1203 users online (193 members and 1010 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Rhashedah Holliway said her daughter Nevaeh Johnson, 8, went out to play in a community playground around 9:30 a.m. Sunday.

Some 15 minutes later, friends said they saw her walking out of the playground and towards a grocery store on Maybam and Tremont Ave.
    Police said Nevaeh was at the Bradley Court Community Housing Playground. Holifield said a family friend was babysitting. “She was watcher her and let her walk off,” she said.

As CBS2’s Reena Roy reported, police were combing the area for any clues that might lead to Nevaeh. They were even searching dumpsters. Cops were seen carrying a trash bag away from a police truck.

“I got grand kids and I put my foot down and came running because we need to find this baby. She’s a baby. She’s a child. She needs to be back home, wherever she’s at,” Charlene Williams said.

By Sunday night, sanitation workers with heavy equipment had joined forces with police.
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/07/...g-newark-girl/

Neveah's aunt Takeeta Byfield told NBC 4 New York that a friend was supposed to be watching her as she played Sunday morning. Another witness told police they saw her walking in the direction of a bodega on Blank Road, but the worker said he saw a lot of kids and can't be certain if Neveah was there.

"She was on this playground being babysat by one of my sister's friends," Byfield said. "She just wandered off or somebody took her."

A police helicopter was seen flying over the scene while officers combed the area and handed out flyers to passing drivers. With Nevaeh missing for more than 12 hours, some question why there was no Amber Alert.

Found, safe, Penn Station!
    http://abc7ny.com/news/newark-police-confirm-missing-girl-found-safe/2224226/

Updated 7 mins ago
    NEWARK, New Jersey (WABC) --
    Newark police have confirmed that a missing 8-year-old girl has been found safe at Newark Penn Station

Could they be planning to go through the area dumpsters and need a place to put the refuse once sorted? I don't like that thought but the end loader and dumpsters make me wonder. If so that is depressing but good that they are doing so to be thorough before the dumpsters leave the area and head to the landfill.

come on sweetie be safe somewhere

ETA - OH GOOD! SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!
    Last edited by tlcya; 07-16-2017 at 11:20 PM. Reason: yes! We can move her to safe!
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    Penn Station? That's 5+ miles away. ?????

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...434822573.html
    She was found alive around 11 p.m., about 13 hours after she was reported missing.
    Neveah's aunt Takeeta Byfield told NBC 4 New York that a friend was supposed to be watching her as she played Sunday morning
    It wasn't immediately clear why Nevaeh was at the station or how she got there.

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Oh, Thank GOD!!!

How did she get so far away?!?

Wee hoo!!

I hope and pray I am not coming back to redact this thread
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Janice Reddick, who found Nevaeh, told NBC 4 New York that she saw her sitting on a bench waiting for a bus.

"I walked up to her and said 'is your name Nevaeh?'" Reddick said. "She said yes and I snatched her off the bench and I ran with her." Reddick said she took Nevaeh directly to police.

Reddick said Nevaeh's heart was beating fast and she was trembling a bit when she found her. She said a woman tried to stop her from taking Nevaeh. It wasn't immediately clear who the woman was or the relationship, if any, she had with Nevaeh.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post

Janice Reddick, who found Nevaeh, told NBC 4 New York that she saw her sitting on a bench waiting for a bus.

"I walked up to her and said 'is your name Nevaeh?'" Reddick said. "She said yes and I snatched her off the bench and I ran with her." Reddick said she took Nevaeh directly to police.

Reddick said Nevaeh's heart was beating fast and she was trembling a bit when she found her. She said a woman tried to stop her from taking Nevaeh. It wasn't immediately clear who the woman was or the relationship, if any, she had with Nevaeh.
    I hope that woman comes forward if she was not involved and possibly thought Reddick was the one trying to kidnap the girl. Must be cameras everywhere, surely police will try and find her regardless. Neveah may be able to tell more, too. So strange. Very happy this little girl is safe.

There's a video interview here with the lady that found her and she gives a few more details not in the article: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...434822573.html

The woman interviewed who found her not only asked her her name, she also showed her the missing picture and asked if that was her. The girl said yes. She asked if she lived at Bradly Court Apts. and the girl said yes. Only then did the woman grab her and take her to the police.

The woman who was with Nevaeh when she was found (and tried to stop the woman rescuer) claimed that the girl's mother (Rasheeda) was in the bathroom at the station. IMO, this does sound like Nevaeh was possibly taken by someone who knew her family, or at least knew her mom's name. MOO.

Just so happy this had a good ending. We've had too many sad ones this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post

Have a feeling that this could've ended worse if it wasn't for them running into one another....wow, just wow

Thank goodness for concerned citizens in the area:

A group of about 15 community leaders and concerned residents gathered for prayer at the housing complex then began their six-hour search of a 25 city block span to search for Blaine.

A little after 10 p.m., one of the residents reportedly received a tip that a woman on board an NJ Transit number one bus was transporting a child fitting the description of Blaine and headed towards Newark Penn Station. The group of residents jumped into cars and headed towards the train station where they found the woman and Blaine waiting at the bus stop. A brief physical struggle for the child ensued with one of the leaders when the woman was confronted. The resident gained the upper hand in the struggle and secured Blaine while the other team members contacted NJ Transit Police who detained the unidentified woman.

A Newark Police spokesperson would only confirm that Blaine was safe and under observation at University Hospital.

It is not clear if the woman was acquainted with Blaine's parents or if she realized that police were searching for the child throughout the day.

There were no immediate reports of a formal arrest of the woman as the investigation remains active and ongoing.

https://www.rlsmedia.com/article/com...ld-girl-newark

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    There's a video interview here with the lady that found her and she gives a few more details not in the article: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...434822573.html

The woman interviewed who found her not only asked her her name, she also showed her the missing picture and asked if that was her. The girl said yes. She asked if she lived at Bradly Court Apts. and the girl said yes. Only then did the woman grab her and take her to the police.

The woman who was with Nevaeh when she was found (and tried to stop the woman rescuer) claimed that the girl's mother (Rasheeda) was in the bathroom at the station. IMO, this does sound like Nevaeh was possibly taken by someone who knew her family, or at least knew her mom's name. MOO.

Just so happy this had a good ending. We've had too many sad ones this year.

Thank you for the video!!
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast