Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Murderer, Selfish, Liar

I can't say I know Darlies' motive for killing her babies, but what I can say is that whatever she was feeling or thinking that night, whether she had rowed with Darrin, or was feeling unloved, unwanted, worried about finances or whatever, she proved herself to be the definition of many things: murderer, selfish, liar, and I'm sure you'll all add to that!

Whatever her problems were that night, they could have been resolved, if it was financial she could have downsized her house, if it was Darrin, she could have kicked him to the kerb, life does go on after divorce! Killing her children was NOT the answer as we all know, but her materialistic and selfish nature told her otherwise.......

As a mother myself I am a firm believer of 'my children come first', whether this is everyone elses opinion or not, that is the way I am, I say this becase I have a friend who disagrees with me.

I was once in a position between my marriages whereby it was very hard to 'make ends meet', lying awake at night worrying where the next meal was coming come from. But..... what I am saying is my first and foremost priority was always my children as I am sure it would be the same with you all.

As down as I was at times, it never ever entered my head to harm my children to get out of the rut I was in, quite the opposite; I put myself last, after the children. There must be thousands of Mums out there who have been in a 'not so comfortable position' and I'll bet killing their babies never entered their heads.
    In fact my husband has a saying about me; 'Kick the kids and Tracey limps'

For as long as I live I could never ever comprehend a mother who could harm a hair on her childrens head, never mind kill them. I know this does happen where the Mum is mentally ill, but Darlie hasn't been diagnosed as mentally ill has she?

I am sorry if this sounded like a bit of a biography but today I am feeling really angry with Darlie and wish I could visit her and tell her what I think!! There...... I've finished now!!

All of us who have followed this case have had those same thoughts. I thinkk mental illness does play a part in many cases where the parent murders a child, but evil is all that was involved here. Evil and pure selfishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Duffield
    I can't say I know Darlies' motive for killing her babies, but what I can say is that whatever she was feeling or thinking that night, whether she had rowed with Darrin, or was feeling unloved, unwanted, worried about finances or whatever, she proved herself to be the definition of many things: murderer, selfish, liar, and I'm sure you'll all add to that!

Whatever her problems were that night, they could have been resolved, if it was financial she could have downsized her house, if it was Darrin, she could have kicked him to the kerb, life does go on after divorce! Killing her children was NOT the answer as we all know, but her materialistic and selfish nature told her otherwise.......

As a mother myself I am a firm believer of 'my children come first', whether this is everyone elses opinion or not, that is the way I am, I say this becase I have a friend who disagrees with me.

I was once in a position between my marriages whereby it was very hard to 'make ends meet', lying awake at night worrying where the next meal was coming come from. But..... what I am saying is my first and foremost priority was always my children as I am sure it would be the same with you all.

As down as I was at times, it never ever entered my head to harm my children to get out of the rut I was in, quite the opposite; I put myself last, after the children. There must be thousands of Mums out there who have been in a 'not so comfortable position' and I'll bet killing their babies never entered their heads.

For as long as I live I could never ever comprehend a mother who could harm a hair on her childrens head, never mind kill them. I know this does happen where the Mum is mentally ill, but Darlie hasn't been diagnosed as mentally ill has she?

I am sorry if this sounded like a bit of a biography but today I am feeling really angry with Darlie and wish I could visit her and tell her what I think!! There...... I've finished now!!
    Good post Tracey. Don't worry about the bio. We all run on about ourselves on here. It's a good way to get a better look at Darlie's mothering skills.
    Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Quote Originally Posted by beesy
    Good post Tracey. Don't worry about the bio. We all run on about ourselves on here. It's a good way to get a better look at Darlie's mothering skills.
    Thank you Beesy, just didn't want to be sending any of you to sleep! Zzzzzzzzzz

Excellent post. However, you sound unselfish and sane. I don't think Darlie had those qualities. She put herself first always. JMO

You mentioned down sizing the house. First of all, it wasn't that big. Second, the house was fairly cheap. Nice houses are a dime a dozen here in Texas. I think it was something to do with Darin. To get even??....for what I don't know. Maybe she was jealous of the attention fathers show their sons. (I am just throwing stuff out here.) Maybe JDP has hit the nail on the head. Maybe she is just a few fries short of a happy meal. However, I don't think she was going to kick Darin anywhere. She needed him because it appears he worshiped her. He thought the moon and stars were here for her pleasure. Nope....he wasn't going to go anywhere. Those two did those kids. Plain and simple. I think we here at WS have a hard time figuring them out because we all try to think like NORMAL people. We try to put ourselves in her place and think...now why would I have done that if I were her....or what would ever make me do such a thing? And there lies the problem! None of us would do such a horrible thing....heck, I don't even think such a thing would EVER CROSS OUR MINDS. That is why I believe we are always left with the...what the H*LL really went on in that house?

Quote Originally Posted by texassnuboots
    Excellent post. However, you sound unselfish and sane. I don't think Darlie had those qualities. She put herself first always. JMO
    I think that's the point she Tracey was making
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

[QUOTE=deandaniellws]
    Maybe she is just a few fries short of a happy meal
    Ha Ha good one
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Thanks beesy.

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    Thanks beesy.
    have you noticed that everybody says Beesy even though I write my name beesy?
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

have you noticed that everybody says Beesy even though I write my name beesy?
    No...but I always laugh when I see your logo...stop blowing holes in my ship! I love it. I feel like saying that every now and then.

No...but I always laugh when I see your logo...stop blowing holes in my ship! I love it. I feel like saying that every now and then.
    It's a quote from Pirates of the Carribean. Capt. Jack Sparrow says it(Johnny Depp ) He means it literally, but I think it applies well here. You know: STOP BLOWING HOLES IN MY THEORIES.. tee hee.. is that how you took it?
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

It's a quote from Pirates of the Carribean. Capt. Jack Sparrow says it(Johnny Depp http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_3_2.gif) He means it literally, but I think it applies well here. You know: STOP BLOWING HOLES IN MY THEORIES.. tee hee.. is that how you took it?
    Yep...and that is why I thought it was soooo funny! I have not see that movie.

You mentioned down sizing the house. First of all, it wasn't that big. Second, the house was fairly cheap. Nice houses are a dime a dozen here in Texas. I think it was something to do with Darin. To get even??....for what I don't know. Maybe she was jealous of the attention fathers show their sons. (I am just throwing stuff out here.) Maybe JDP has hit the nail on the head. Maybe she is just a few fries short of a happy meal. However, I don't think she was going to kick Darin anywhere. She needed him because it appears he worshiped her. He thought the moon and stars were here for her pleasure. Nope....he wasn't going to go anywhere. Those two did those kids. Plain and simple. I think we here at WS have a hard time figuring them out because we all try to think like NORMAL people. We try to put ourselves in her place and think...now why would I have done that if I were her....or what would ever make me do such a thing? And there lies the problem! None of us would do such a horrible thing....heck, I don't even think such a thing would EVER CROSS OUR MINDS. That is why I believe we are always left with the...what the H*LL really went on in that house?
    Materialistic people go for the short term high. Maybe it is as simple as Darlie and maybe Darin too thinking the $10,000 of insurance money could be juggled around to finance their summer plans. I have often thought they thought they could capitalize on the deaths for a long term financial boost, but maybe it was just the opposite. Maybe the goal was simply to cover summer expenses with the insurance money and by time on paying the funeral expenses. Or maybe they thought people would feel so sorry for them, they would donate a bunch of money and they'd end up with enough to do both...bury the kids and cover summer fun. <chills> Surely they weren't that shortsighted, but then again maybe they were. <ponder, ponder> However, there was enough evidence of mental problems for it to be just a coincidence. I do tend to agree with you though that the two parents "did the kids." I think the motive is wrapped all around money. We just have to figure out from what angle.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    Materialistic people go for the short term high. Maybe it is as simple as Darlie and maybe Darin too thinking the $10,000 of insurance money could be juggled around to finance their summer plans. I have often thought they thought they could capitalize on the deaths for a long term financial boost, but maybe it was just the opposite. Maybe the goal was simply to cover summer expenses with the insurance money and by time on paying the funeral expenses. Or maybe they thought people would feel so sorry for them, they would donate a bunch of money and they'd end up with enough to do both...bury the kids and cover summer fun. <chills> Surely they weren't that shortsighted, but then again maybe they were. <ponder, ponder> However, there was enough evidence of mental problems for it to be just a coincidence. I do tend to agree with you though that the two parents "did the kids." I think the motive is wrapped all around money. We just have to figure out from what angle.
    So it was easier to kill the kids than to pawn some of that jewelry or sell the jag (which I'm not sure if it was in need of repair). You know, there was just so much overkill in the boys deaths that it somehow doesn't seem to fit with a murder for financial gain. Then again......

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast