HEROS - Please feel free to add one (or two)

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A mercy airlift from Iraq to the United States got under way Friday, as the U.S. military helped an Iraqi infant named Noor receive treatment for a potentially fatal birth defect.

The three-month-old Noor -- nicknamed Baby Noor by the media and whose last name has not been released to protect against insurgents -- is suffering from spina bifida. The birth defect results in the spinal column failing to completely close. Iraqi doctors had told her parents she would live only 45 days without treatment.

The child captured the hearts of members of the the Georgia National Guard after they raided her Baghdad home during a routine "knock-and-search" three weeks ago.

As the girl's young parents nervously watched the U.S. soldiers search their home, the baby's unflinching grandmother thrust the little girl at the Americans, showing them the purple pouch protruding from her back.

Pfc. Justin Donnelly, an Army medic in the unit that found the child, examined Noor and said it was apparent something was wrong with her.

"I really wanted to help her as much as possible," Donnelly said Friday. "So what I did was all I could do, really, and see what happens from there."

"I feel like God put me here to help this little girl so, that pretty much makes my whole trip here worth it."

Donnelly, and other soldiers including Lt. Jeff Morgan, began working to help Noor.

"I saw this child as the firstborn child of the young mother and father, and really, all I could think of was my five children back at home and my young daughter," Morgan said. "And I knew if I had the opportunity whatsoever to save my daughter's life, I would do everything possible.

entire article:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/12/30/baby.noor/index.html

Sharon Rocha for donating part of the profits from her book FOR LACI to help other families who need help with the seach costs.

Peter Jennings - he would leave his job in the evening and go serve at soup kitchens. He loved it. He did so much philanthropic work; but didn't talk about it much. God Bless you, Peter.

Marthatex said:
Peter Jennings - he would leave his job in the evening and go serve at soup kitchens. He loved it. He did so much philanthropic work; but didn't talk about it much. God Bless you, Peter.
For sure! Good one Martha.:p

deandaniellws said:
Sharon Rocha for donating part of the profits from her book FOR LACI to help other families who need help with the seach costs.

I didn't know she did that. I just bought the book! Cant wait to read it; I'm starting today. :)

Jeana, Baby Noor arrived in Atlanta at 4:10 this afternoon. She was greeted by Dr. Hudgins and the host family and a bunch of reporters and cameramen. They immediately took her to Childrens Hospital (excellent facility) for an evaluation. They say the operation will be by the 9th if all the testing is complete. Prayers for her complete recovery. She is an absolute doll baby.

concernedperson said:
Jeana, Baby Noor arrived in Atlanta at 4:10 this afternoon. She was greeted by Dr. Hudgins and the host family and a bunch of reporters and cameramen. They immediately took her to Childrens Hospital (excellent facility) for an evaluation. They say the operation will be by the 9th if all the testing is complete. Prayers for her complete recovery. She is an absolute doll baby.

Thank you so much for telling me this!!! I pray that she pulls through and they're able to improve her quality of life as well.

4.gif

The other person that I think about all the time is Mysteriew. She is an unending supply of news for us. It takes a lot of work and she has done this and brought news to us as it happens. She always shares her heartfelt responses and she gives us the facts. To me, she is the WS of the year. And the one that I always want to hear from. I know that she is speaking from the heart and that her newsbreaks are from factual accounts.She never has another agenda and she never throws out BS and never exalts herself. I trust her with my limited bank account. I think that is saying a lot.I just want you to know that I think you are one of the world's great people...just living in Ohio.

Mark Lunsford. Just a simple man, who took his own personal tragedy and has made it a National Cause. He has accomplished a lot in Fla. in getting the laws changed in Fla. and has now begun a national campaign to get the laws changed all over the country.

Joe Mamma- a controversial man. But he began quietly making contributions to reward funds, increasing the amount to be offered. He was making the offers initially as an anonymous business man from Penn. That phrase has shown up in a lot of missing persons cases, and the added mystery around the contributions has helped to put a spotlight many of the missing persons cases. He has also issued a challenge to other wealthy persons to get involved and make contributions.

concernedperson said:
The other person that I think about all the time is Mysteriew. She is an unending supply of news for us. It takes a lot of work and she has done this and brought news to us as it happens. She always shares her heartfelt responses and she gives us the facts. To me, she is the WS of the year. And the one that I always want to hear from. I know that she is speaking from the heart and that her newsbreaks are from factual accounts.She never has another agenda and she never throws out BS and never exalts herself. I trust her with my limited bank account. I think that is saying a lot.I just want you to know that I think you are one of the world's great people...just living in Ohio.

Absolutely!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:blushing: LOL, you guys, I just have a couple of good sources. And I enjoy reading them, and reading other people's responses. But thanks for the kind words. You guys are great! :blowkiss:
I do have one agenda, LOL. I figure that for every crime, there is one or more people, who would like to keep everything a secret. I just do my little thing to make sure the news gets out. A little thing, but it matters to me. Hopefully, it bothers the guilty.

mysteriew said:
:blushing: LOL, you guys, I just have a couple of good sources. And I enjoy reading them, and reading other people's responses. But thanks for the kind words. You guys are great! :blowkiss:
I do have one agenda, LOL. I figure that for every crime, there is one or more people, who would like to keep everything a secret. I just do my little thing to make sure the news gets out. A little thing, but it matters to me. Hopefully, it bothers the guilty.

See,she won't even take an accolade. She is looking out for others. You are one of the best and that is why I mentioned you. I knew your heart was always for the truth. You are going to work hard and ignore everything else.I just want to stand up next to you as I will be better and more knowledgeble. Your light is shining, honey, your light is shining.

concernedperson said:
See,she won't even take an accolade. She is looking out for others. You are one of the best and that is why I mentioned you. I knew your heart was always for the truth. You are going to work hard and ignore everything else.I just want to stand up next to you as I will be better and more knowledgeble. Your light is shining, honey, your light is shining.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

She is awesome, isnt she! I always respect her opinion. And she always does it in such a fair way, even when she disagrees with you. And I seldom disagree with her.

How about Jennifer Wilbanks? Oops!

(She taught people everywhere how NOT to back out of a wedding, how NOT to call attention to yourself)

(this is a joke; you can delete it if you want)

This is political, but I think John Murtha is a hero. He went over to Iraq, made a decision, and stood up and gave his opinion of what should be done.

It caused a big stir and ended up with Republican Senators demanding the "2006 will be the year Iraqis stand up"!

For heros, I think we need to include Kelly, Fourboys, and Abolut. Also, Hammerized, and MisterAllGood. And I know there are others that I cannot think of right now. Kelly and Fourboys are the ones I am most familiar with. They keep up with missing persons, keep up their blogs and forums, and still find time to keep us up to date.
MrAllGood and Hammerized have done a lot to put internet sleuthers into the spotlight in the media, and promote the values and possibilities of what a bunch of people sitting at home and working on cases can do. They have done some outstanding work, and deserve a lot of kudos.
Everyone here deserves mention. People take time to compare UID's and missing persons, looking for matches. People who have written their gov reps to push for stronger laws against sex offenders, have written media and worked on getting missing cases into the spotlight. And in Cold Cases, there are many who work to not only try to find clues to solve those cases, they also work to keep the cases from being forgotten. Many are doing volunteer work in their free time. Too many to name here individually.
There are many heros on this board......and I salute you all.

Caring nurses are real heroes in my book.
I have come to realize that this month - they are Angels.

Nurses everywhere, THANK YOU!

I cast my vote for Shasta Groene. I pray that God will give her strength to continue and be able to live just a simple normal life. I have a feeling she will do something wonderful with her life, even if it is to be a Mom like her own Mother was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back