781 users online (101 members and 680 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SC - Jerell White, 22, Lancaster, 4 July 2017

Jerell White, 22, was last seen at a Fourth of July party on Pleasant Road. Deputies believe there was some kind of fight there and White left, walking down the road.

In surveillance video obtained by Channel 9 on Friday, White was seen walking down a neighbor's driveway, climbing over a fence and falling to the ground on the other side.
    (Video at link below)

He gets up and stumbles out of the view of the camera.

White's cellphone was found on the ground there where his(sic)scaled the fence and his broken eyeglasses were found in the driveway of the house that hosted the party.

Search crews braved the heat on foot on Friday trekking into the woods, hoping to find White, or any sign of the direction he went.

White played football and ran track at Lancaster High School. He was very active in his church playing a variety of instruments in a worship band and singing.

Shaw said this is still a missing person's case and will remain that until something significant changes.

Deputies haven't ruled out the possibility that someone could have picked him up in a car.

Family members told Channel 9 that White was comfortable outdoors and liked to fish and hunt. They don't believe he got lost in the woods.

https://wsoctv.relaymedia.com/amp/ne...-man/552877474

I wonder what exactly was meant by this: "climbing over a fence and falling to the ground on the other side." like he scaled a tall fence and jumped down from the fence to land on the ground? or fell like lost footing/control and might have injured himself or something? The latter is how I interpret it, and I wonder if he was intoxicated and/or got a concussion or something and became disoriented.

eta- saw the video, he seems to launch off the fence pretty far. kinda strange.

also- link above updated now says "The body of a missing Lancaster County man was found in a pond Saturday morning."
    Last edited by Whiskers16; 07-08-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers16 View Post
    I wonder what exactly was meant by this: "climbing over a fence and falling to the ground on the other side." like he scaled a tall fence and jumped down from the fence to land on the ground? or fell like lost footing/control and might have injured himself or something? The latter is how I interpret it, and I wonder if he was intoxicated and/or got a concussion or something and became disoriented.

also- link above updated now says "The body of a missing Lancaster County man was found in a pond Saturday morning."
    I got the impression it was something like this? http://gph.is/2cZQ1sS

I haven't seen the video

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Strangelove View Post
    I got the impression it was something like this? http://gph.is/2cZQ1sS

I haven't seen the video
    Not far off, although I think he appears to really launch himself off the fence. Going to try to embed the video..

https://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/pro...OnRydWV9#amp=1
    Last edited by Whiskers16; 07-08-2017 at 01:50 PM. Reason: try try again

Confirmed ... :

"Elsa Gillis @ElsaWSOC9

@LACOSO1 confirm body of Jerell White has been found in a pond off Pleasant Rd where he was last seen crossing a fence @wsoctv
    1:41 PM Jul 8, 2017"

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElsaWSOC9...42906133221382

Rest In Peace, young man. What a handsome kid ... .

ETA: Another source confirming:
    "Greg Suskin @GSuskinWSOC9

statement from lancaster sheriff confirms Jerell White found in a pond near where he crossed a fence. Autopsy to determine cause of death.

1:47 PM Jul 8, 2017 from Newport, SC"

https://mobile.twitter.com/GSuskinWS...44261941985282

The moment I read the first post, my mind went to "water." That's how often this happens ... I don't understand.
    Last edited by inmyhumbleopinion; 07-08-2017 at 01:52 PM.

From the video, I think he was intoxicated. And he was found in water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad to say...but this young man was murdered. If he was there with a FRIEND. Someone knows something. Whoever did this was evil and cruel.

There looks to be someone behind the tree. You can see the black covered arm moving when JW approaches, looks he is thrown from the fence IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not far off, although I think he appears to really launch himself off the fence. Going to try to embed the video..

https://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/pro...OnRydWV9#amp=1
    Dang...you have skills!

Quote Originally Posted by Truth1985 View Post
    Sad to say...but this young man was murdered. If he was there with a FRIEND. Someone knows something. Whoever did this was evil and cruel.
    Welcome Truth1985. I assume you know Jerrell and/or close to the family?

RIP Jerrell

Quote Originally Posted by inmyhumbleopinion View Post

Confirmed ... :

"Elsa Gillis @ElsaWSOC9

@LACOSO1 confirm body of Jerell White has been found in a pond off Pleasant Rd where he was last seen crossing a fence @wsoctv
    1:41 PM Jul 8, 2017"

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElsaWSOC9...42906133221382

Rest In Peace, young man. What a handsome kid ... .

ETA: Another source confirming:
    "Greg Suskin @GSuskinWSOC9

statement from lancaster sheriff confirms Jerell White found in a pond near where he crossed a fence. Autopsy to determine cause of death.

1:47 PM Jul 8, 2017 from Newport, SC"

https://mobile.twitter.com/GSuskinWS...44261941985282

The moment I read the first post, my mind went to "water." That's how often this happens ... I don't understand.
    It does seem quite often drinking and then found deceased in water.
    My guess is drinking alcohol dehydrates you and you want to quench your thirst while still intoxicated and fall, stumble, trip, etc... Imho

Quote Originally Posted by Catch2266 View Post
    There looks to be someone behind the tree. You can see the black covered arm moving when JW approaches, looks he is thrown from the fence IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I see the figure of what appears to be a person but I can't tell if there is movement. but I am watching from my small phone screen.

Very sad. That area is actually a bad area Lancaster has like 28% more crime than the state of SC. I can't remember the exact number but it's around there. It has a crime index of 5 (100 is safest).

I watched the video and at first I thought it was shadow but now I think you're right Catch. It does look like an arm pushing. Great eyes.

No

No I don't know his family nor am I from that town but it's like this if he went with a friend he should have left with his friend. A true friend would ensure that this young man was ok. But the fact that he left alone speaks volumes. See some people like to cover up the truth and walk around it. Situations like this has been happening since emmit till. You don't have to know someone to state an opinion.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast