1463 users online (281 members and 1182 guests)  

Websleuths News

Older St Bernard Finds Forever Home and Friends at Assisted Living

Well, an older St. Bernard that was turned in to Macomb County Animal Control is now getting a lot of love in his new home with the senior citizens at Sunrise of Bloomfield in Bloomfield Hills.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/oakl...ving-community
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post
    Well, an older St. Bernard that was turned in to Macomb County Animal Control is now getting a lot of love in his new home with the senior citizens at Sunrise of Bloomfield in Bloomfield Hills.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/oakl...ving-community
    Lovely story thank you for sharing michmi. I love St Bernard's and all dogs.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

There is no excuse for human or animal abuse.

Oh, I love this story too! I always hesitate to read any animal stories here because they all make me cry - whether the news if good or not good, it seems.

I volunteer with a rescue shelter (our mission is ending euthanasia of adoptable dogs and cats so we rescue as many as we can from our county's E-List) and was so happy that 3 of our senior dogs (larger dogs, 8 and 9 years old) were adopted into wonderful homes this past weekend! Here's to older dogs finding love late in life too!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
    Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by AzPistonsGirl View Post
    Oh, I love this story too! I always hesitate to read any animal stories here because they all make me cry - whether the news if good or not good, it seems.

I volunteer with a rescue shelter (our mission is ending euthanasia of adoptable dogs and cats so we rescue as many as we can from our county's E-List) and was so happy that 3 of our senior dogs (larger dogs, 8 and 9 years old) were adopted into wonderful homes this past weekend! Here's to older dogs finding love late in life too!
    Love this story as well. So heartwarming! Such a wonderful idea for the residents and the dogs.

I quoted your post because I was so glad to read about your volunteer work at the rescue shelter. That is really wonderful of you to do that, and you deserve a huge pat on the back! Thanks for sharing too about getting the older dogs adopted into good homes.

I love reading happy news...

I have such a soft heart for the older dogs. When I adopt, I always ask if there is an older dog in need of a home. I have 1 old man here with me now, he is 12 but acts like a puppy. Just a wonderful personality.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post
    I have such a soft heart for the older dogs. When I adopt, I always ask if there is an older dog in need of a home. I have 1 old man here with me now, he is 12 but acts like a puppy. Just a wonderful personality.
    Yep our Old Man, resuced and likely born in '05-'06 can still jump high enough from the floor to bump into your elbow!