1096 users online (183 members and 913 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Senator John McCain has blood clot surgery putting healthcare vote at risk of no vote

US Senator John McCain will remain in Arizona next week to recuperate from a medical procedure that removed a 2-inch blood clot above his left eye, his office announced in a statement on Saturday.

It was unclear how McCain's absence might affect a crucial Senate vote on legislation to dismantle and replace Obamacare, with Republicans so divided that the absence of a single 'yes' vote could doom the healthcare bill.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4mxTO52fn

Hope you recover well Senator McCain I have a huge amount of respect for you.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

There is no excuse for human or animal abuse.

Update

"The Senate will delay a vote initially scheduled for this coming week on repealing and replacing Obamacare after Arizona Senator John McCain announced Saturday he would not return to Washington for at least a week while he recovers from surgery.

McCain will remain in Arizona next week to recuperate from a medical procedure that removed a 2-inch blood clot above his left eye, his office announced in a statement on Saturday."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4mxfLCKUG
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Senator John McCain has blood clot surgery putting healthcare vote at risk of no vote

Interesting that he has a medical emergency right before voting on medical care! I hope he has a swift and easy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 2001 Sarah Kinslow vanished after being dropped off at school. Thirteen years have passed...where is she?

I have a lot of respect for him as well.

Also hope he recovers soon.

The removal of the 2 inch blood clot was done by a "minimally invasive craniotomy". Yikes! If that doesn't sound like an oxymoron.

Yes, best of wishes to Sen. McCain. He's 80 yrs. old.

"Arizona Senator John McCain’s surgery to remove a blood clot from above his left eye may be more serious than he is letting on, medical experts said on Sunday.

The Republican lawmaker announced on Saturday that he would spend this coming week recuperating in Arizona.

McCain’s office announced that the senator underwent a procedure Friday to remove the blood clot at the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix.

The senator’s office was not immediately available to comment on when he would return to Washington."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4n3xjKiGn

Wonder if he will disclose his out of pocket expenses and co-pays before he votes yes on the healthcare bill?

I just can't believe the hospital didn't keep an 80 yr. old in overnight after this procedure. Just to monitor vital signs.

I'm sure he has enough money to hire around the clock private duty R.N. to do this for him at home, but many people would not.

Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post
    Wonder if he will disclose his out of pocket expenses and co-pays before he votes yes on the healthcare bill?
    After what he went through in serving our country, hopefully nothing. We are indebted to him.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley's_Human View Post
    After what he went through in serving our country, hopefully nothing. We are indebted to him.

Many in the country are not indebted to him. Remember that the President Trump called him a loser and he does not like losers! So I imagine a lot of Trump supporters do not like losers either

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    McCain’s Surgery May Be More Serious Than Thought, Experts Say

By DENISE GRADY and ROBERT PEAR JULY 16, 2017

The condition for which Senator John McCain had surgery on Friday may be more serious than initial descriptions have implied, and it may delay his return to Washington by at least a week or two, medical experts said on Sunday.

The Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, has already announced that votes on a bill to dismantle the Affordable Care Act will not begin until Mr. McCain’s return. A statement released by Mr. McCain’s office on Saturday had suggested that he would be in Arizona recovering for just this week, but neurosurgeons interviewed said the typical recovery period could be longer.

The statement from Mr. McCain’s office said a two-inch blood clot was removed from “above his left eye” during a “minimally invasive craniotomy with an eyebrow incision” at the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix, “following a routine annual physical.” Surgeons there are not conducting interviews. Mr. McCain’s communications director, Julie Tarallo, said further information would be made public when it became available...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/16/h...-recovery.html

I'm keeping Sen. McCain in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley's_Human View Post

So all vets have the same coverage as McCain? Curious to know any difference - seems Americans in general do not have the same privileges, leading to the current crisis in US health care. Jmo and observation.

Lucky for him that he has medical care. Some folks don't. Hope he recovers

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    So all vets have the same coverage as McCain? Curious to know any difference - seems Americans in general do not have the same privileges, leading to the current crisis in US health care. Jmo and observation.
    No, not all veterans have the same healthcare. I don't know if he gets his care through the VA or if he gets it through Obamacare.

Which Senators have signed up for Obamacare?

John McCain, R, Arizona
    On DC exchange: Hasn't responded
    Staff on DC exchange: Yes ✓

He's also old enough for medicare! He's covered every which way.
    Last edited by bluesneakers; 07-17-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast