WI - Jeffrey Hillebrand for child molestation, Fort Atkinson, 2006

mssheila

Reaction score
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WI_MOLESTATION_CHARGES_WIOL-?SITE=WTMJ&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2005-12-23-17-49-29

Fort Atkinson man charged with assaulting nine children

JEFFERSON, Wis. (AP) -- A Fort Atkinson man and former coach is charged with multiple counts of child molestation after allegations he assaulted nine children.

Jeffrey S. Hillebrand, 38, faces two counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child and eight counts of second-degree sexual assault of children between the ages of 9 and 13.

Hillebrand is not allowed to have contact with any children as a condition of the $10,000 bond he posted Thursday.

Fort Atkinson Police Department Lt. Scott Pallan said Friday that nine child victims were involved in the alleged assaults, which took place from 2004 through November 2005

And the average is something like, an offender will usually commit 9 more offenses that they will not be charged for, for everyone they are able to charge him with. The possibilities are astounding aren't they? How long was this guy a coach? Did he have children of his own, did he have neighbor and friends children he was close to? I hate these guys with a passion!

I cant seem to find any background on this guy. I'm appalled. The DA's office in Jefferson county says they have 5 more kids that have come forward now. I'm stunned. This community is so close! I'm suprised it hasn't been ALL OVER the news. I just stumbled upon this story looking for Angela Drake news. Crazy.

Fort Atkinson man charged with multiple counts of child molestation waived his preliminary hearing in Jefferson County Circuit Court Thursday and pleaded not guilty to 10 counts of sexual assault of children.

Jeffrey S. Hillebrand, 38, pleaded not guilty to two counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child and eight counts of second-degree sexual assault of a child. Hillebrand is accused of sexually assaulting nine children between the ages of 9 and 13.

Jefferson County Circuit Court Judge Jacqueline R. Erwin raised the $10,000 cash bond she set for Hillebrand on Dec. 21 to $20,000 after prosecuting attorney Tris Michels Baker said Fort Atkinson police have told her they could be filing several more charges today involving incidents with possibly five more children.

Baker also said there is indication Hillebrand spoke with one of the victims since he posted the $10,000 bond, which violates the condition he was not allowed have contact with any children. She added Hillebrand made a call to one the victims' homes and that child answered the phone.

Defense attorney Michael C. Witt countered there are adults that live at the home Hillebrand called and that he (Hillebrand) could not have known if a child was going to answer the phone. Witt added he had no knowledge of the new allegations.
http://www.wdtimes.com/articles/2005/12/30/news/news2.txt

mssheila said:
WHY oh WHY are these guys allowed bond/bail at all???? Ugh

This all takes place about 10 miles from where I live... I'm sick over this story.

Update below

http://www.wdtimes.com/articles/2005/12/31/news/news2.txt

I don't understand it either. Did you notice they had to change to hearing date because he has to be in court in two other counties? I wonder what that is all about.

SewingDeb said:
I don't understand it either. Did you notice they had to change to hearing date because he has to be in court in two other counties? I wonder what that is all about.
I have not been able to find anything about this. I googled him, I ccapped him, and nothing new :waitasec:

I hope someone updates an article soon. This must be horrifying being near you.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why this is not ALL over the news. Between this and the Angela Drake story, I'm shocked that our local news has such incredibly lax coverage of these HUGE stories. This guy is running around the streets and peoples kids are in danger! I'm really upset that there is no news here. :confused:

mssheila said:
I have not been able to find anything about this. I googled him, I ccapped him, and nothing new :waitasec:
I think that the date was rescheduled b/c his attorney had to appear in other counties. I don't see anything on CCAP telling me he has other charges in other counties to answer for.

I can offer a few points - the atty he hired, Mike Witt, is, IMHO, the best defense atty in Jefferson County. I've watched him try some other sex assault cases, and he's good. Hiring Witt means that this guy intends to go to trial, not plead. The ADA is also very good, and they've tried this type of case before, so it will be an excellent trial.

JeffCo is very law and order, so don't doubt that if this guy is convicted, he will get SERIOUS time. And - they've already got him scheduled for trial the first week in Feb. That's swift justice.

Also - not to downplay what has happened to these children, but in WI, per statute, first degree sex assault of a child can be anything from touching a private part over the clothes to forcible rape. The age of the child is all that matters - for 1st degree - it must be a child under 12. For second degree 12-16 years. Even though there are multiple counts, and multiple victims, and this is still a sick man, it won't be clear until the trial what the extent of harm was.

STATE OF WISCONSIN IN COURT OF APPEALS
DISTRICT IV

STATE OF WISCONSIN,
PLAINTIFF-RESPONDENT,

V.

JEFFREY S. HILLEBRAND,

DEFENDANT-APPELLANT.

APPEAL from judgments and an order of the circuit court for Jefferson County: RANDY R. KOSCHNICK, Judge. Affirmed.

Before Dykman, Vergeront and Lundsten, JJ.

¶1 PER CURIAM. Jeffrey Hillebrand appeals from judgments convicting him on six felony counts, all involving sexual activity with children. He also appeals from an order denying his motion for postconviction relief. The issues are whether the trial court erred by denying his motion to suppress inculpatory statements he gave police, and by denying his motion for a reduced sentence. We affirm.

snip

¶4 Hildebrand agreed to plead no contest to six counts in exchange for dismissal of all others. At sentencing he presented himself as suffering from alcoholism, depression and posttraumatic stress disorder. The trial court sentenced him to prison terms requiring him to serve thirty-two years of initial confinement followed by thirty-three years of extended supervision. He was thirty-nine years old when the sentences were imposed.

BBM. Appeal at link:
http://www.wisbar.org/res/capp/2008/2007ap001921.htm

Jeffrey S. Hillebrand is housed at the Columbia Correctional Institution.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back