Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cami
    MacDonald murdered his wife and one daughter during an argument in the middle of the night Goody. When there are diet pills, depression and lack of sleep involved, I don't think you need a history of bizarre behaviour. Mac certainly had no history of it. He murdered his baby purely because she was there and alive and old enough to say daddy hurt mummy. It's only when you scratch the surface that you discover his history of violant behaviour, and his mental illness. We can't do that with Darlie as no one will talk and she was not subjected to psychological testing that we know of, designed to uncover any hidden pathology. This case is very similar to MacDonald. I believe that Colette was intending to leave Mac and that might have precipitated the argument.

I for one do believe that Darlie and Darin were arguing and not getting along. You don't sleep apart from your husband for days on end just because your baby keeps you awake as he rolls in his crib. How that telegraphs into killing the boys, I don't know.

I for one do not wish to speculate at all as to what Darin and Darlie were all about so that's why I very seldom post on threads like these.
    He killed two daughters and his wife was pregnant with his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    No,it is quite normal to be vain. We all are to some degree whether we will admit or not. I just am not sure that we KNOW Darlie's vanity was all that much more consuming that most of the rest of us. She obviously had a bit more. That is evidenced in her picture perfect appearance on picture day and her neatnik housekeeping style, her showplace style of decorating, etc. I just don't feel comfortable leaping to the assumption that any of it was pathological without at least some evidence of her daily behaviors and interactions,etc. spelling it out.

Well, you aren't 22 with a knock out body living in the sweltering hot Texas sun either. LOL!

Even when I was 22 with a killer bod living in Texas, I NEVER wore t-backs out in public. There are things ladies do and there are things ladies don't do.

LOl, I've passed that century mark already. Hated it but there you go nothing you can do to stop it. I don't look it though so I am lucky in that regard.
    I have people say that to me as well...but I can tell you one thing....I SURE FEEL IT on some days! My husband is so much older than I am...I think that is why people say I look younger than I am. Ya know....in comparison.

I think it goes beyond normal vanity of wanting to look nice and be attractive to men as Goody said. In Darlie it could have been pathological, a need for attention that went beyond normal vanity. She's not been diagnosed as far as I know so it's possible it was pathological with her.

Nothing wrong with vanity really is there. I want to look nice when I leave the house so I guess you could call me vain. I prefer to think it's self-confidence. Of course I don't wear thongs and certainly not outside, LOL.
    But I don't understand the wanting to be attractive to other men. I work hard at looking pretty for my HUSBAND. I want to please him. I could give a rats tail about what other men think of me. He is my one and only concern! I really dig him...LOL...can you tell? One day...when his hair was thinning, and turning grey, he asked me if it bothered me. I told him....no honey....I LOVE antiques! You look better and BETTER to me each year! LOL. I do love him. He is a sweetie!

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    But I don't understand the wanting to be attractive to other men. I work hard at looking pretty for my HUSBAND. I want to please him. I could give a rats tail about what other men think of me. He is my one and only concern! I really dig him...LOL...can you tell? One day...when his hair was thinning, and turning grey, he asked me if it bothered me. I told him....no honey....I LOVE antiques! You look better and BETTER to me each year! LOL. I do love him. He is a sweetie!

Darlie, in my opinion, LOVED for Darin to see other men looking at her. He obviously didn't mind it or he wouldn't have made the comments that he did. He obviously took great pleasure in having men look at her. Darlie may have had the "goods" to be attractive, but she has no class, so she looks cheap. Of course its worse now that she's in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Darlie may have had the "goods" to be attractive, but she has no class, so she looks cheap.

As the old saying goes:

"You can't make a Silk Purse out of a Sow's Ear."
    By: Jonathan Swift (1667 - 1745)

If something isn't very good to start with, you can't do much to improve it.

He killed two daughters and his wife was pregnant with his son.
    cami is an expert on Dr. Mac. Read her post again more carefully. She is explaining the differing rationals for killing his wife, Colette, his daughter Kimmie and the baby, Kristie
    Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Even when I was 22 with a killer bod living in Texas, I NEVER wore t-backs out in public. There are things ladies do and there are things ladies don't do.
    Who said she was a lady????? LOL! Come on, even most hookers don't kill their kids. Just because she liked to strut her stuff through the neighborhood doesn't make her pathological. Darlie might have liked admiration, but she wasn't promiscuous, which would be more indicative of real problems there. I think she was just young and adventuresome.

For the record, Goody didn't wear a thong in public either. Shoot, they didn't even have thong bikinis when Goody was 22. Bikinis hadn't been out that long!!! hahahahahaha. And she didn't wear them either.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Goody is jealous. Sounds like the kind of marriage we only read about in novels. Lucky you!!!

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Darlie, in my opinion, LOVED for Darin to see other men looking at her. He obviously didn't mind it or he wouldn't have made the comments that he did. He obviously took great pleasure in having men look at her. Darlie may have had the "goods" to be attractive, but she has no class, so she looks cheap. Of course its worse now that she's in prison.
    Men who want trophy wives LOVE for other men to drool over their wives....they can look but they can't touch. It pumps up their ego to have other men want what he has and knowing she won't stray is a huge bonus. Darin must have been walking on clouds all the time.

That says a lot for Darin. Hey...... just look at my wife with fried bleached hair and fake boobs! What a dumb goober head! My husband would have said...get your butt in here and cover that up! That is for me! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    Goody is jealous. Sounds like the kind of marriage we only read about in novels. Lucky you!!!
    Before you think that...let me just say...between his and mine...we had 5...yes, I said 5 teenagers to raise. It had PLENTY of bumps. Hormones galore for many years! LOL. Now we are finally alone. Our last one left for college 3 years ago. Now we can finally swim naked and enjoy the peace of a quite house. They were all one year apart and boy, girl, boy girl, boy. Talking about a fluke! It was almost funny if it wasn't so scary at times. Yes...I had custody and so did he. What a hoot it was for many years!

Before you think that...let me just say...between his and mine...we had 5...yes, I said 5 teenagers to raise. It had PLENTY of bumps. Hormones galore for many years! LOL. Now we are finally alone. Our last one left for college 3 years ago. Now we can finally swim naked and enjoy the peace of a quite house. They were all one year apart and boy, girl, boy girl, boy. Talking about a fluke! It was almost funny if it wasn't so scary at times. Yes...I had custody and so did he. What a hoot it was for many years!

Here's the story of a lovely lady
    Who was bringing up three very lovely girls.
    All of them had hair of gold, like their mother,
    The youngest one in curls.

Here's the story, of a man named Brady,
    Who was busy with three boys of his own,
    They were four men, living all together,
    Yet they were all alone.

Till the one day when the lady met this fellow
    And they knew it was much more than a hunch,
    That this group would somehow form a family.
    That's the way we all became the Brady Bunch.
    The Brady Bunch,

The Brady Bunch.
    Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Sounds like you loved every minute of it. That is great.

Quote Originally Posted by beesy
    http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_2_2.gif

Here's the story of a lovely lady
    Who was bringing up three very lovely girls.
    All of them had hair of gold, like their mother,
    The youngest one in curls.

Here's the story, of a man named Brady,
    Who was busy with three boys of his own,
    They were four men, living all together,
    Yet they were all alone.

Till the one day when the lady met this fellow
    And they knew it was much more than a hunch,
    That this group would somehow form a family.
    The Brady Bunch,

The Brady Bunch.
    LOL...yep! That was us!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast