970 users online (212 members and 758 guests)  

Websleuths News

GA - Eva 'Gwen' Allen, 67, Lithonia, 4 July 2017

Police are searching for a DeKalb County woman who has been missing for over a week.

Eva Allen, 67, was last seen around 1:30 a.m. on July 4 at a home on the 3600 block of Snapfinger Road in Lithonia.

Allen is described as a black woman standing around 5'2" tall and weighing about 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a maroon shirt and black pants.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/35877866/...b-county-woman

LITHONIA, Ga. – “Lord, I don't know where Gwen is, but you know where she is. All I ask you to do, is just keep her safe and remember [daughters] Monica and Nicole—make them strong, so they can endure whatever the outcome is. Amen.”

Dorothy Ellington, 76, recites the prayer she says for her “baby” sister’s safe return home. The last time she saw her was June 30 after visiting their oldest sister, Pearl. But she would never arrive at her family’s reunion on July 6.

Her sister, Eva “Gwen” Allen was last seen leaving her group home, located at 3669 Snapfinger Road, in Lithonia, Ga., just off of Interstate 20, around 1 a.m., on July 4.
    Eva "Gwen" Allen went missing from this group home in Lithonia, Ga., around 1 a.m., on July 4, 2017.

According to her family, Eva, the youngest of 16 siblings and originally from Tuskegee, Ala., has bipolar disorder for which she takes medication for.

“Wherever she is, she needs her medicine,” Ellington said. “I don't know whether they will find her alive or not… because 16 days missing is a long time, and anything could have happened during that period of time.”
    Her daughter, Debra “Monica” Allen, last saw her on June 29, when she visited her at the group home where her 67-year-old mom has been living for about nine months, after she was found wandering around on a highway last year.
    http://www.11alive.com/news/local/mi...va-1/458186806

poor lady must be so scared

Eva's news missing Facebook page...

https://m.facebook.com/fox5atlanta/p...645823/?type=3

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

According to the cell phone records, she said, from July 2 up until July 9, someone was dialing 1-2-3, indicating possible confusion—and making her family believe that she is starting to forget things and now doesn’t know how to contact them.

If you have any information about Eva’s whereabouts, call 911, or the DeKalb County Police at (678) 406-6792.

Her daughter, Debra “Monica” Allen, last saw her on June 29, when she visited her at the group home where her 67-year-old mom has been living for about nine months, after she was found wandering around on a highway last year.

Eva's daughter, Debra Allen, gets emotional when talking about her mom who has been missing since July 4, 2017.

“Her bipolar flared up and she was caught walking along the expressway. The police picked her up, and nobody could go pick her up at that time of the morning, so they carried her to jail. She stayed in jail for three days and then put her in Grady hospital. And when she went to Grady, they told her that she couldn't live by herself anymore,” Ellington remembered.
    It was a hard decision for her two daughters, but Debra said, with both of them working full-time jobs, they just couldn’t give her the round-the-clock care she needed.
    “She needs somebody watching her all day. She needs somebody making sure that she's taking her medicine.”

er daughter, Debra “Monica” Allen, last saw her on June 29, when she visited her at the group home where her 67-year-old mom has been living for about nine months, after she was found wandering around on a highway last year.

Eva's daughter, Debra Allen, gets emotional when talking about her mom who has been missing since July 4, 2017.

“Her bipolar flared up and she was caught walking along the expressway. The police picked her up, and nobody could go pick her up at that time of the morning, so they carried her to jail. She stayed in jail for three days and then put her in Grady hospital. And when she went to Grady, they told her that she couldn't live by herself anymore,” Ellington remembered.
    It was a hard decision for her two daughters, but Debra said, with both of them working full-time jobs, they just couldn’t give her the round-the-clock care she needed.
    “She needs somebody watching her all day. She needs somebody making sure that she's taking her medicine.”

Eva "Gwen" Allen went missing from this group home in Lithonia, Ga., around 1 a.m., on July 4, 2017.

Gees. She can't have gone too far. She was on foot! And when is the last time someone working at the group home saw her and how did she get out of the house without it being noticed?

All I have is questions.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaTime View Post
    Gees. She can't have gone too far. She was on foot! And when is the last time someone working at the group home saw her and how did she get out of the house without it being noticed?

All I have is questions.
    The article notes she left the group home at 1 a.m. on July 4th....seriously? They don't lock the doors?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2326 View Post
    The article notes she left the group home at 1 a.m. on July 4th....seriously? They don't lock the doors?

Oh my...and with the fireworks possibly still going off.

No updates....how strange.