981 users online (125 members and 856 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaWL7TR View Post
    Woah...wait. Didn't they search the home once is this a second search.
    Sorry, reading backwards to forwards.
    Hmmm...they didn't search the home when she was first reported missing, before she was found? I thought that was one of the first places on the list to search.

Quote Originally Posted by loveisthemovement View Post
    Hmmm...they didn't search the home when she was first reported missing, before she was found? I thought that was one of the first places on the list to search.
    I thought I read they did. I need to go back and read.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...ustody/2331141

Before Janessa Shannon's death, parents traded accusations of abuse
    Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:00am
    TAMPA — Long before Janessa Shannon's remains were discovered in a Hillsborough County nature preserve, her parents tried to convince court officials that she was in danger.
    From her own family.
    A child support battle between her mother, Michelle Mosley, 35, and father, Nahshon Shannon, 37, had played out in court in Manatee County almost all of the 13-year-old girl's life.
    "Nahshon and his family have severe problems controlling their anger," the mother wrote in a 2008 court document. "I fear someone in his family will hurt my children."
    "This is truly unsafe," the father wrote in a court document last year. "Mother is unfit to provide a safe environment for the children."
    Hillsborough sheriff's officials have named no suspects in Janessa's death.
    […]

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...school/2331202
    13-year-old Janessa's father holds memorial service at Rogers Middle School
    Saturday, July 22, 2017 9:13pm

Very sad....

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Some people should just never have children..

I find this interestin and sad....probably why the search at the father's house.

A child support battle between her mother, Michelle Mosley, 35, and father, Nahshon Shannon, 37, had played out in court in Manatee County almost all of the 13-year-old girl's life.

"Nahshon and his family have severe problems controlling their anger," the mother wrote in a 2008 court document. "I fear someone in his family will hurt my children."

"This is truly unsafe," the father wrote in a court document last year. "Mother is unfit to provide a safe environment for the children."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...ustody/2331141

Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office changes missing person policy

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. - The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is now sending media notifications for every missing person and child in the county. In the past, the media has relied, in part, on law enforcement judgment about whether to air or publish stories regarding missing people.
    The policy change comes after a missing 13-year-old girl's body was found in a nature preserve in Riverview on July, 12. Janessa Shannon's parents reported her missing on July, 3. She was last seen two days earlier. The sheriff's office said they never sent a missing juvenile alert because she was not considered endangered due to the fact that both parents said that she had run away previously. Shannon's mother denied ever saying that her daughter had run away before.

Many news outlets learned about Shannon's disappearance from social medial pleas made by her family.
    http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/-h...-person-policy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office changes missing person policy

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/-h...-person-policy
    At least one good thing came out of this.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-death/2340039
    BREAKING: Father charged in 13-year-old Janessa Shannon's death
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 4:20pm
    TAMPA — Nahshon Shannon once told a judge his ex-girlfriend was "unfit to provide a safe environment for the children."
    On Thursday, authorities charged him with the murder of their 13-year-old daughter, Janessa.
    Shannon was arrested Thursday afternoon at his Riverview home, Hillsborough County sheriff's officials said. He faces charges of first-degree felony murder and aggravated child abuse.
    The arrest capped a three-month investigation, which began after Janessa's body was found July 12 in the rugged, isolated Triple Creek Nature Preserve in southeastern Hillsborough.
    […]

Tears for sweet girl...Justice done.

Sick POS held a memorial for her after she was discovered as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SeesSeas View Post
    BREAKING: Father charged in 13-year-old Janessa Shannon's death
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 4:20pm
    TAMPA — Nahshon Shannon once told a judge his ex-girlfriend was "unfit to provide a safe environment for the children."
    On Thursday, authorities charged him with the murder of their 13-year-old daughter, Janessa.
    Shannon was arrested Thursday afternoon at his Riverview home, Hillsborough County sheriff's officials said. He faces charges of first-degree felony murder and aggravated child abuse.
    The arrest capped a three-month investigation, which began after Janessa's body was found July 12 in the rugged, isolated Triple Creek Nature Preserve in southeastern Hillsborough.
    […]
    He faces charges of first-degree felony murder and aggravated child abuse.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-...-murdered-teen

http://www.tampabay.com/news/father-...alized/2340150
    BREAKING: Janessa Shannon, 13, may have been strangled, had cocaine and alcohol traces in her body, court record says
    Friday, October 6, 2017 5:02pm
    [...]
    Dirt recovered from his Jeep Cherokee was a 99 percent match for soil samples taken from her grave site, the University of South Florida's Anthropology Department concluded. A shovel in his garage carried mixed sediments matching both dirt in his yard and dirt from the area where the body was found. His DNA matched DNA on the shovel.
    There were four screw holes on the shovel handle. Two contained screws; two did not. Crime scene technicians found a small gray Phillips head wood screw near Janessa's body that appeared consistent with those on the shovel, according to the court motion.
    The shovel, modified, was unique, prosecutor Jay Pruner wrote in his motion. The screws weren't the originals. Paint in one of the holes was consistent with paint on the screw from the scene.
    [...]
    Nahshon Shannon, 37, of Riverview, made his first appearance in front of a Hillsborough County judge on Friday to face charges he murdered the girl. He was ordered held without bond, at least until a 10 a.m. hearing Wednesday.
    [...]

Quote Originally Posted by SeesSeas View Post
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/father-...alized/2340150
    BREAKING: Janessa Shannon, 13, may have been strangled, had cocaine and alcohol traces in her body, court record says
    Friday, October 6, 2017 5:02pm
    [...]
    Dirt recovered from his Jeep Cherokee was a 99 percent match for soil samples taken from her grave site, the University of South Florida's Anthropology Department concluded. A shovel in his garage carried mixed sediments matching both dirt in his yard and dirt from the area where the body was found. His DNA matched DNA on the shovel.
    There were four screw holes on the shovel handle. Two contained screws; two did not. Crime scene technicians found a small gray Phillips head wood screw near Janessa's body that appeared consistent with those on the shovel, according to the court motion.
    The shovel, modified, was unique, prosecutor Jay Pruner wrote in his motion. The screws weren't the originals. Paint in one of the holes was consistent with paint on the screw from the scene.
    [...]
    Nahshon Shannon, 37, of Riverview, made his first appearance in front of a Hillsborough County judge on Friday to face charges he murdered the girl. He was ordered held without bond, at least until a 10 a.m. hearing Wednesday.
    [...]
    Well now...that's quite a predicament.....justice for sweet girl.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast