1238 users online (190 members and 1048 guests)  

Websleuths News

CARIIS is online now "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?

Pls -one only we can go off - What is your most informative anchor?

Pls -one only we can go off - What is your most informative anchor?
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!

Rachel, then Chris Hayes.
    I love Katy Tur and Joy Reed.

Rachel is the queen poobah of TV anchors.
    Her ratings prove it.
    It's all MOO

Keep in mind I live in Canada and I don't watch American news enough to have a favorite.

Peter Mansbridge who hosts the National but he's about to leave. So he doesn't really count.

Supposedly the CBC is going to rotate anchors and if Ian Hanomansing shows up he will be my favorite.

http://www.cbc.ca/mediacentre/bio/ian-hanomansing

I also enjoy and learn a lot from John Oliver.

Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper, Don Lemmon (because he just cannot stifle his incredulity), Stephen Colbert, John Oliver (excellent show always), Chris Hayes

As for guests, I always like hearing what Carl Bernstein has to say. And Dan Rather because of his colorful sayings. And Jeffrey Toobin for explanations of all things legal.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper, Don Lemmon (because he just cannot stifle his incredulity), Stephen Colbert, John Oliver (excellent show always), Chris Hayes

As for guests, I always like hearing what Carl Bernstein has to say. And Dan Rather because of his colorful sayings. And Jeffrey Toobin for explanations of all things legal.
    Don Lemon would probably top my USA list. I just don't watch him enough to be sure.
    Silence means security, silence means approval.

CARIIS is online now "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?
    Quote Originally Posted by everybodhi View Post
    Rachel, then Chris Hayes.
    I love Katy Tur and Joy Reed.

Rachel is the queen poobah of TV anchors.
    Her ratings prove it.
    Katy is growing on me she is tough cookie!!Love Joy

Cant stand Chris he takes to long to ask the darn question!!!

and of course then there is

Rachel yea ye a yea oncore more

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post

\\

Totally faded on CNN loved Anderson years ago newver cared for Don way to passive aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    \\

Totally faded on CNN loved Anderson years ago newver cared for Don way to passive aggressive
    Oh, I forgot about Anderson. I used to like him. My list would be different if I watched US news. I don't even know who is hosting the big 3 at 6:30pm.

I swore off cable for years and signed back up during the election, now I'm a cable news junkie, I should probably unsubscribe soon.

I've seen some clips today from this guy named Shep Smith on Fox.
    He sounds great.
    It's all MOO

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    I've watched CNN since we've had cable in these parts (1984). I especially like Wolf Blitzer (despite his strange speech patterns). Anderson Cooper's alright, but I don't like some of his contentious panelists. Erin Burnett's evening show is a total waste of time. She reads from a script or teleprompter and can't seem to string more than a few phrases together without referring to notes. Dana Bash is by far the most intelligent contributor to the CNN cache and should have her own show. I like Lester Holt and watch NBC evening news faithfully every night.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Don Lemon would probably top my USA list. I just don't watch him enough to be sure.
    I've only seen clips online and am always impressed, but a few people who watch him regularly see more flaws. I wish I could watch him more often.