1074 users online (94 members and 980 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Be true View Post
    Really appreciating your links. I'm not on Twitter thanks x

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk
    I feel a sense of overwhelming grief looking at the photos.. an even deeper sense of my Irishness, and I'm the least 'Irish' orientated person I know. mostly despise everything about this country, but I am filled with a sense of our history, the Famine ships, the loss of innocence.
    They had to travel so far.. cap in hand.. for justice for their brother, a justice that is in no way guaranteed..
    hearts broken, and subjected to the laws governing another country, just because their brother was there when he was murdered.
    Out-lawyered, out numbered and less sophisticated.. all I can think of doing right now is to pray for them all.
    (sorry for this outburst)
    ..or so it appears.. ...

Quote Originally Posted by kittythehare View Post
    I feel a sense of overwhelming grief looking at the photos.. an even deeper sense of my Irishness, and I'm the least 'Irish' orientated person I know. mostly despise everything about this country, but I am filled with a sense of our history, the Famine ships, the loss of innocence.
    They had to travel so far.. cap in hand.. for justice for their brother, a justice that is in no way guaranteed..
    hearts broken, and subjected to the laws governing another country, just because their brother was there when he was murdered.
    Out-lawyered, out numbered and less sophisticated.. all I can think of doing right now is to pray for them all.
    Not an outburst, a mere summary of this whole sad situation. Pictures are hard to see but the Corbetts will no doubt go into court today in the same dignified manner they have walked together in these last 2 years together.

I did notice, does anyone else agree, the defence seems to appear more muted today than in previous hearings photos.

Just wondering if there is precedent for a trained FBI agent giving evidence in their own self defense? Would the jury be advised that as a trained member of the FBI, then it is likely that TM has had formal training in how to be interviewed/how to portray an image of his choosing etc etc?

I am glad to see that friends have rallied and travelled with them...it is going to be so hard to sit through all the evidence, my heart goes out to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic-lady View Post
    Just wondering if there is precedent for a trained FBI agent giving evidence in their own self defense? Would the jury be advised that as a trained member of the FBI, then it is likely that TM has had formal training in how to be interviewed/how to portray an image of his choosing etc etc?
    Good point. Also I question why they reports from sources close to defence tell of the view point that putting MM on the stand isnt likelyas mentioned in this morning's papers.

MM is a witness to events on Aug 2nd and has until now used her voice quiet often in her own defence.

To me it seems wrong because they are being tried together so would TM testimony alone not in fact sway Jurors either way on both defendants rather than individual testimony on both their parts ?

So essentially again he is taking the lead for his daughter.

Last edited by Be true; 07-17-2017 at 11:38 AM.

I share your sentiment . The only consolation we can have is they know that we all stand with them . They know they have so much support

..or so it appears.. ...

Good point. Also I question why they reports from sources close to defence tell of the view point that putting MM on the stand isnt likelyas mentioned in this morning's papers.

MM is a witness to events on Aug 2nd and has until now used her voice quiet often in her own defence.

To me it seems wrong because they are being tried together so would TM testimony alone not in fact sway Jurors either way on both defendants rather than individual testimony on both their parts ?

It is considered a bad idea generally to put the defendant on the stand. Most defense lawyers will advise against it.

This is unbelievable.

I think they are doing their utmost to portray Molly as the victim in this case - too meek/too vulnerable to testify, her Father will protect her once again and take the stand for both of them. Aside from the fact that I think it would be hard to control her volatility under direct questioning from the prosecution (as we saw in the 'my name is MMC' outburst) I think it is a direct ploy from the defense to surrepticiously convince the jury of Molly's innocence.

Check out the clothing today...in every other court appearance she has dressed in smart, fitted clothes. Today no heels, loose high necked dress and flouncy cardi, very limited make up and simple hair. They are dressing her for the defense they are giving her IMO.

Are there any of our forum from the USA at trial today?

Quote Originally Posted by Logic-lady View Post
    I think they are doing their utmost to portray Molly as the victim in this case - too meek/too vulnerable to testify, her Father will protect her once again and take the stand for both of them. Aside from the fact that I think it would be hard to control her volatility under direct questioning from the prosecution (as we saw in the 'my name is MMC' outburst) I think it is a direct ploy from the defense to surrepticiously convince the jury of Molly's innocence.

Check out the clothing today...in every other court appearance she has dressed in smart, fitted clothes. Today no heels, loose high necked dress and flouncy cardi, very limited make up and simple hair. They are dressing her for the defense they are giving her IMO.
    Totally agree. I don't think she even has make up on from what I can see in the pic. It's odd to anyone who has followed the case as her appearence until now was notably different.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Sheep View Post
    It is considered a bad idea generally to put the defendant on the stand. Most defense lawyers will advise against it.
    TM defence seem to be pretty confident putting him up there. Noted by logic lady he may in the nature of his job feel very comfortable on the stand.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast