Found Deceased AZ - Katczinzki Ariel Begay, 26, Oak Springs, 3 July 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Katczinzki Ariel Begay, 26, was last seen by her family as she was leaving the family residence in Oak Springs on July 3 with her boyfriend, Lyle.

They have made contact with friends and relatives who saw her in Allentown attempting to get to Lupton on July 4 but the last telephone conversation with her occurred on July 5 when she was in Lupton.

Family members said that beginning on July 8 when they reported her missing, they have been searching in the Gallup area for her without success.

She was last seen wearing light blue jeans and a gray sweater. She was also carrying a black purse with a gold strap.

She was described as being Native American with black hair and brown eyes. She is about 5’3” and weights 94 pounds.

http://navajotimes.com/reznews/family-police-seek-help-locate-missing-woman/
685bc2812a1a4676d8876732578abe3a.jpg

Clicked on bf's fb. Looks like he isn't worried ...IMO

i agree from what i am able to read. I dislike wen for when, sum for some, etc. It hurts my old brain to attenpt to read.

lol...

I live about 20 miles from Oaksprings. Its a heavily wooded area. Oaksprings to Lupton is about 7 miles'ish. From Lupton to Allentown is about another 8-10 miles (?). From Allentown to Lupton is right along I-40 (Interstate). The towns are practically on the interstate. Very small towns. When i first read the poster my thought was that she might've hitchhiked? The poster doesn't say how they got form one place to the next. Did the bf have a car? I too glanced at the bf's fb page. He hasn't posted since June. She was reported missing beginning of July. Ironically, she posted a link to "Missing persons" on her FB page on June 21 (?). and a few weeks later she's missing. I hope she is found safe and unharmed

I live about 20 miles from Oaksprings. Its a heavily wooded area. Oaksprings to Lupton is about 7 miles'ish. From Lupton to Allentown is about another 8-10 miles (?). From Allentown to Lupton is right along I-40 (Interstate). The towns are practically on the interstate. Very small towns. When i first read the poster my thought was that she might've hitchhiked? The poster doesn't say how they got form one place to the next. Did the bf have a car? I too glanced at the bf's fb page. He hasn't posted since June. She was reported missing beginning of July. Ironically, she posted a link to "Missing persons" on her FB page on June 21 (?). and a few weeks later she's missing. I hope she is found safe and unharmed
He updated his profile pic twice since she went missing. It is an old picture but he did update on July 12 and July 16th.

ETA It is interesting about the missing person post. It seems though it is an alert system for a child missing under 17.

Moo

Agree, it is strange about the Missing post and then she is gone!

If you go to mum's fb, she is posting desperately about her, on the other side, the bf nothing, don't know what to think about...

He updated his profile pic twice since she went missing. It is an old picture but he did update on July 12 and July 16th.

ETA It is interesting about the missing person post. It seems though it is an alert system for a child missing under 17.

Moo

Its been recently in the news and on capital hill that the tribe is trying to get Amber Alerts (and hopefully other alerts) on the reservation (which is where Lupton, and Oaksprings, and probably Allentown are). Sadly, just recently when a child was abducted in New Mexico on the same rez, is when it was really pushed into the spotlight that Alerts of any kind were not on the rez. Yet, obviously, there are missing persons cases thru out the rez. Mostly adults, teens. But not til the 9-10 year old was abducted and killed did they spotlighted the fact the rez does not have any kind of alert system in place. No 911, no amber alert. So, the poster could be something generated by the family? I'm not sure if the tribal police put that together. Some good samaritan created a missing persons page on facebook. Navajo Nation Missing persons update is the title of it on fb. I did not know so many people were missing from the rez. I am new to fb and recently scrolled thru it. This case has been shared by several people. When i look at other cases on tv about missing persons. It seems like community and law enforcement do a grid search within days. I don't think anything like that is in place. Or no persons of interests are observed. I don't even know the process, if any. I think the police services are limited for one thing, and there is probably no policy in place to deal with this type of issue. Sorry for dragging this out. haha. If someone i was dating went missing like that, i'd be sharing that poster daily. Certainly not posting selfies. So sad.

Unfortunately, most reservations keep to themselves and do not get outside government agencies involved in their business for almost nothing. The police cannot get themselves involved unless they are invited to do so. They are helpless. There are numerous murders and other crimes that go unreported unfortunately on reservations. I was just reading something about this very thing about a reservation in California near Ontario. I worked on a reservation in MN and we were fearful of the different families that had Hatfield/McCoy like relationships with each other and what they might do and how we may get in the middle of it. It is a real thing.

https://www.facebook.com/NavajoNationMissingPersonsUpdates/

If you scroll down, it mentions a memorial service and also a post on 10/19/17 indicates her body was found. Nothing more than that.

Katczinzki Ariel Begay, 26, was last seen by her family as she was leaving the family residence in Oak Springs on July 3 with her boyfriend, Lyle.

They have made contact with friends and relatives who saw her in Allentown attempting to get to Lupton on July 4 but the last telephone conversation with her occurred on July 5 when she was in Lupton.

Family members said that beginning on July 8 when they reported her missing, they have been searching in the Gallup area for her without success.

She was last seen wearing light blue jeans and a gray sweater. She was also carrying a black purse with a gold strap.

She was described as being Native American with black hair and brown eyes. She is about 5’3” and weights 94 pounds.

http://navajotimes.com/reznews/family-police-seek-help-locate-missing-woman/
685bc2812a1a4676d8876732578abe3a.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine