1569 users online (314 members and 1255 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20,305

    Canada - Zhu 'Frank' Wang, 25, Toronto, 19 May 2017

    https://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...e-and-gerrard/

    Zhu Jian “Frank” Wang was last seen at 3 a.m. Friday, May 19 in the Yonge and Gerrard streets area. He is about 5’9” tall with short black hair and a medium build, and was last seen wearing a grey long-sleeve shirt and white shoes
    .
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20,305
    http://globalnews.ca/news/3473299/to...seen-downtown/
    Aashish Oberoi, a friend of Wang’s, told Global News Wang was last seen at a downtown McDonald’s getting food after going to a couple of bars with friends. He said he hasn’t been home and his social media accounts have been inactive. He also said his cellphone is turned off.
    “He normally messages at least a couple of people in the morning to be like, ‘That was a fun night,’ or something else and lets us know what he’s doing,” Oberoi said.

    “But we haven’t heard anything at all from anyone at all and that’s what I think we find to be the most concerning about this.”
    Oberoi said Wang is originally from the United States and just finished studying psychology at York University. He said Wang is friendly and outgoing, and that this is out of character for Wang.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20,305

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    512
    Possible connection? ZFW is mentioned near the bottom of this article.
    http://www.cp24.com/news/friends-of-...tion-1.3491960

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    27
    Hi there, giving this a bump. Does anyone know if there has been resolution in this case? Seems this individual was reported missing on May long weekend (May 22, 2017 was Victoria Day).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20,305
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Smiley View Post
    Hi there, giving this a bump. Does anyone know if there has been resolution in this case? Seems this individual was reported missing on May long weekend (May 22, 2017 was Victoria Day).
    Thanks for bumping, looked but did not find an update, unless i missed it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1
    on dec/17 his FB friend Andrew Oh mentioned "This is far more than the third. Many, including one of my friends went missing in the area, only to be found passed away". sad end, but i think this case is closed.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by wats0n View Post
    on dec/17 his FB friend Andrew Oh mentioned "This is far more than the third. Many, including one of my friends went missing in the area, only to be found passed away". sad end, but i think this case is closed.
    Welcome to Websleuths. I see you joined Websleuths today, and this is your first post. Did this case bring you here?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketotalk15 View Post
    Possible connection? ZFW is mentioned near the bottom of this article.
    http://www.cp24.com/news/friends-of-...tion-1.3491960

    Maybe! Ugh, so awful!

    Andrew's thread:


    https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...o-26-June-2017

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20,305
    Bumping with this link from May, hoping that Frank has been located, just need a link confirming whether he has been found or not.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/3473299/t...seen-downtown/
    May 23, 2017

    Oberoi said Wang is originally from the United States and just finished studying psychology at York University. He said Wang is friendly and outgoing, and that this is out of character for Wang.

    “He is a genuinely nice guy who is reliable and always answers his messages,” Oberoi said.

    “He’s normally a very happy person. He was always easy to get along with and I didn’t see any signs of stress on him.”


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Bumping with this link from May, hoping that Frank has been located, just need a link confirming whether he has been found or not.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/3473299/t...seen-downtown/
    May 23, 2017
    Check post #7 in this thread. It was stated that he was found, but not alive. Obviously we have no way of knowing if that’s the truth, as there is no MSM coverage after May that I can find. I’m curious about our new poster..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Has TPS linked the Wang case to the Andrew Kinsman investigation?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20,305
    Quote Originally Posted by NaanOfYourBusiness View Post
    Has TPS linked the Wang case to the Andrew Kinsman investigation?
    No, not as far as i know. imo.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    No, not as far as i know. imo.
    From all accounts both guys totally out-of-character vanishing within a few weeks this spring.
    Last seen around Allan Gardens. And that is right in densely-populated Toronto! This is baffling!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    27
    Hi there everyone, looking for an update on this. Has anyone seen confirmation that ZFW was located? I'm reviewing a few similar threads involving disappearances in this neighbourhood.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Safe Canada - Melinda McCaffrey, 39, Toronto, 24 May 2017
    By Ava_TO in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-25-2017, 11:21 PM
  2. CANADA Canada - Franco 'Frank' Lista, 59, Toronto, 3 Nov 2016
    By dotr in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 06:23 PM

Tags for this Thread