795 users online (65 members and 730 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Sheep View Post
    It is considered a bad idea generally to put the defendant on the stand. Most defense lawyers will advise against it.
    Unless your defendant is highly trained in interrogation I guess!

We should expect no less
    Charcoal, Navy and Blue

In general, these are the best colors to wear to court. They’re not as severe as black, and they complement many colors of shirts and ties. Many years ago at trial college, an instructor claimed that blue was the best color to wear to court because blue connoted “the truth.”
    What About Shoes?

Keep it simple: Black or dark brown lace-ups. Another lawyer said to never wear square toes, so I’ll toss that suggestion in here, too.
    Dress Appropriately

I’ve read several lawyers’ blogs where they recommend dressing as if you’re going to your mother’s synagogue or church, or to your grandmother’s for Thanksgiving dinner. I suppose they’re using the mother/grandmother angle to reinforce the idea of respectfulness, modesty and cleanliness, all of which are good guidelines.
    I read another lawyer’s blog in which he counseled young lawyers to dress sedately, but once they started getting a few gray hairs, they could dress however they wanted for court. Uh, not true. I have more than a few gray hairs, and I’d never dress any way I want for the courtroom unless I want my case to be treated any ‘ol way the judge wants. Doesn’t matter if you’re twenty-six or eighty-six, first impressions still count.
    http://shaunkaufmanlaw.com/2014/03/1...shaun-kaufman/

Quote Originally Posted by stephanddoody View Post
    Wow ! She's wore blue a few times now to court, wouldn't have even thought of that !

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

http://www.thejuryexpert.com/2012/07...ght-statement/

DON'T - Wear a black suit. A woman’s suit color can impact jurors’ perceptions of her. Academic research suggests that people can make negative or positive attributions about a person based on the colors they are wearing; and this fact is particularly true for women. For example, people wearing black have been perceived by others as aggressive; and for women specifically, black may convey a “cold” persona. Therefore, a female witness should steer away from wearing a black suit

..or so it appears.. ...

Really notice the muted dress code and hair and make-up dull down today when you look back at past court appearances.

Backs up your find. Blue has been a colour of choice.

Moo <modsnip>

Last edited by Harmony 2; 07-17-2017 at 10:13 PM. Reason: no link for image

http://www.independent.ie/videos/vid...-35939580.html

"You will try to find the truth and reach a verdict or verdicts in this case," Judge Lee said.
    "You alone will determine the truth."
    Judge Lee noted that the jurors did not volunteer and were randomly chosen by the Davidson County Jury Commission.Qualifying jurors must be aged 18 or over, must be English speaking, be citizens of both North Carolina and Davidson County and must not be disqualified from serving on a jury through any convictions.
    Judge Lee said it was "very important" that all jurors fully complete the questions and circle the names of any potential witnesses they may know.
    Jurors were also told they should indicate if they had previously heard or read about the trial matters involved.
    It is expected that as well as 12 jurors the trial will see a number of alternate or replacement jurors also being sworn in.
    Selecting a jury could take until Wednesday.
    Once the selection process concludes, Greg Brown will open the case for the prosecution.
    http://www.independent.ie/world-news...-35939585.html

Can anyone hear the audio between TM and lawyer? Clearly?

The court intends to pick a panel of 14 people, 12 of whom will be the ultimate jury, with two alternate jurors to cover in case one of the 12 needs to withdraw during the trial.

It is possible that process could take up to five days to complete.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0717/89...martens-trial/

Quote Originally Posted by Be true View Post
    Really notice the muted dress code and hair and make-up dull down today when you look back at past court appearances.

Backs up your find. Blue has been a colour of choice.

Moo<modsnip>
    stunned at your skill uploading images..
    this certainly tells a story in itself.
    Noticed dailysnail shamelessly used her 'model' photograph in their weekend coverage! Incorrigible, but I check every word..
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 07-17-2017 at 10:12 PM. Reason: snipped quoted post
    ..or so it appears.. ...

"I spoke to Molly after the event and her mother. And Molly indicated that she killed my brother," Ms Lynch testified.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-34345784.html

Old articles but let's not forget this when the defence allegations start to come.

Moo

Can anyone hear the audio between TM and lawyer? Clearly?

which link are you referring to,please?
    ..or so it appears.. ...

http://www.independent.ie/videos/vid...-35939580.html

This one Kitty, it's not clear on my device
    Quote Originally Posted by kittythehare View Post
    which link are you referring to,please?

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast