1116 users online (156 members and 960 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - Kayla Unbehaun, 9, Wheaton, 4 July 2017

South Elgin girl, 9, and mother both reported missing amidst custody strife

A 9-year-old girl from South Elgin and her mother were reported missing July 6 after the girl was not there when her father came to pick her up after a court ordered visitation, Wheaton police said.

Kayla Unbehaun and her mother, Heather Unbehaun, 35, were last seen July 4 in Wheaton, with Heather Unbehaun driving a late model dark green Toyota Camry with Georgia license plates,
    <Snip>
    Family had told Iskerka that his daughter and her mother had gone on a camping trip in Wisconsin, he said.

“It is my belief she is not intending to return with Kayla,” Iskerka said.

“Her mother and I communicate through the Our Family Wizard website,” Iskerka said. “It assists people to help them communicate with co-parenting. I confirmed with her that it would be 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 5, that I would be picking up Kayla, and she responded that she knew. That was on June 29. I absolutely had no idea about a camping trip or anything. She did not say anything about it to me.”

Earlier on July 5, Iskerka said he used the service to send her a message around 3 p.m. that he would be 15 to 20 minutes late picking up his daughter. The website shows that Heather Unbehaun never saw that last message, Iskerka said.
    http://www.kcchronicle.com/2017/07/1...trife/aveub20/

...all of Heather Unbehaun’s social media has been canceled, her phone is turned off and she did not come to a July 7 court date concerning the couple’s ongoing custody issues. Iskerka had been granted full custody in March, with Heather Unbehaun having specified times for visitation, Iskerka said.

The couple’s relationship ended two weeks after their daughter was born, Iskerka said, but they handled visitation and parenting informally until about four years ago when Heather Unbehaun moved to Georgia, he said.
    They began to rely on the courts to formalize visitation and custody issues, Iskerka and court records show, ultimately resulting in he and his wife having full custody of Kayla Unbehaun.

Iskerka said they registered Kayla Unbehaun for fourth grade at Fox Meadow Elementary School in South Elgin, he said. Previously, the girl had attended a school in Wheaton.

“This has never happened before,” Iskerka said of Heather Unbehaun disappearing with their daughter. “Suddenly, no one knows where they’re at. That worries me. I never thought she’d do this.”
    Kayla Unbehaun is 52 inches tall, weighs 60 pounds, with blue eyes and blond hair.
    Heather Unbehaun has blue eyes, dark blond hair, is 5 foot 3 and weighs about 135 pounds.
    http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2017/0...trife/aveub20/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

This poor dad is going to have a nightmare to deal with........Family Court sucks.

The family court judge has to issue an arrest warrant for custodial intereference. Hopefully that can be done quickly and LE can go into full investigation mode.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs...2000050K10-5.5
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Still missing..

Police: South Elgin girl abducted by mother, missing since July 4

Heather has not had any contact with family since leaving with Kayla, police said.

Kayla Unbehaun is described as is described as a white girl 4 ft. 2 in. to 4 ft. 6 in tall, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Heather Unbehaun is described as a white woman, 5 ft. 3 in. tall and 135 lbs. with blonde hair and green eyes. She is believed to be driving a 2000 Toyota Camry with expired Georgia license plate PTM 3975.

The Kane County State's Attorney's office has approved one charge of child abduction when for Heather when she is located.
    http://abc7chicago.com/news/police-s...uly-4/2258699/

~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Lots of interesting comments about the mum and her family on here https://web.facebook.com/pg/Bring-Ka...=page_internal

Quote Originally Posted by omniu View Post
    Lots of interesting comments about the mum and her family on here https://web.facebook.com/pg/Bring-Ka...=page_internal
    One guy made a very good point -- if Kayla's mother had been granted primary custody and her father never showed to drop her off after his monthly visitation, it would be ALL OVER THE NEWS and law enforcement would be treating this case much more aggressively.

The truth of his statement really slapped me in the face. It's unjust on so many levels and infuriates the hell out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ✌️