1338 users online (261 members and 1077 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 110 of 155 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2325
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnie View Post
    Hammer too. Hidden on the top of the rear wheel of his parked car. Lured them to the car, grabbed the hammer and whack. Bundy was quite the talker once he started.

Only women tho , his infamous and gutless , apprehending him would of been a hoot , but imho police bungles led to his tally being so high . Americas jurisdictions play apart in many high counts that are current .

Has anyone contemplated a "ruse"?

So we are to believe that he despite being engaged (had a fare already), managed to cancel Sarahs call 9of which there was no record), put himself as available (when he wasn't), accept a job (despite having another fare) and it was Sarah's? No.
    As a onetime regular user of taxis as I don't drive, on many occasions I have observed the rules being bent. Especially at certain times such as the end of a shift. With several punters waiting, a driver may select someone who says they are going on his route home and tell a couple of others to get in to be dropped of in stages.

In this case the first woman may have just got in the car the driver may have gone round to haul her out thinking she might be sick, Sarah then got in and the man followed maybe thinking he was in with a chance. The driver calculated the drop off order and off they went.

Despite being put together with the best intentions rules and reggs are often bypassed or only partly complied with.

Quote Originally Posted by janwa View Post
    As a onetime regular user of taxis as I don't drive, on many occasions I have observed the rules being bent. Especially at certain times such as the end of a shift. With several punters waiting, a driver may select someone who says they are going on his route home and tell a couple of others to get in to be dropped of in stages.

In this case the first woman may have just got in the car the driver may have gone round to haul her out thinking she might be sick, Sarah then got in and the man followed maybe thinking he was in with a chance. The driver calculated the drop off order and off they went.

Despite being put together with the best intentions rules and reggs are often bypassed or only partly complied with.
    True..he may have just picked them up and did a triple fare share (usually not done with strangers) ...but he could not have cancelled her job and then receive a job for her on his screen after it was cancelled unless she rang through again. The computer didn't work that way. If he did pick her up then he dropped in on someone else's fare then made up that bogus story about cancelling and getting it on his screen to try and cover his butt. Dropping in or fare stealing was an offence dealt with by the TCB and he would have earned himself a holiday.
    The whole rang through, cancelled, rdceivec new job thing is simply not true. There was no evidence of her calling at all. He said in that letter he got a job with her name SARAH SPIERS on the job. Not true. Nit in the computer records. Cancelled jobs stayed in the system as cancelled. They could not be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Innerchild View Post
    Thanks Bunnie, I agree.

I do wonder if he was the same guy she met the night before who'd been watching her and she would have got in to his car without much persuasion, IMO.

Note that if the taxi driver was not reliable on some details, there was the independent witness who contact police immediately (and was ignored) about the man he saw with her that morning.
    Hi Innerchild,

I have spent the past hour trying to find anything about the independent witness you refer to above. He was a landlord who owned an apartment in the same building Sarah Speirs and her sister lived in. He witnessed Sarah and a tall man with black hair leaving the building as if going for breakfast. I think his name was David Bodain. I just want to know what came of the story. It makes sense to me it may have been the accused CSK. That's why she got into his car in the early hours of 27 Jan 1996. I will keep searching for the article

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ntidqi1g...+Sarah+too.pdf.

Hi Innerchild,

The article I have been looking for is in the <modsnip> Dropbox. The article 'I saw Sarah too". The independent witness is David Boudville. MOO
    Last edited by sillybilly; 08-13-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Bunnie- how many years are Taxi's required to keep customer records of payments etc and job logs? 7years??

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by Annalise View Post
    Hi Innerchild,

I have spent the past hour trying to find anything about the independent witness you refer to above. He was a landlord who owned an apartment in the same building Sarah Speirs and her sister lived in. He witnessed Sarah and a tall man with black hair leaving the building as if going for breakfast. I think his name was David Bodain. I just want to know what came of the story. It makes sense to me it may have been the accused CSK. That's why she got into his car in the early hours of 27 Jan 1996. I will keep searching for the article
    specifically, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ntidqi1g...+Sarah+too.pdf

I think you are correct in your description of the independent witness who allowed his name to be published by The Post. David Boudville. I'm not sure if anything was done about his report until this article came out in 2005.

As far as I'm aware, the accepted facts leading up to SS disappearance was that she was at the OBH with friends and her sister dropped them off at ClubBayView (check Media Thread on websleuths) around midnight. She called a taxi by herself at 2.06 am but was gone when the taxi arrived 8 minutes later. There was no mention of this man again, during the day or at the pub venues, but if you were going to abduct someone, you wouldn't want witnesses seeing you with the victim IMO.

Police have admitted the disappearances were not random and that makes me wonder if SS had a loose agreement to meet him at the Conti that night, but he never showed but was watching until she was alone. Then arrived at the last minute by car as she was waiting for a taxi.

Police have statements and witnesses for the night before, who should be able to identify who that man was. Accused hasn't been charged for the abduction and murder of SS. May be not enough evidence or maybe someone else?

I do find SR's story unusual and the female / male combination in the taxi suspicious' IMO. Proven with the Birnes as being very effective for getting females to trust getting in a car.
    Last edited by Innerchild; 08-13-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks-R-Us View Post
    Bunnie- how many years are Taxi's required to keep customer records of payments etc and job logs? 7years??

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
    I don't know! I would ask my Dad but he passed quite a few years ago. I would think its the normal tax period.

True..he may have just picked them up and did a triple fare share (usually not done with strangers) ...but he could not have cancelled her job and then receive a job for her on his screen after it was cancelled unless she rang through again. The computer didn't work that way. If he did pick her up then he dropped in on someone else's fare then made up that bogus story about cancelling and getting it on his screen to try and cover his butt. Dropping in or fare stealing was an offence dealt with by the TCB and he would have earned himself a holiday.
    The whole rang through, cancelled, rdceivec new job thing is simply not true. There was no evidence of her calling at all. He said in that letter he got a job with her name SARAH SPIERS on the job. Not true. Nit in the computer records. Cancelled jobs stayed in the system as cancelled. They could not be deleted.
    I wouldn't for a minute be disputing what you say about the rules, what he did or didn't do according to protocol isn't the issue or particularly of interest to me it's the transporting of the people involved then that leads on to being seen the following morning being another piece of the overall jigsaw. What time was this man at the flats? what time was SS dropped off? does it leave a time gap?

I think it's wrong to assume the strange guy who was in taxi with SS and Dalkeith woman is the same guy seen with her the next morning as she appears to leave around breakfast time.

Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #15

Also I'm confused: in this alleged taxi ride with 3 occupants that ended at Windsor Hotel: SS, strange guy, and Dalkeith woman.
    Which order did they get in the taxi?
    Who was 1st, 2nd and 3rd person to get in taxi?

I don't know! I would ask my Dad but he passed quite a few years ago. I would think its the normal tax period.
    Thanks Bunnie

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks-R-Us View Post
    I think it's wrong to assume the strange guy who was in taxi with SS and Dalkeith woman is the same guy seen with her the next morning as she appears to leave around breakfast time.

Good point Spooks - although the descriptions are similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnaker View Post
    Good point Spooks - although the descriptions are similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes agreed descriptions are similar - but are also vague enough to describe many other men.

Page 110 of 155 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast