Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltexans

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
ATTENTION WEBSLEUTHS MEMBERS:

Recently a handful of posters has been bickering, going off topic, and in general being a major pain in our moderator’s behinds.

The next person that argues posts something totally off topic or does anything against our terms of service that poster will get a time out and I will keep giving time outs until everyone understands.

This thread is about Yingying and her tragic murder. It is not for you to bicker back and forth about things that have NOTHING to do with Yingying.

If you have a problem with a post, hit the Alert button in the lower left-hand corner and follow the directions. Even if a poster directly calls you out, you need to ignore and alert. Let us handle it.

We do not allow rumors, posts from other forums, or posts from other blogs.

We do allow things relevant to the case to be discussed. Since the Fetlife website is in the affidavit, then we can discuss what this site has to do with the case. Please do not post any pictures or links to the site.

If you see something you don’t like you must alert and then scroll past the problem post.

Finally, our moderator “liltexans” is a fantastic and dedicated moderator. When liltexan speaks, you must listen to her. Show her the respect she deserves as one of our moderators.

You don’t want me to come back to this thread again. I am old, cranky, and I am desperate for a chocolate shake; therefore, I am not in a great mood. Best to listen to liltexan and post without violating our terms of service http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Thank you,

Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

UPDATE: Police release new details about missing UI scholar

image1.PNG

Police spokesman Pat Wade said Yingying Zhang, 26, boarded a Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District Teal line bus at 1:35 p.m. Friday at the south shelter at the Orchard Downs complex in Urbana. She got off the bus at 1:52 p.m. at Springfield and Mathews avenues in Urbana and hasn't been seen since then.

Wade said the last time she was seen, Zhang was wearing a charcoal-gray hat with a white logo on the front, a white/pink flannel long-sleeve shirt, a white undershirt, jeans, white shoes and a navy-blue backpack. She has shoulder-length brown hair and wears glasses.
89416_0611_loca_yingying_zhang.jpg

attachment.php

Multiple attempts to contact her at her home and on her cellphone have been unsuccessful, Wade said. Police have also talked to friends and checked local hospitals, as is routine in missing-persons cases.

The visiting scholar from China was headed to the One North apartment complex on North Lincoln Avenue in Urbana on Friday to sign a lease, Wade said.

"She texted the property manager at One North at 1:30 p.m., said she was going to be late and never showed up. That was the last anyone has heard from her," he said.
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...ase-new-details-about-missing-ui-scholar.html

The FBI says it has located the car that a missing Chinese scholar studying at the University of Illinois was last seen getting into earlier this month.

The FBI said in a Tuesday statement that it's received "numerous leads" regarding the black Saturn Astra and won't need any further information on the vehicle. Authorities also said they've developed "several additional leads" in the investigation.

FBI spokesman Brad Ware declined to give further details.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/fbi-locates-car-related-to-missing-chinese-scholar-case/2155842/

On Friday night, a day after hundreds marched in Urbana in support of Yingying Zhang, the FBI announced the arrest of Brendt Christensen, 28, of Champaign, on a federal criminal complaint that charges him with Zhang’s June 9 kidnapping.

Authorities said they think Zhang is no longer alive based on audio FBI agents heard of Christensen, under surveillance Thursday, describing how he kidnapped her and what the bureau described only as “other facts uncovered during the investigation of this matter.”

FBI spokesman Brad Ware said he couldn’t comment on where Zhang might be, saying: “It’s still an ongoing investigation.”

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...ted-ui-scholars-disappearance-fbi-presumes-he

Previous Thread - #4

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 246
Dear Websleuths Members,

In true crime, we have to deal with some very ugly topics, pictures, and situations.

We are a true crime discussion forum. It's what we do.

The police released documents saying the suspect had an account at Fetlife.

Our member mrsobrien did incredible sleuthing and came up with some posts by the suspect at Fetlife.

As sure as one can be the documents mrsobrien will post are from Brendt Christensen.

Fetlife was in the documents released by the police and will more than likely play a big role in a trial if there is one.

If you do not like it, if you find this offensive then you can choose not to participate in the discussion. You can leave the discussion
altogether if you like but please do not post any complaints or accuse Websleuths of doing horrible things.

Mrsobrien will be here shortly.

Thank you mrsobrien and all the members who sleuthed this part of the case.

Tricia

Personal disclaimer: I am a sex positive person with no issues with fetish communities. I also defend art and music like no other... in this context though, no beuno.

The following details are from Brendt Christensen’s Fetlife profile, username Akuma689. I believe this gives much insight into his interests and possible motive for the kidnapping and probable murder of Yingying. Of particular interest is the themed groups (abduction, ropes/chains bondage, fear, domination, BDSM, etc) he was a member of. I did not enter the vast majority of these groups. I also did not find any posts made by BC, but it's possible that the search function doesn't allow to search by user or that he was a lurker. I did see some social interaction between he and other members local to him, I've redacted that content from my screen shots for their privacy.

I viewed this site in the wee hours (PST) of July 1st, so keep that in mind when reading “24 days ago” and other time references. Given that I don't know what time zone Fetlife is in, the dates could be +/- 1 day as I was there between midnight and 1 am.

You can see the shots here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxaBCXtm5qnCNWJUbENlc1NRMDQ

I think that BC was on this site to network with folks with similar interests, though I bet he's among the very few that took his fantasy to a real life level. I have to wonder used the fantasy groups to inspire his crimes or if any of this content can provide insight into what he did to Yingying. Could he have filmed any part of the crime? Was she bound?

June 9: Yingying disappears

June 7: Date of last activity on Fetlife

Info on Fetlife:*
Akuma689, 28M Champaign, Ill
Married, dating
Is looking for a relationship, and mentor/teacher, and play partner, princess by day, s**t by night, friendship, and mistress, a sub, a slave.

24 days prior to July 1st, approximately June 7, two days before Yingying disappears. BC updates his profile and engages in social activity that I won't detail out of respect for the other parties’ privacy.

2 months prior to July 1: Active on Fetlife
****** Updates profile several times
**** Changes role to Dominant
***** Changes his role to Hedonist
****** Lists himself as married
****** Lists himself as being interested in (this list is snipped for focus)
Watching others wear shackles
Sex with strangers
Giving sensual domination
Sensory deprivation
Everything to do with sadomasochism
Rituals
Outdoor sex
Giving Objectification
Making home movies
Giving fear
Face slapping
Exhibitionism
Emotional sadism
Degradation
Defilement
Watching others wear chains
Giving belt whippings
Giving behavior modification
Receiving begging
Giving bare bottom spanking
Everything to do with: Anonymous encounters
Everything to do with Abduction play
Everything to do with Consensual nonconsent play
Giving Domination
Giving humiliation
Giving Pain
Giving sadism
Giving discipline
Giving Master/slave
Giving Mind *advertiser censored**ks
Everything to do with Predator/Prey
Giving bondage

Also two months prior to July 1st, joined groups (snipped)
5 different local BDSM groups
Domestic discipline
Fear play
Submissive/slaves
Mental BDSM, verbal humiliation, & mind f’s
Practicing polyamory
Primal, all types
Male owner, female property
Consensual nonconsent, blackmail, and slavery
Rope bondage
Predicament bondage
Behavior modification
Anonymous encounters
Abduction 101

Three months prior to July 1st
·******** Joined Fetlife
·******** Changed nickname from Buck_Dich689 to Akuma689
(Buck Dich is a song with very strong lyrics describing abuse and degradation http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/rammstein/bck+dich+bend+down+english_20619555.html)

Eta: why I'm so sure it's him:
He uses the prefix Akuma in other SM handles (Steam for example), 689 refers to his month and year of birth and is also used in other SM (Okcupid). The age, sex, and specific location are correct. There were pics including him in friends' profiles, I did not screen shot those as they were not his profile.

Fetlife management has apparently confirmed his identity as well, there was a thread in Abduction 101 that bore his full real name shortly before the group disappeared from view. I didnt get to read it before it poofed. Not sure if the group has been deleted or is in some sort of invisible mode or something, I didn't officially join the group, I just lurked around. All his friends have removed references to relationships with him.

I'm a skeptic by nature, but given all this...I'm 100% confident this is BC.

Mod Note

BC's wife is OFF LIMITS.

The woman from the march is OFF LIMITS.

STOP discussing and/or asking questions about either of these women.

STOP trying to find out if anyone is currently living in his apartment.

TIme Outs will be issued to those who continue to post with a disregard for the rules.

Final warning.

Skigirl earlier called this case “bats**t crazy” which I think ironic given the initials of a certain individual ;) …but I still go back-and-forth between thinking BC is outright insane, or perhaps he's brilliant and but for one lone street camera may have totally gotten away with this… (scary thought!)

Skigirl earlier called this case “bats**t crazy” which I think ironic given the initials of a certain individual ;) …but I still go back-and-forth between thinking BC is outright insane, or perhaps he's brilliant and but for one lone street camera may have totally gotten away with this… (scary thought!)

What do the Police and Jung have in common? (..oO synchronicity)

I can't believe we are 5 threads deep and still no Yingying. Her poor family. :(

I opt for insane, though not in the legal sense, or more likely, just damn evil. I do not think he was brilliant in any way in this abduction and probable murder. I am always surprised here when it seems that LE is floundering or evidence is lacking in a case, and then when it is all spilled out, LE has known almost every move taken along the way. I have seen it played out more times than I can count here, and considering that BC was on their radar a mere 3 days after the kidnapping of Yingying, I believe we will find that will likely be the case here as well. I have great faith in the FBI, and I don't let the fact that Yingying's remains have not been found yet change that feeling. BC was careless in his digital footprint being so easily searched out, he was careless in getting seen on cam, during the initial abduction, and possibly far more times than we know of, he was carelessly cocky enough to discuss his crime and discuss other possible victims when any reasonably smart person would have known they were being watched. We don't know how many other slip-ups he has had, but I bet there have been many, and I bet LE has been all over them. JMO

BC is not brilliant in any way. Seems he's way dumber than someone with his education would indicate tbh. It's why I dont see any way he's a serial offender. He couldn't wait to blab about it and made no (or very amateurish) attempts to cover his tracks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Book smart not street smart

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Complaint in this case would not be written by FBI. It would be written by US attorneys' office for the Southern District of Illinois, often drafted in the first instance by junior lawyers and then edited by those higher up. Given his proximity to other females and his outward statements talking about other victims, they had to act as soon as possible to get him in custody provided they have probable cause for an arrest, which after the audio and given 24 hours lapsed after she went missing, they had the minimum for an arrest. A complaint is just a complaint-its not the final case, and I expect many charges will be added in the future since they want to delay as long as possible so as not to start the clock running on their key charges before the body is found and there's no reason to rush because he is in custody. I would not be surprised if we see a motion to dismiss filed in a few weeks on some of the legal grounds but even that will take weeks or months to resolve.

BC is not brilliant in any way. Seems he's way dumber than someone with his education would indicate tbh. It's why I dont see any way he's a serial offender. He couldn't wait to blab about it and made no (or very amateurish) attempts to cover his tracks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Indeed, that is one reason why I question whether this was well planned out to get someone that specific day or whether this was just a crime of opportunity- that is, he fantasized about it for months, thought about it but did not iron out all the details; he saw her that day looking vulnerable and in a momentary impulse executed the crime. If it's the latter, surely he would have made plenty of mistakes with the DNA

Really, if you know the cops are watching you who would tell a trusted person details of the crime? And go to the vigil? And say incriminating things at the vigil? I wonder if they will argue insanity, I don't think he's insane but the crime and some of his actions afterward do not mirror those as much as pre-planned serial killers like Bundy.

Complaint in this case would not be written by FBI. It would be written by US attorneys' office for the Southern District of Illinois, often drafted in the first instance by junior lawyers and then edited by those higher up. Given his proximity to other females and his outward statements talking about other victims, they had to act as soon as possible to get him in custody provided they have probable cause for an arrest, which after the audio and given 24 hours lapsed after she went missing, they had the minimum for an arrest. A complaint is just a complaint-its not the final case, and I expect many charges will be added in the future since they want to delay as long as possible so as not to start the clock running on their key charges before the body is found and there's no reason to rush because he is in custody. I would not be surprised if we see a motion to dismiss filed in a few weeks on some of the legal grounds but even that will take weeks or months to resolve.

The complaint was written by Anthony Manganaro, FBI special agent. Also, It was filed in the Central District of Illinois. I highly recommend you actually read the complaint which has been posted multiple times as you are stating wrong information repeatedly in this thread and the last. It's very short and will take only a few minutes.

Please find Ying Ying before this thread ends, her family deserve answers.

I keep thinking about one of the mysteries of this case: why LE (who seems quite certain YZ is deceased) has never engaged the public to assist in specific searches for the body, nor even been seen searching themselves? …a few thoughts:
1) They believe/know from evidence they have that the body was incinerated, chopped up, or otherwise destroyed and then parts spread to multiple locations (and it’s too gruesome to have the public searching for).
2) They believe the body ended up at a landfill (or some other site off-limits to the public), and have been searching themselves out-of-sight of the public, but not asking for assistance.
(not sure how long it would take to discover a body at a landfill with cadaver dogs, and wouldn’t word leak out if they’ve been searching a landfill for this long?).
3) They believe the body was dumped in a body-of-water, again where the public can’t easily assist, but again why haven’t we heard of professional divers/equipment etc. being employed at specific locations?
4) If evidence pointed to the body being dumped in a farm-field, I s’pose a farmer may not want 100’s of townspeople trampling through his field?
5) They have reason to believe the body was taken far outside the area, but they don’t know where or what direction.
6) They have found the body or parts of it, but aren't releasing any information, subject to further testing and piecing together more of what happened.
I don’t find any of these possibilities very satisfactory; other ideas? I hope once the crime is fully solved, this and other elements of the FBI’s behavior will make more sense.

Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but I have a strong feeling that Yingying's remains have already been found.

I keep thinking about one of the mysteries of this case: why LE (who seems quite certain YZ is deceased) has never engaged the public to assist in specific searches for the body, nor even been seen searching themselves? …a few thoughts:
1) They believe/know from evidence they have that the body was incinerated, chopped up, or otherwise destroyed and then parts spread to multiple locations (and it’s too gruesome to have the public searching for).
2) They believe the body ended up at a landfill (or some other site off-limits to the public), and have been searching themselves out-of-sight of the public, but not asking for assistance.
(not sure how long it would take to discover a body at a landfill with cadaver dogs, and wouldn’t word leak out if they’ve been searching a landfill for this long?).
3) They believe the body was dumped in a body-of-water, again where the public can’t easily assist, but again why haven’t we heard of professional divers/equipment etc. being employed at specific locations?
4) If evidence pointed to the body being dumped in a farm-field, I s’pose a farmer may not want 100’s of townspeople trampling through his field?
5) They have reason to believe the body was taken far outside the area, but they don’t know where or what direction.
6) They have found the body or parts of it, but aren't releasing any information, subject to further testing and piecing together more of what happened.
I don’t find any of these possibilities very satisfactory; other ideas? I hope once the crime is fully solved, this and other elements of the FBI’s behavior will make more sense.

I have to admit, this is one of the aspects of this case that has really baffled me, as well. My best guess is that, even though LE certainly wants to, for the sake of her family, and needs to, for the sake of the case, find YingYing, there is not quite the same sense of urgency recovering a body as there is rescuing a living person. LE has made it clear that they believe she is already dead, so there is no further danger to her by not having found her yet. To just randomly search, without a pretty good idea of a relatively specific area to search, is almost never productive. We have all lost something at home and spent quite a bit of time turning the house upside down, looking for it. Now imagine that all you knew is you lost it somewhere you had been in the past month. I do believe that LE probably has done some general searches related to information they may have received in this investigation, and am sure finding YingYing is a higher priority for them than it may seem to us at this time. And FWIW, I do believe they will eventually find her. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail