1285 users online (234 members and 1051 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Looked up the sale of the business mentioned in Post #26, I found a cached page from May 31, 2017 where it's offered at reduced price for reasons of family health. If the numbers are correct, it was being offered at a loss, not even recovering the cost of the stock and fixtures. Can't link a cached page but can find on google by typing "cache:http://canada.businessesforsale.com/canadian/price-reduced-unique-women-s-girls-clothing-boutique-san-pedro-for-sale.aspx".

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Where do you see the post #? Before the new formatting I could see but now can't. Good sleuthing BTW! Wonder if the store was also advertised in an American ad. The majority of expats are American and Canadian.

I'm highly skeptical of the forensics ability of the police and the coroner in Belize. While it is certain that Faye Lin was abused was she sexually abused? Underage sexual activity is prevalent in Belize and to a degree accepted (not necessarily approved of). We don't know why the pathologist came to that conclusion--I'd accept before trial the diagnosis in other places but not Belize. Would he have the ability to differentiate between non virgin and rape? We don't know. This is a country that refers to rape as non-consensual sexual intercourse--even for the rape of minors! How can a minor consent in the first place?

I am wondering if the mother wasn't beaten down psychically and wanted to believe everything was fine; she seems very "all is love, peace out, what you believe in will be etc." OTH the children were left outside in the tropical sun day after day and that is on her IMO. That in itself is abuse.

While no charges had been laid initially I am surprised the couple did not have a lawyer; he'd make sure they weren't detained longer than legal and ensure a bail hearing was set ASAP. Either they don't have the money to retain a lawyer or could they be so deluded as to not guess murder or at least manslaughter charges might be pending?

Surely the husband had $108 ($54AM) in the bank or at the store. I've said this before; it's very striking to me that not one person in the expat community has stepped forward for them--so no one was willing to come up with $54AM for him or retrieve for him. I've lived as an expat and my experience is that there will be a tight knit core with help readily extended to any other expat in difficulty. I find it extremely odd. Unless the family just had absolutely nothing to do with any other expats; classic sign of abusive family situations.

I see the post # in the top right corner, next to the info about how long ago it was posted.

That's true, lack of a lawyer is very, very peculiar. Most business people have a lawyer for their business. And surely he still has family in the US he could call on. Maybe he doesn't want to get out of jail at this point: where would he go? Would she be willing to live with him? Is he protesting innocence or just keeping silent?

For a man of his status: white, educated, professional, former executive, the shame of these accusations being broadcast in the media would be immense, perhaps could so completely shatter someone's persona/identity that they are unable to function. I've seen this myself with a narcissistic family member, they just fall to pieces.

I can't see either piece of info; this site's appearance is different from a few months ago--at that time I too saw the post # and time it was posted.

The Doehmes have been moved off the island to another jail.

https://www.facebook.com/SanPedroSun/#

"That's true, lack of a lawyer is very, very peculiar. Most business people have a lawyer for their business. And surely he still has family in the US he could call on. Maybe he doesn't want to get out of jail at this point: where would he go? Would she be willing to live with him? Is he protesting innocence or just keeping silent?"

I highly doubt he'd have a lawyer on retainer for the shop in Belize; just not necessary after incorporation and permitting. He's not saying anything except for Guilty to the low level drug possession charge (valium, I think only one pill, without a prescription). That's where the fine was. They aren't charged with anything else yet.

My view on why they don't have a lawyer; either they don't have the money for one or are oblivious to the chance they could be charged with a serious crime such as murder or manslaughter or endangerment leading to death. I know Anke is very "focus on what you love, peace, peace, follow the Buddha way," but surely they can't be so oblivious as to not be at least worried about charges pending?

I honestly do not think they could live safely anywhere in Belize right now. They would have to hide. It is a very small country and only about 300,000 population. There is a history of vigilantism against child molesters and reading forums and talking to Belizean friends there is a definite anti-gringo and, frankly, racist undercurrent right now in the country. Knee jerk reactions against gringos seem to be on the rise; easier to blame the country's poverty on what is seen as exploitation by expats rather than put the blame squarely on an openly corrupt government. My opinion.

"For a man of his status: white, educated, professional, former executive, the shame of these accusations being broadcast in the media would be immense, perhaps could so completely shatter someone's persona/identity that they are unable to function. I've seen this myself with a narcissistic family member, they just fall to pieces."

He seems controlling at the very least. I don't know. I am puzzled by so many aspects of this. Why Anke would adopt four children in such short order; where the adoptive father is; was she so under his control that she dared not say anything? Or just desperately want to not believe the children were being abused? But then we know she kept the girls outside in the hot sun day after day. And yet professes to be such a person of peace yada yada.

Unbelievable! The Doehmes were transported on a boat sitting side by side to go to another jail. Cannot quite make out what Anke is saying in the video posted at 3 EST. Why would two co conspirators be allowed to communicate freely? I was hoping the reason no charges had been laid was so one would turn on the other and take a deal.

https://www.facebook.com/News5Live/?...MELINE&fref=nf

Perhaps they'll have better access to a lawyer in Belize City, I very much doubt there are criminal lawyers on Ambergris Caye.

I agree to not entirely trust police forensics, but I think autopsy could be competent, doctors are trained outside Belize, and Faye Lin's body was sent to the main hospital where it could be preserved/photographed, and more than one doctor consulted.

Even just considering the cause of death, I think broken ribs and a lacerated heart are simple for any surgeon to detect. How did she get them and why was no doctor called, there must have been one at the luxury hotel they were staying in. It's true that in some cases vigorous CPR can crack ribs, but to be broken? Sickening to think about.

What's to say that Anke hasn't committed these crimes as well. I won't just assume it is the husband and she turned a blind eye. Not yet. She may be depraved as well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BorderSam View Post
    Unbelievable! The Doehmes were transported on a boat sitting side by side to go to another jail. Cannot quite make out what Anke is saying in the video posted at 3 EST. Why would two co conspirators be allowed to communicate freely? I was hoping the reason no charges had been laid was so one would turn on the other and take a deal.

https://www.facebook.com/News5Live/?...MELINE&fref=nf
    The woman's voice is the person filming them, there's unedited footage with her commentary in the comments section of the video.

Who took the endless pictures of mom? Did she have her own personal photographer. Geez.
    Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt you would find a criminal lawyer anywhere but in Belize City; not even in the capital Belmopan--well perhaps you might just might find one in Belmopan. Keep in mind this is a developing country with only a population of 300,000. Ambergris is where the wealthy live. Believe me, it is not unheard of for a criminal lawyer to hop on the water taxi and represent someone charged on the island.

Was more than one doctor consulted? I don't for a second believe the resources for such are there routinely--until I read a report I'm of the mind it would be the coroner with perhaps an assistant. I believe the autopsy could be competent but couldn't be persuaded it'd be much beyond that. Health care in Belize is dismal. People with any money go to Mexico or the US for surgery or anything beyond a broken arm (recent scandal with PM's wife seeking treatment in the States).

I do buy that Faye Lin's heart was lacerated and ribs broken; I wonder if result of botched attempts at resuscitating her. I don't know; they may have been frantic. I'd most like to know how she got the swelling on her head with a laceration; I don't believe at all that she slammed herself into a wall.

No, absolutely no to a doctor being at the Grand Caribe! There would not be a doctor on site at any hotel in Belize but yes medical care is mostly available. There is however a polyclinic on the island and, yes, of course if the story is true (which I don't buy) that Faye Lin did not eat for three weeks why was she not taken to a doctor? Which is a pricey condo complex which does rent out short term to tourists but primarily is a residential setting so the hotel handle is a bit misleading in this context. The Doehmes were renting a condo and had what Anke termed a "sweet" deal. Who knows--could be an owner who was going to be away for a few years; I don't know. But they were not at a hotel as short term guests at all.

I was wondering if anyone could make out what Anke is saying in the video of the Doehmes being moved FROM San Pedro--she is talking; there is no newscaster; they are enroute to Belize City. I was not asking about the video of them arriving in Belize City with a voiceover which is quite audible and understandable. The video of them leaving San Pedro was posted six hours ago.

People keep referring to DD as a successful business executive. But let's look at the facts...he hadn't worked (other than in their tiny store) for 5 years. His resume states that he is Director of Rubimoon Boutique, which has its flagship store in San Pedro, and "other stores elsewhere in Belize and Mexico". (Really????) If you are running a tourist boutique in a slightly out of the way tourist destination and you are flying to Bali a couple of times a year to order your product, with special runs/designs, well, that's not a great business model. His resume also states that he is open to employment opportunities anywhere in the US or the Caribbean.
    And, even though Belize is "somewhat primitive it is not all that cheap to live in". (paraphrasing DD in response to a question on Quora.)

We don't know the circumstances under which the Doehm's left Hawaii. It's possible that they were just chasing the island dream, it's also possible that they were unable to get employment in Hawaii for whatever reason.

Going further back, DD's resume also showed that he left a large insurer (Aetna) in western NY to go to a smaller insurer at which he stayed less than a year before high-tailing it to Hawaii. He joined a company there for a rather short stay yet again before settling in at HEMIC. Keep in mind that after his stint at Aetna, all of his roles were at smallish companies. And, when he left HEMIC, he left the country.

On a separate tangent, wouldn't you think that if you were an entrepreneur in a small market that relied on customers that you would be befriending everyone you could? It clearly doesn't sound like that was the case.

OK, end of my babbling for now. I am simply impatient to find out more actual facts in this case. Are there charges pending or not?
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    Mom's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/rubi.moon.9...9%3A1499617677

Never ending photos of herself, with many, many in skimpy workout clothes showing off her body.

Of the few photos there are of her children, they are mainly of her oldest girl and her youngest girl, both of whom she mentions by name sometimes. They both have long hair and wear cute outfits. There are rarely photos of the two middle girls (including Faye) and they have their hair cropped shorter. They are rarely smiling. Not sure what to make of that.
    I hate all of that fake "love you",. Energy of the universe. Etc etc etc bs. I know people like this and they are as phony as a three dollar bill.. They are in love with themselves.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast