791 users online (85 members and 706 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20,308

    Texas teen died while using cellphone near bath July 2017.

    http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2.../22737261.html

    Madison Coe, 14
    A Texas family is mourning the loss of a teenage girl they say died suddenly from electrocution Sunday morning in the bath.

    Madison Coe’s family told NBC’s Lubbock affiliate KCBD this week the 14-year-old died while apparently fidgeting with her cellphone.

    It’s believed Coe was in the process of plugging in her phone or picking up her charging cellphone when she was electrocuted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,642
    Thats a sad story. However, the media headlines are a bit misleading. Sort of click-bait headlines they are all using. It wasn't the cellphone that electrocuted her, it was the charger which was still plugged into the wall outlet. She might as well have dropped a toaster into the bath with her. People need to remember that if its plugged into a wall charger, that cellphone is just like any other electrical appliance.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20,308



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2017, 03:06 AM
  2. Texas 5-year-old with autism found in hot car has died
    By zwiebel in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-25-2015, 04:13 PM
  3. Teen with autism died after refusing to use the toilet for 8 weeks
    By zwiebel in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 04:15 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-21-2014, 02:49 AM
  5. Texas Prisons Install Cellphone-Blocking Equipmen
    By fhc in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 06:37 PM