tested and thrown out of wack. But that's what happens when you have a wack-a-noodle playing president.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!

Bush did a lot of unfortunate things although he had decorum.

I cannot imagine we would go for another idiocracy nation.

Minnesota had the incredibly idiotic Jesse Ventura as Gov and he was not reelected. It is amusing for awhile for some but when the truth hits, it is over.

Jesse alienated everyone with his nasty attacks. Why Trump has floowers from those he disses is beyond me.

The worst are the women. He has dissed women for not being attractive . And all of these truly unattracitve women fawn over him. It stuns me.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Bush did a lot of unfortunate things although he had decorum.

I cannot imagine we would go for another idiocracy nation.

Minnesota had the incredibly idiotic Jesse Ventura as Gov and he was not reelected. It is amusing for awhile for some but when the truth hits, it is over.

Jesse alienated everyone with his nasty attacks. Why Trump has floowers from those he disses is beyond me.

The worst are the women. He has dissed women for not being attractive . And all of these truly unattracitve women fawn over him. It stuns me.
    It doesn't surprise me at all. Internalized misogyny is super detrimental to a woman's mental well being and it's rampant. It's cultivated by society to pit women against other women, so when someone in power or authority like 45 starts attacking women for their looks, it provokes this internal urge in a lot of women to take his side so as to NOT be seen as the enemy.

It can also be a case of "it doesn't relate to me because I'm not like her so it's ok" kind of feelings. AND if a man is disparaging another woman, the whole "the negative focus is on her and not me so let's keep it on her."

This society is so messed up when it comes to women haha

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1307...everyday-lives

https://www.buzzfeed.com/natalyaloba...NN#.vl4VKqNqNN

Anyway, that's all kind of off topic so I'll stop there so as not to get another thread closed.
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

"gangs"

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    It doesn't surprise me at all. Internalized misogyny is super detrimental to a woman's mental well being and it's rampant. It's cultivated by society to pit women against other women, so when someone in power or authority like 45 starts attacking women for their looks, it provokes this internal urge in a lot of women to take his side so as to NOT be seen as the enemy.

It can also be a case of "it doesn't relate to me because I'm not like her so it's ok" kind of feelings. AND if a man is disparaging another woman, the whole "the negative focus is on her and not me so let's keep it on her."

This society is so messed up when it comes to women haha

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1307...everyday-lives

https://www.buzzfeed.com/natalyaloba...NN#.vl4VKqNqNN

Anyway, that's all kind of off topic so I'll stop there so as not to get another thread closed.
    This is very interesting. Maybe the next time Trump disparages a woman over her appearance, etc, and he will, we can start thread on this topic of misogyny.

Quote Originally Posted by simba16 View Post
    This is very interesting. Maybe the next time Trump disparages a woman over her appearance, etc, and he will, we can start thread on this topic of misogyny.
    That is a great idea. There would be a LOT to cover!

OMG...DC is going to run out of lawyers.

Investigation of Trump Administration Actions and the AT&T-Time Warner Merger
    Trump Administration Official Bragged About Using Merger to Pressure CNN

Washington, DC – Non-partisan ethics watchdog American Oversight today opened an investigation into the Trump administration’s handling of the proposed merger between Time Warner and AT&T. While the approval process is supposed to be removed from political influence, Trump administration officials have reportedly considered using the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) antitrust authority to retaliate against Time Warner as part of the president’s ongoing feud with its subsidiary, CNN.

Final approval for the merger between the two media companies would have to be approved by officials at the DOJ, including senior political appointees in the Office of the Attorney General as well as the Antitrust Division.

“The idea that the president would subvert antitrust laws to attempt to control the media is a stunning abuse of power. It not only strikes at the core of our constitutional right to free speech, it also undermines our system of free enterprise,” said American Oversight Executive Director Austin Evers. “Even if the White House has not contacted DOJ directly to interfere with the merger, Trump’s advisers are clearly trying to influence the outcome.”
    https://www.americanoversight.org/ne...-warner-merger

How many times can this jackass break the law before someone stops him?

Quote Originally Posted by jamiect View Post
    OMG...DC is going to run out of lawyers.

Investigation of Trump Administration Actions and the AT&T-Time Warner Merger
    Trump Administration Official Bragged About Using Merger to Pressure CNN

Washington, DC – Non-partisan ethics watchdog American Oversight today opened an investigation into the Trump administration’s handling of the proposed merger between Time Warner and AT&T. While the approval process is supposed to be removed from political influence, Trump administration officials have reportedly considered using the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) antitrust authority to retaliate against Time Warner as part of the president’s ongoing feud with its subsidiary, CNN.

Final approval for the merger between the two media companies would have to be approved by officials at the DOJ, including senior political appointees in the Office of the Attorney General as well as the Antitrust Division.

“The idea that the president would subvert antitrust laws to attempt to control the media is a stunning abuse of power. It not only strikes at the core of our constitutional right to free speech, it also undermines our system of free enterprise,” said American Oversight Executive Director Austin Evers. “Even if the White House has not contacted DOJ directly to interfere with the merger, Trump’s advisers are clearly trying to influence the outcome.”
    https://www.americanoversight.org/ne...-warner-merger
    Good to hear. Thanks for the post. I'm so tired of this hoodlum president.