1080 users online (172 members and 908 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 279
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    5,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchie View Post
    Sleuthing the suspects a little, they were married in Hawaii, where they lived, in 2012:

    http://hawaiianimages.blogspot.ca/20...nke-david.html

    But, of course, they may have been living together before that.

    The man has a resume online that shows an executive background in insurance: https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/Da...-2016-63722168

    The girl's names are Cannon, which is the adoptive mother's previous name, you can see from an earlier facebook page .https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001198941456. She was a yoga instructor, this is from the cached website for http://go-yoga.org/instructors/ for July 7, the bio was removed immediately when the news broke.



    Then there is a puff article about their business, posted on her facebook: it's easy to move to Belize to start a business, or to retire. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00005492204119

    This is just my theory: they didn't adopt the kids together, that was just her, or her and a previous man. But then she was an aging yoga instructor and aspiring designer with a limited future. She met this attractive, well-off man, who wanted to make her business a success, apparently, and buy her a beach house in Belize. Or did he have a secret thing for little girls? I'm frankly a bit suspicious of men who choose a woman with young daughters, it seems more natural for a guy like that to find a younger woman and have children of his own.

    Also just my opinion only, but from her facebook, she travelled a lot for her business, leaving the girls behind with him.

    I think she needed him too much, and was too caught up in her business/anti-aging to open her eyes and see what was going on. Perhaps some of the girls never liked him, and she blamed them. Women are frequently in denial about abuse.

    EDITED to add: from his resume, he never lived in LA, where she says she first lived with the girls. So he was their "stepfather", I'm quite sure.
    Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Great sleuthing Satchie. I had found much of what you found (but not those wedding photos...great find!) but was holding off posting it until LE said more or laid charges. I just want to hear more of the story before completely slamming this couple, but it is definitely difficult to imagine that there wasn't something going on for a long time.

    I don't know whether to think the "mom" is a narcissist and enabler/participant or whether she is so absolutely insecure that she was an completely negligent stooge. I suspect the former, but who knows at this point. Like Kamille, I really want to know why she adopted those girls and under what circumstances.

    But while I am anxious to hear more about the story, what I want most of all to know is how those three other girls are doing. I can't imagine what they are going through. I just want to give them a big, big, smothering hug.

    I'll hold off saying more for now. Please take good care of those girls Belize and US officials!!
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne


    #TeamCivilization

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,194
    Up until 2006, practically anyone could adopt Chinese girls from orphanages, there were a lot of girls because of the one-child policy. But there was so much demand, there were reports that girls were being stolen to sell to foreigners. From Anke's bio, she adopted the girls sometime around 2006, after 8 years of being immersed in yoga. The crackdown on adoptions began in 2007, making it much harder to qualify, ie you had to be married, for at least five years. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/20/us/20adopt.html

    So poor Faye Lin, unwanted or stolen in China, and then adopted by, IMO, a narcissistic who went overboard on yoga, then turned away from that and went overboard in adopting so many children, then turned away from that and went overboard in her business and designing clothes.

    It's completely typical for a narcissist to have a beloved, favorite child and a hated, scapegoat child. The scapegoat is told something's wrong with them, that we would be a perfect and happy family if it weren't for them, the child is ruining the narcissists life, the child has to change.

    Meanwhile, the narcissistic abusing stepfather is using physical threats and violence to keep her quiet and under his control. Age 13 is risky for him: she might get pregnant, she might tell someone outside the family.

    Add drugs to the mix, and social isolation from lack of visiting family or friends. Probably a quiet nightmare of secrets and lies, blame and shame inside that home.





    Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Satchie; 07-10-2017 at 08:30 PM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    5,998
    David was fined $108.00, but could not pay his fine and remained detained. On the other hand, Anke walked free after being found not guilty of the drug charges. Upon stepping out of the San Pedro Police Station, she was detained once again pending investigations on the Faye Lin Cannon murder case.
    http://www.ambergristoday.com/news/2...lRG78.facebook

    Sounds like LE found any excuse to hold them as David was charged with having a small amount of Valium. It's ironic that Anke's well-off business man can't swing a $108 fine. How were they supporting their family of six???

    So, they remain in jail. I think LE knows they would have a public relations nightmare if they let this couple out. As a matter of fact, the couple are likely safer in jail as the community is very upset with them.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne


    #TeamCivilization

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    550
    She has a GFM page for money for surgeries but yet she can do yoga. Obviously if she NEEDS any surgery, why do they not have health insurance since he is an executive and she has 3 stores. Since she left those girls out in all kinds of weather as observed by witnesses, it shows me she is the cuprit in this. Narcisstic. MOO. LE better do right by those 3 girls that are left.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    5,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchie View Post
    Up until 2006, practically anyone could adopt Chinese girls from orphanages, there were a lot of girls because of the one-child policy. But there was so much demand, there were reports that girls were being stolen to sell to foreigners. From Anke's bio, she adopted the girls sometime around 2006, after 8 years of being immersed in yoga. The crackdown on adoptions began in 2007, making it much harder to qualify, ie you had to be married, for at least five years. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/20/us/20adopt.html

    So poor Faye Lin, unwanted or stolen in China, and then adopted by, IMO, a narcissistic who went overboard on yoga, then turned away from that and went overboard in adopting so many children, then turned away from that and went overboard in her business and designing clothes.

    It's completely typical for a narcissist to have a beloved, favorite child and a hated, scapegoat child. The scapegoat is told something's wrong with them, that we would be a perfect and happy family if it weren't for them, the child is ruining the narcissists life, the child has to change.

    Meanwhile, the narcissistic abusing stepfather is using physical threats and violence to keep her quiet and under his control. Age 13 is risky for him: she might get pregnant, she might tell someone outside the family.

    Add drugs to the mix, and social isolation from lack of visiting family or friends. Probably a quiet nightmare of secrets and lies, blame and shame inside that home.
    bbm

    This is what is killing me about this case. I can't stop obsessing about it. I think of the two middle girls and imagine (because it really is just imagination at this point as we don't know what happened) that they were the "rejected ones". On the other hand perhaps (a very big perhaps) the oldest and youngest were relieved to be the "chosen ones" (not likely a high bar), yet likely feeling overwhelmed with guilt. No winners here.

    No matter what actually happened (beyond my wild imagination), the surviving girls are without their sister and without their parents. They have not been around extended family members for many years. They have no one. This is killing me. My heart is absolutely breaking for them.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne


    #TeamCivilization

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    550
    Snoopster, I was thinking the same thing about those 3 girls. It would be an answer to a prayer, if a good American family adopted all 3 of them.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    5,998
    Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew71 View Post
    Snoopster, I was thinking the same thing about those 3 girls. It would be an answer to a prayer, if a good American family adopted all 3 of them.
    I agree. But what are the chances of that? This story isn't even being picked up by the American media.
    Should we give them a nudge? If so, what's the best way to do that?
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne


    #TeamCivilization

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    I agree. But what are the chances of that? This story isn't even being picked up by the American media.
    Should we give them a nudge? If so, what's the best way to do that?
    Could we contact the major news networks? This is a human interest story for sure.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    5,998
    (I'm fading fast. I'll try to pick this up again tomorrow night after work if no one else does. (But I hope others will step up and join in getting attention to this case!)
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne


    #TeamCivilization

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18,281
    The community is outraged and very sad - disturbing...
    July 10 2017


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    29
    This case has made me tearful. Good San Pedranos reported to Belizean social services and the American Embassy about the girls' mistreatment; they would stand outside the mother's store all day in the sun; people did not just walk by those girls. The husband would be in the store all the time overseeing and being bossy a FB friend who lived in San Pedro for years told me.

    I don't think the parents have loads of money; in fact, I believe they were struggling; just the vibe I get. While they were living at Grande Caribe which is pricey apparently they had a sweet deal. Rubimoon had been up for sale. It's telling to me that they don't have a lawyer never mind the stepfather not having $108.

    I belong to several Belizean expats groups and it's also telling to me that not one person has stood up in their defense. I am thinking they kept to themselves and didn't mix with either islanders or the expat community. No one seems to be stepping up to help them; when Anke was released today she was on her own; no one met her. (She did not get out of the courtyard before being re-detained)

    Why she would have adopted four girls in such a short space of time after being childless boggles me. Right away I thought of course if David Doehme is a pedophile how perfect to find this woman with four young children. I read on a forum somewhere that the adoptive father would visit Belize now and then to see the girls but if so why are they not in his custody? Wonder if he was paying child support.

    Kamille; fancy seeing you here! And good too! This case is similar to the Heather Mack case in that it involves American citizens, murder and the American Embassy IMO failing American children in other lands.
    Last edited by BorderSam; 07-11-2017 at 12:48 AM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18,281
    https://www.sanpedrosun.com/crime-an...ye-lin-cannon/
    It was also revealed that due to the nationality of the victim, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) from the United States is assisting the Belize Police Department to a certain extent in the investigation. However, the investigation is being led by the Belizean authorities, since it happened in Belize
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    29
    https://www.facebook.com/belizeannews/

    video of Anke leaving jail and being redetained.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    14,340
    Quote Originally Posted by BorderSam View Post
    This case has made me tearful. Good San Pedranos reported to Belizean social services and the American Embassy about the girls' mistreatment; they would stand outside the mother's store all day in the sun; people did not just walk by those girls. The husband would be in the store all the time overseeing and being bossy a FB friend who lived in San Pedro for years told me.

    I don't think the parents have loads of money; in fact, I believe they were struggling; just the vibe I get. While they were living at Grande Caribe which is pricey apparently they had a sweet deal. Rubimoon had been up for sale. It's telling to me that they don't have a lawyer never mind the stepfather not having $108.

    I belong to several Belizean expats groups and it's also telling to me that not one person has stood up in their defense. I am thinking they kept to themselves and didn't mix with either islanders or the expat community. No one seems to be stepping up to help them; when Anke was released today she was on her own; no one met her. (She did not get out of the courtyard before being re-detained)

    Why she would have adopted four girls in such a short space of time after being childless boggles me. Right away I thought of course if David Doehme is a pedophile how perfect to find this woman with four young children. I read on a forum somewhere that the adoptive father would visit Belize now and then to see the girls but if so why are they not in his custody? Wonder if he was paying child support.

    Kamille; fancy seeing you here! And good too! This case is similar to the Heather Mack case in that it involves American citizens, murder and the American Embassy IMO failing American children in other lands.
    Hi BorderSam

    Yep, it appears that this is another tropical paradise where the embassy staff just sit around and do nothing but suntan and collect a paycheck.

    MOO

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    5,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    There was a statement issued by Department of Human Services today. Not surprising with all of the comments and rumours floating around. They likely felt that they had to defend themselves.



    http://www.ambergristoday.com/news/2...7bwHo.facebook
    Here's the statement again from your link, my bolding:

    Departmental records show that in 2014, there was a report of improper supervision and inadequate parenting whereby the Cannon children were being exposed to the elements.
    A joint investigation was conducted along with the Police Department, where the parents, children and school officials were interviewed. The allegation was substantiated, however, there were no disclosures or indicators of any other forms of physical or sexual abuse at that time. As such, the Department created a plan with the parents for the proper supervision of the children. The plan was monitored for adherence and the case was later closed when it was deemed that the parents had been compliant. Since then, the Department’s records show no other reports being made of neglect or abuse of these children.
    And we have this:

    Faye Lin and her three sisters lived in San Pedro with the Doehms. The girls attended this school – La Isla Bonita primary school. Only the eldest completed her primary education; two of the others were taken out of school, whilst only the youngest remain in school. Faye Lin was taken out three years ago; in September she would have been going into standard six. She completed standard three with good grades – as can be seen in this grade book she was an A student. And so today, the school mourns her passing. There were little signs that something was wrong – but her past teachers never suspected it was so serious.
    http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/149249

    Sounds to me (IMO) that Faye Lin and her sister were taken out of school right after the 2014 investigation in order to prevent future interference from the authorities.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. TX - Genesis Cornejo-Alvarado, 15, slain, Houston, Feb 2017 *Arrests*
    By Lucy's mom in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-07-2017, 03:15 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 03:20 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 03:24 AM
  4. Replies: 128
    Last Post: 08-08-2015, 08:32 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 03:53 AM

Tags for this Thread