860 users online (130 members and 730 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 386
  1. #346
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchie View Post
    David Doehm, Faye Lin's stepfather is dead, apparent suicide. https://www.breakingbelizenews.com/2...ommit-suicide/

    There was a note, I wonder how much will be revealed....
    Wow, I did not see that one coming. .

  2. #347
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchie View Post
    They were apparently living together still. She was in court all day, arguing for custody of her other children.
    http://7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=42163

    I really hope he was guilty, because otherwise I can imagine someone feeling hounded to death by unproven allegations made in the media. It really bothers me the allegations of sexual and physical abuse were made public but were not going to be brought forward as charges in court, just 'neglect'. It seems to me, in a legal system, if you're going to make those allegations, they should be laid as charges so the public can assess the actual evidence.
    Very interesting article, thanks for posting. Well worth the read and clears up a few things. Only thing is, there were 4 sisters, not three...

  3. #348
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,520
    I think there must have been some discord between them. Why was he staying at the Princess Hotel alone? Seems odd when they are living in the city that he’d be at a hotel in the same city.
    [/QUOTE]

    It seems he'd checked into the hotel Wednesday night, so yes, possibly an argument or breakup. However, it's fairly common for suicidal people to check in to a hotel specifically to commit suicide: to avoid being found too soon and resuscitated, and to spare their loved ones from having to find their body at home.

  4. #349
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,138
    At a quick glance at ADs fb I don't see the pictures of her and David anymore. I'm just using my Fb app so that could be why.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #350
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,308
    Quote Originally Posted by dyannaON View Post
    At a quick glance at ADs fb I don't see the pictures of her and David anymore. I'm just using my Fb app so that could be why.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I meant to check that. Just went and looked and there's still a lot of them, doesn't start until further back though. I can't remember if there were many (fairly) recently but I don't think so. She did delete several pics from the last year or so back when she first got out again, but those were not just of David. Doesn't seem like she ever bothered going back further than 2017 to delete pics tho.

  6. #351
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,138
    Thanks JanetElaine! I know her fb took forever to go through.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #352
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    6,038
    Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    Very interesting article, thanks for posting. Well worth the read and clears up a few things. Only thing is, there were 4 sisters, not three...
    ??? I'm not sure what you are referring to. Where do you come up with the "fact" that there were 4 sisters? I don't see that anywhere.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne


    #TeamCivilization

  8. #353
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    YQQ
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    ??? I'm not sure what you are referring to. Where do you come up with the "fact" that there were 4 sisters? I don't see that anywhere.
    Faye has 3 sisters, so 4 girls in total. The article twice implies there are only 2 sisters remaining:

    His wife Anke Doehm was not there; she spent the day at a family court with her attorney Rachel Montejo in the case having to do with the custody of her other two daughters who are in foster care.
    Anke Doehm had already adopted the child and her two sisters from China when they became a couple in Hawaii some years ago.

  9. #354
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by kmclaren View Post
    Faye has 3 sisters, so 4 girls in total. The article twice implies there are only 2 sisters remaining:
    I noticed that too, probably a reporter error. Though I was wondering, would the eldest girl be allowed to choose for herself, rather than have it be decided by the court? According to some info on here, she's almost 17

  10. #355
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,779
    David Doehm claims state ‘witch-hunt’ in leaked suicide note

    http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/153986


  11. #356
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    5,483
    Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    Wow, I did not see that one coming. .
    Nor did I - wow! I'm having a hard time understanding why the current charges - cruelty to a child - would drive him to suicide. Neither he nor Anke have been charged with murder as the courts are awaiting the results of the forensic investigation.

    Here is an exerpt from his three page suicide note:

    “I am here to end my own life, by my own hand and without the assistance or knowledge of anyone else. The method I chose, oxygen replacement by nitrogen gas, appeals to me in large part due to its being innocuous. Nitrogen is the major component gas in our atmosphere, but in the absence of oxygen it asphyxiates the inhaler without the trauma of CO2 build-up. And the lack of mess appeals to me hence I shy away from imposing the consequences of my action on the people who have to deal with a suicide and the clean-up.”
    ...
    “I find my situation odd. How am I in a casino? Having zero interest in going and gambling. But it reminds me of the Arthur Koestler Suicide Not which remarked that “Suicide is to gamble the system of which is known to the gambler only in the event of failure….. In my case, the Damocles’ sword above my head is not a mind destroying disease, but a witch hunt conducted by the government of Belize.”
    http://lovefm.com/2017/10/06/davids-suicide-note/

    IMO it makes no sense that Doehm would kill himself over allegations that would have to be proven in court - unless they were true. I don't buy the "government witch hunt." IMO he did sexually abuse Faye Lin and he knew he was found out. An innocent man doesn't decide to kill himself, he stays and fights for the truth. Sorry, but I think he was guilty of the charges and couldn't face the love of his life - Anke.

  12. #357
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchie View Post
    I noticed that too, probably a reporter error. Though I was wondering, would the eldest girl be allowed to choose for herself, rather than have it be decided by the court? According to some info on here, she's almost 17
    That's what I thought at first, but then later on in the article it says "Anke Doehm had already adopted the child and her two sisters from China when they became a couple in Hawaii some years ago".

    I really do hope that if the eldest turned 18, they did not kick her out of foster care to survive on her own. I've read stories where that happens. This is where I am torn between wanting the girls to have their privacy but also wanting to know that they're alright...

  13. #358
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    ??? I'm not sure what you are referring to. Where do you come up with the "fact" that there were 4 sisters? I don't see that anywhere.
    Sorry, I could have worded that more clear. I meant they were a group of 4 sisters (including Faye), not that Faye had four sisters.

  14. #359
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,308
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMarple View Post
    IMO it makes no sense that Doehm would kill himself over allegations that would have to be proven in court - unless they were true. I don't buy the "government witch hunt." IMO he did sexually abuse Faye Lin and he knew he was found out. An innocent man doesn't decide to kill himself, he stays and fights for the truth. Sorry, but I think he was guilty of the charges and couldn't face the love of his life - Anke.
    RSBM

    ITA. Not claiming to know what was inside his head for sure, but from the outside looking in it sure looks that way. He sounds clinical and technical and ticked off, and his suicide was a final measure of making sure he was the one in control, in my opinion.

    The use of the term Damocles Sword also caught my attention. It points to something inevitable. Like you say, the allegations would have to be proven in court. What was so inevitable? Now I'm not fond of how the court of public opinion locally in Belize behaved. Let's see that proof before we string him up (figuratively). But he clearly addresses the 'witch hunt by the government of Belize', which I am not seeing. He/they weren't even charged with murder or sex offenses, 'only' cruelty to a child, which tell me Belize was actually careful in addressing the case (to the frustration of many locals apparently, but again, in my opinion that only shows 'the government' was *not* being overly harsh to this man).

    All MOO.

  15. #360
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    196
    I agree it seems more likely he didn't commit suicide over the witch hunt. My opinion only- he knew the in depth forensic results were coming out soon and if the sexual abuse did show to happen, I think he took the easy way out. I could also be that Anke didn't know about the sexual abuse ( if present) and would throw him to the wolves when it was know .
    I hope Anne doesn't now blame it all on David now he can't contest it.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2017, 04:40 AM
  2. Replies: 130
    Last Post: 10-28-2017, 09:49 AM
  3. TX - Genesis Cornejo-Alvarado, 15, slain, Houston, Feb 2017 *Arrests*
    By Lucy's mom in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-07-2017, 03:15 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 03:20 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 03:24 AM

Tags for this Thread